PDA

View Full Version : [Question] DJ Software for Mac OS X?

shanedee
13-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Hi!

I was thinking of applying for the AU group of DJs and before I filled out the form and all that I was going to check out SAM Broadcaster, but I found that it was not compatible for OSX and this is the OS that I use for audio production and other reasons. So, I was thinking, if I applied what software would you recommend for OS X as you seem to be very hesitant on using SAM.

And another thing, what kind of music would you want being played, because I don't have a lot of, let's say... "popular" tunes at the moment... :P

Aiden
13-10-2012, 06:05 PM
@Shaneedee; You will have to buy Nicecast (around $10) for a Mac. For more info ask Pigperson; I think he might be able to help you.

But for music you can play anything you like.. some DJ's play Pop, some Rock and Mental some Remixes. Habbox is for everyone of every kind of music!

shanedee
13-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Cool cool. At least it seems to be a lot cheaper then SAM! hehe.

And well well that sounds very appetizing. I was tuning in to some and it was a lot of pop and I wasn't sure if my music taste would be wanted :P

Aiden
13-10-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm sure if you do apply and get a trial your music will be fine as long as it doesnt swear.

shanedee
13-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh my, I might have to check for swearing yes, it's annoying when ridiculously good music has swearing when it comes to broadcasting ):

Aiden
13-10-2012, 06:17 PM
You could try getting clean versions...

shanedee
13-10-2012, 06:18 PM
I shall try! Or I could try edit them myself :P

Aiden
13-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes.. also you could find other songs you like that don't swear!

shanedee
13-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Well of course. But some are just amazing musically! the vocalist just had to let out some swears.

I could just have an hour of Led Zeppelin, I would like that.

Aiden
13-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Well of course. But some are just amazing musically! the vocalist just had to let out some swears.

I could just have an hour of Led Zeppelin, I would like that.

You cant play the same artist in the same hour.

shanedee
13-10-2012, 06:59 PM
oh. i wasn't being serious :O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!