PDA

View Full Version : Radio & Events

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 08:54 AM
So as events organisers we're supposed to let the DJ know about our event so they can advertise it on air and change the ''DJ says''. I just asked the DJ to do so and his answer was ''It's not 10 yet i'll change in 7mins''...

Advertising it's supposed to be done before the hour.. Can't you make it a rule for the DJ to HAVE to update it?

Mathew
13-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Considering the DJ usually changes at the start of the hour, we can't really expect the previous staff member to update it too. The person on air whilst you're hosting must advertise, but they have no obligation to attend. Given the context, it might be a bit pedantic if they're refusing to update it, but I can't see any issues at the minute! :D

Aiden
13-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Okay I'm not sure if you was paying attention but the DJ Says was updated 5mins before, although whats the use in advertising an event that isnt in progress. People will hear the DJ say the event when it's actually in process so yeah.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 09:04 AM
ADvertising is the use. I need people to know the event is happening because it's ACTUALLY happening. WHy do you think EO's post in the CNB sometimes 30mins before their events? For the exact same reason.

---------- Post added 13-10-2012 at 10:05 AM ----------

Considering the DJ usually changes at the start of the hour, we can't really expect the previous staff member to update it too. The person on air whilst you're hosting must advertise, but they have no obligation to attend. Given the context, it might be a bit pedantic if they're refusing to update it, but I can't see any issues at the minute! :D

The previous DJ can update it before the hour. Gives them lots of time. And I'm not saying they should attend it, obviously they don't. And no idea what pedantic means anyway.

Aiden
13-10-2012, 09:06 AM
ADvertising is the use. I need people to know the event is happening because it's ACTUALLY happening. WHy do you think EO's post in the CNB sometimes 30mins before their events? For the exact same reason.

They post 30mins before because it gives users on the forum a better chance to see, but the radio is live and they can hear it. If I say search 'Blah for Blah' 10 mins before, the host of the event would get mad, they might have some things to set up.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 09:11 AM
They post 30mins before because it gives users on the forum a better chance to see, but the radio is live and they can hear it. If I say search 'Blah for Blah' 10 mins before, the host of the event would get mad, they might have some things to set up.

Lots of people read ''DJ says'' and it works a bit like cnb. That's why it should be updated before the event starts.
And if the EO doesn't ask you to advertise then don't. But I specially asked to update it like 10mins before and nothing was done.

Aiden
13-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Lots of people read ''DJ says'' and it works a bit like cnb. That's why it should be updated before the event starts.
And if the EO doesn't ask you to advertise then don't. But I specially asked to update it like 10mins before and nothing was done.

Although some thing was done.

Anyway if they is an event going on at 9 and I change the DJ says to a different event 10 mins earlier like you asked.. it wouldn't work. The rules are for DJ's 'You must advertise official Habbox Events when they start'.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Although some thing was done.

Anyway if they is an event going on at 9 and I change the DJ says to a different event 10 mins earlier like you asked.. it wouldn't work. The rules are for DJ's 'You must advertise official Habbox Events when they start'.

How wouldn't it work?

Aiden
13-10-2012, 09:54 AM
How wouldn't it work?

Because the event before wouldnt have any players for the last 10 mins.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 09:58 AM
First there weren't any events before.
Second of course it would. Players don't do everything they are told in HxL and they wouldn't leave and event just because another one is starting in 10mins. But those 10mins where the event would be advertised in the ''DJ says'' would be 10mins where people would get to know the event and be there as soon as it starts.
Instead, if the ''DJ says'' gets updated only when the event starts, it'll take even more minutes for people to know about the event and for them to come..

Aiden
13-10-2012, 10:03 AM
First there weren't any events before.
Second of course it would. Players don't do everything they are told in HxL and they wouldn't leave and event just because another one is starting in 10mins. But those 10mins where the event would be advertised in the ''DJ says'' would be 10mins where people would get to know the event and be there as soon as it starts.
Instead, if the ''DJ says'' gets updated only when the event starts, it'll take even more minutes for people to know about the event and for them to come..

But I don't see the problem? I advertise events when the event is in action.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 10:08 AM
But I don't see the problem? I advertise events when the event is in action.

Exactly I think they should be advertised before they are.

Aiden
13-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Exactly I think they should be advertised before they are.

Well I don't. The system works as it is.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Well I don't. The system works as it is.

Really? You think radio advertise works just when DJs advertise when the event is happening? Because it doesn't.
Plus if DJs advertised the events even if 10mins before, less people would need to be bothered to check the CNB and it could bring you more listeners that are also interested in events.

Aiden
13-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Really? You think radio advertise works just when DJs advertise when the event is happening? Because it doesn't.
Plus if DJs advertised the events even if 10mins before, less people would need to be bothered to check the CNB and it could bring you more listeners that are also interested in events.

Also a lot of the time they are more people in the events room then tuned in, plus HxL rules say you have to advertise before 15 mins have passed. So I have to advertise the event but in the first 15 mins. I do it at the time it starts.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Also a lot of the time they are more people in the events room then tuned in, plus HxL rules say you have to advertise before 15 mins have passed. So I have to advertise the event but in the first 15 mins. I do it at the time it starts.

That rule isn't very bright tbh. Semantic might be the problem. S: So after 15mins you can't advertise anymore? You should be able to.
And you realize a lot of people tuned in aren't in the event. Most people in events don't even know about habbox..
And the ''DJ says'' should be updated at least 10mins before the event..

Aiden
13-10-2012, 10:43 AM
That rule isn't very bright tbh. Semantic might be the problem. S: So after 15mins you can't advertise anymore? You should be able to.
And you realize a lot of people tuned in aren't in the event. Most people in events don't even know about habbox..
And the ''DJ says'' should be updated at least 10mins before the event..

No.. You have to put it in the DJ says and Advertise within 15 mins.. then you don't have to speak about it again but you can. And most DJ's will.

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 10:49 AM
No.. You have to put it in the DJ says and Advertise within 15 mins.. then you don't have to speak about it again but you can. And most DJ's will.

Not really. Most DJ's don't even read shoutouts/requests tbh. Lol. And no, not talking about me.
I still think it should be at least 10mins before anyway and no matter what you say.
15mins for advertising is 15mins where people that are only tuned in won't know about the event and habbox rooms won't get that populated.

sex
13-10-2012, 10:54 AM
It might also help if you where actually in your room when the event was ok Kikali.... people aren't going to wonder into an empty room..

Aiden
13-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Not really. Most DJ's don't even read shoutouts/requests tbh. Lol. And no, not talking about me.
I still think it should be at least 10mins before anyway and no matter what you say.
15mins for advertising is 15mins where people that are only tuned in won't know about the event and habbox rooms won't get that populated.

Well I doubt that that will happen. It's a silly idea that will run events into each other. Just leave it as it is. The only reason you created this thread is because you didnt get your own way.

GoldenMerc
13-10-2012, 11:27 AM
DJ's and Events will never be able to join properly unless they have a staff forum together and can start speaking to each other, communication is key, you cant just expect it all to come into place with asking

Jazz
13-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I only skim read the convo between zahz and aiden so sorry if i repeat what someone has said.

I think that advertising it on the hour, through the show is alright, we dont need the hassle of advertising the current event and the next event at the same time, it just doesnt make sense. I don't think you should force the DJ's to do what you want, and when you dont get what you want you make a thread about it if im perfectly honest.

auffant1
13-10-2012, 06:59 PM
What difference does 10 minutes really make? 1, 2, maybe 3 people? If the event is at 3 then it should be advertise on air at 3 so not to get confused witht the current event.

This rule has been place for a long time and why should it change because you feel its wrong. Theres no point in arguing about something that will not change :P.

Gina
13-10-2012, 07:04 PM
i dont see why the dj cant just do it on the hour and advertise it throughout the show, like what they currently do?

Samantha
13-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Tbh if you hAve an event at 9 and its now 9:50 pm you're saying the dj should advertise, sorry but those who are in PARTY ROOMS are obviously not interested for the current event so probably wont care for the next one. Some listeners will be in the 9 o'clock event room still so I think it's then upto the 9pm host to inform people in the room where and when the next event is so no DJs shouldn't advertise before the hour, they can advertise on the hour.

Chippiewill
13-10-2012, 07:21 PM
I think DJs should definitely advertise on the hour, though there's certainly nothing wrong with advertising the next event in a "during the next hour.." kind of fashion along with the next DJ right before they stop - but ten minutes early is a bit OTT.

What I don't makes sense is advertising events in the DJ says bit, seems like the wrong place for it especially since there's loads of information about events on the Habbox site to begin with.

Martin
13-10-2012, 07:46 PM
It's never been a case where DJ's have to advertise an event before it actually is happening, always been at the start of the show and during the show. Mainly because, people are listening live, they hear it straight away and travel to the events room straight away if they want to attend, hearing about it 10 minutes early won't make much difference really and could get confusing, especially since lately there have been events on the events panel which havent even gone ahead :P

DJs should certainly advertise during their slot though, most practically at the start of the show/hour. Departments helping each other in this way is crucial really, it works in lots of ways but everyone should be doing what they can to help other departments and not just their own. Unfortunately its a bit of a quiet period right now for the radio, struggling to get above 10 listeners on a saturday night and quite a few nights this week the radio has gone offline for some reason, lack of staff or lack of motivation I just don't know. Advertising really needs to be upped, not too sure if advertising habboxlive gets you banned still on habbo thesedays, but if not then I think the radio could be advertised in events too so it works both ways. Need more giveaways and stuff to get new listeners.

I remember a couple of years ago we had a 'request a DJ' thread, where events organisers requested a DJ to attend at their event etc, and then a senior member of habboxlive would reply back with who will be on air and would pass the message onto them etc. It worked quite well in some ways, but was scrapped in favour of all DJs advertising events anyway which is how it should be really. I do think its nice if the DJ can get down to the events rooms more often though, get the listeners there, and advertise the radio whilst there also.

Basically there is no need to advertise the event before it is due to start on habboxlive because there could still be a previous event already in progress, the transition doesnt really happen until the hour is complete and then the listeners can be informed of the new event, its a live thing, its not like the community notice board which is static, the people tuned in will hear it and make their decision on the spot normally. They can see the events timetable on the main site anyway whilst tuned in :P So providing that is updated there is no issue really.

Andii
15-10-2012, 12:07 AM

Great another pointless thread.

Really if your going you argue about what THE DJ SAYS. Why don't you start complaining and making the events people control the DJ says. That's what your yappin about this time from what I read.

It's the DJ says for a reason they don't have to have it up before the event or even during they can have it to something they want or letting people know what's going on at Habbox not just events. Stop being selfish and just thinking of events. It crosses into other departments. That's like me complaining about news not posting articles about rare values every week. Because its stupid.

I personally hate seeing when a Habbox event is advertised as the DJ says. I liked seeing a DJ not sure which one but they had what song they enjoyed listenin to this week for it :)

Phil
17-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Just thought I'd pop by...

Great another pointless thread.

Really if your going you argue about what THE DJ SAYS. Why don't you start complaining and making the events people control the DJ says. That's what your yappin about this time from what I read.

It's the DJ says for a reason they don't have to have it up before the event or even during they can have it to something they want or letting people know what's going on at Habbox not just events. Stop being selfish and just thinking of events. It crosses into other departments. That's like me complaining about news not posting articles about rare values every week. Because its stupid.

I personally hate seeing when a Habbox event is advertised as the DJ says. I liked seeing a DJ not sure which one but they had what song they enjoyed listenin to this week for it :)

HI ANDY!

Yeah mate you have no good points there really. It was never the case the DJ's had to advertise an event before it even started but why shouldn't they advertise when on air? It takes seconds to mention every ten minutes or so. While you may see it as an act of selfishness on behalf of the events organisers, yes it may be, whether they realise it or not. But when a DJ advertises an event and even a small amount of people turn up, that still brings it up a few spaces in the navigator in the hotel meaning other Habbo users, who may not know about Habbox will see it and might come in. Every person that comes in who is not a member of Habbox should be seen as a potential user. That's why DJ's should advertise the events!

About putting it into the DJ Says, again, why not? Some people when visiting the main site may have the site on mute, just like I did when I was around. The might see the event in the DJ Says and decide to pop down.

Finally, using the example you used about news not posting about rare values because you think that's stupid? Why would you think that's stupid?! That just makes it sound like the departments have nothing to do with each other? Excuse me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a community in which the departments worked together.

Clearly something to be resolved in staff forums or with managers. Nothing the members of the public can do about this.

Kardan
17-10-2012, 12:38 PM
There is no issue here really, as long as the DJ advertises it when it starts then all is good, there is no point advertising an empty room for 10 minutes, not many people are going to wait around.

And how many people actually read the DJ says thing? Yes, maybe when you first tune in, but listeners dont sit and watch that all day, they have the radio on in the background, so i dont see an issue here either.

Frankly this would have been better off sending it to the radio and events managers, seems that feedback is the new place to boost post counts :P

lawrawrrr
17-10-2012, 03:29 PM
A lot of events organisers don't turn up until 2 minutes before the event starts, or are setting up before so it's not necessarily the best 'rule' ever as there are SO many exceptions to it!!

the.games
17-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I think that DJs should be encouraged to visit event rooms as well as advertising them, but I can see why this can obviously not be compulsory.

I don't really see a point to early advertising if I'm honest as people don't want to be waiting 5-10 minutes for an event to start :P.

I think a bit more events- HabboxLive collaboration may make events and the radio more interesting as well! :)

Foregetfuhl
19-10-2012, 06:43 AM
I visit the event rooms and I believe some of the other DJs do to, unfortunately not all of them can as internet can drag when we have Sam up. Zahz there really is no reason for this thread. You've been at HxL you know how it runs and it works fine. The majority of DJs check the events before they go on air anyway and if its random event that wasn't known about they let us know via the Shoutout line and it is all sorted either way.

I do think that events and HabboxLive need more collaboration and I have said this numerous times before in feedback/suggestions etc. but its never exactly been said of since. And to be honest it goes both ways. The events organiser should also advertise HabboxLive and say that a DJ is on air surely? I only saw a couple of EOs doing that and the majority of the DJs make sure they advertise events and put it in the DJ says when they could use that for other things like what I prefer such as advertising their own competitions, favourite songs, weekly shows etc. since they do relate to HabboxLive. I remember going to events during HxSS and joining up my shows with Pennie, Paul, Tom and Connor and they would advertise HabboxLive and then I would advertise their event and it worked really well. HabboxLive and Events need to be brought together. They both have their own voices in retrospect and that is something that I would like to see and maybe it would improve who knows if we don't try?

Chippiewill
19-10-2012, 10:54 PM
The events organiser should also advertise HabboxLive and say that a DJ is on air surely??
I know that Martin definately does, but I don't think it should really stop at events, all departments should be attempting to cross-promote in some way. Although definately HabboxLive and Events more than others.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!