PDA

View Full Version : Why were "Events" removed?

Hyru
13-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I feel like events are a necessity now that we got to experience them. Quick and easy way to advertise your game rooms or shops (especially for those without lots of friends). I think removing events was a total mistake. They need to bring them back. Thoughts?

This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find any info on the reasoning behind it.

Thread moved by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo News and Rumours' as I feel it is more suited here.

MKR&*42
13-10-2012, 01:31 PM
lmao we get this question like every week.

Tbh I don't remember why they were removed? Might have been during the mute... anyway, they need to bring them back and stop focusing on ridiculous, repetitive quests.

Red
13-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Erm, I think it was because it can't be moderated?

Hyru
13-10-2012, 01:44 PM
lmao we get this question like every week.

Tbh I don't remember why they were removed? Might have been during the mute... anyway, they need to bring them back and stop focusing on ridiculous, repetitive quests.

I couldn't find any discussions on it so I've been dying to know lol. Why remove a feature that is incredibly beneficial to everyone? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I really hope they are planning to make a return.. the trade market has slowed down immensely. Now it's harder to buy what you need and sell what you want. :(

Empired
13-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I think it was removed during the mute because Habbo was paranoid that people would find a way to talk through it. This is just a guess though.

Nick
13-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I thought it was because when the mute happened everyone was making too many "unmute habbo" event rooms or something like that... from what i heard ;o

geo
13-10-2012, 01:55 PM
They were removed during the mute, I think people used them to get people in there rooms for like what nick said, the "unmute habbo" and people made them saying "read stickies to talk" blah bla

Hyru
13-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Hmm that's a silly reason to remove them completely. Some people were acting immature during the mute so now we all have to suffer :(

GoldenMerc
13-10-2012, 03:48 PM
They were removed with the big mute afaik. To stop communication.

Hyru
13-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Surely everyone agrees it should be back? It's a pretty huge and important feature in my opinion

cameron354
13-10-2012, 09:08 PM
They were removed during the mute. They said they can''t be moderated easily, but in my opinion they are no more unsafe than normal rooms. If a room is inappropriate you can just report it, mods have got better at closing inappropriate rooms now. That should be no different to having an event.

Ekelektra
14-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Like everyone said yeah they were removed during the mute coz you could communicate. People were making events like "UNMUTE HABBO!!!11" and they were making rooms/events saying "COME TALK HERE READ STICKIES" and inside it used wired so you could talk.

They are coming back though I've heard staff are working on them again. But I don't know how long. I hope soon coz trading and events are so hard without them!

Rixion
14-10-2012, 01:02 AM
One of the reasons I couldn't come back on habbo full time is this, no one ever comes to your rooms now. :')

,Abbey
14-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah they should bring back events panel because it would really help me when I wanted to host a cc or whateverr... :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!