PDA

View Full Version : Rail Crossing Advert Campaign

efq
10-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Network Rail have launched a new TV Campaign about Rail Crossings which I saw today for the first time, and it looks like a lovely advert for Center Parcs of something then she gets run down by a train.
I literally shouted out "Oh my god" in my living room because I didn't expect it.

It is a very strong but good advert that will definitely do the job, I think it's about time they do an advert as horrible as this that will stick in everyones mind and leave a message.

You can watch it below, and post what your views on it are :)

Note: There aren't any advisory warnings, it was played at midday today but you would think from the nature of it, it would be! But it's good it isn't so children can see it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-sIfsW7tg

xxMATTGxx
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Good advert to be honest, although I don't think it's that bad in terms of what happens. I've seen worse adverts but yeah these adverts are always good and a reminder of what can happen if you don't think about the trains/track when crossing a railway.

lawrawrrr
11-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Bit shocking, but that's what works really... the amount of people who do stupid things at train tracks is ridiculous. So many unecessary deaths.

Kieran
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Good adverts. Doesn't show anything gruesome. It's not as bad as some of the old car crash adverts :P

Samantha
11-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Yeah I saw this yesterday on a TV show, it was basically showing what dumb people do on train tracks then showed that! A good message but I've only been on a train once (well there and back) and I'd never go near train tracks if I can help it.

efq
11-10-2012, 01:19 AM
But I like how the made it all happy; and show even a family day out can end up tragic. Although you'd have to be a silly parent to not notice the crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aiden
11-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Thats horrid.. I dont know where but ive seeen a even worst one before. Sad though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!