PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview at GAME

Foregetfuhl
14-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey Guys, got a job interview at GAME on Tuesday and I don't really know what to expect I have a love for games and gaming systems anyway so I guess that's a bonus but I know they focus more on the sales side of things and the need to SELL SELL SELL.

Just wondered if anyone has had an interview with them recently and knows what they ask etc.

hamheyelliot
14-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Well done Jade!

From what I've read, you should breeze through most of the typical questions they ask (Why do you want to work for us, what is your favourite game and why etc.) - stuff you'll be able to handle no problem. YOU COD LUNATIC.

On the other hand, with GAME and Gamestation it's not uncommon for them to ask you to sell them something on the spot like a stapler or even an Xbox. You should be a little prepared for something along those lines.

But to be honest Jade, you'll be able to handle pretty much anything they throw at you - you just have to be in the sales mindset like you mentioned.

And check if they have any Habbo cards that got taken off the shelves in the stockroom

GoldenMerc
14-10-2012, 09:30 PM
This would be a really cool job to have as its one of your interests also, I'd be upfront about you can explain your gaming background etc.

Foregetfuhl
14-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah I know I have the knowledge, I don't necessarily have the experience but they can train me up and I know how to sell when it comes to household products as we were made to do it in college.. I play xbox, playstation and nintendo 64 incase anyone wondered ;) but i do love my xbox <3

Oleh
14-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Tell me how the interview goes, I've been wanting a job at game for a while now (Mainly because it's my area of expertise) :D

Foregetfuhl
14-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Tell me how the interview goes, I've been wanting a job at game for a while now (Mainly because it's my area of expertise) :D

Will do :) I've been reading up online and that about other peoples interview experiences with them so will see. But if you do want a job with them I would reccomend putting your CV in now as they are hiring Christmas Temps :)

Catchy
15-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Well done jade, I guess it will just be a generic interview I'm sure you'll be fine just bang on about customer service :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stephen
15-10-2012, 02:08 AM
if you have boobs then you'll get the job

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly!

Foregetfuhl
15-10-2012, 07:56 PM
if you have boobs then you'll get the job

I doubt that they would hire me like that seeing as they don't actually have any female employees there? :/

SackRace
16-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Sure you will do fab Jade! Because your in too all that stuff as Ross said this is a pretty cool job for you, so good luck!

Foregetfuhl
16-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Well it was a group interview.. not 100% sure how it went, i knew my stuff and sold it but there were people there who have had jobs in GAME/Gamestation/HMV before :/ and baring in mind I haven't and baring in mind they are employing 5 people out of the 35 people who were there I really don't know.

CrazyLemurs
18-10-2012, 03:11 PM
It's 1/7 of the applicants, which isnt THAT bad
As long as you've given all that you feel comfortable giving, your result is going to represent your ability
If you can walk into the store and stand confidently and sell the stock, help customers with decisions and handle tough situations, you're sure to be accepted!

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

Foregetfuhl
19-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Got a call saying to go to the other store that is actually closer to me as his notified the manager there but the manager at the one i applied for decided to go for the people who had had previous experience in a similar role. He said the one at the other store would give me an interview on the spot if I went to the store this Saturday as this guy I spoke to on the phone said I had it all but the experience and that I would be better off suited with the other store as they are smaller but still needing temporary staff for the Christmas period. So result!?

GoldenMerc
19-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Could be hopeful, I dislike the whole experience thing but i guess when it comes down to it, Most of the time it is right. But people saying they have had 2 months experiance at say HMV, How do you know they were any good? How do you know they wernt fired etc, Think it needs to be ruled about and a bit more strict. But good luck Jade

Foregetfuhl
19-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Could be hopeful, I dislike the whole experience thing but i guess when it comes down to it, Most of the time it is right. But people saying they have had 2 months experiance at say HMV, How do you know they were any good? How do you know they wernt fired etc, Think it needs to be ruled about and a bit more strict. But good luck Jade

Awww hopefully I'll get a job in GAME i do love me a bit of my xbox and ting as you know. I know one of the Gamestation people were fired for stealing products as he whispered it to me whether or not they will find that out I don't know?? I'm sure if they ring up for character references they will find out. LOL

Richie
19-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Be handy if you got it as you're interested in gaming.. then again people like to keep jobs / hobbies seperate

Foregetfuhl
19-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Be handy if you got it as you're interested in gaming.. then again people like to keep jobs / hobbies seperate

I would love to have both in the same environment! Selling something I love and playing games during my breaks. You can't go wrong with that..

Chippiewill
19-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey Guys, got a job interview at GAME on Tuesday and I don't really know what to expect I have a love for games and gaming systems anyway so I guess that's a bonus but I know they focus more on the sales side of things and the need to SELL SELL SELL.

Just wondered if anyone has had an interview with them recently and knows what they ask etc.

If you get a job at GAME please be one of the cool people who work at GAME, like the guy who gave me a copy of Portal 2 the day before retail release.

Foregetfuhl
19-10-2012, 09:36 PM
If you get a job at GAME please be one of the cool guys who work at GAME, like the guy who gave me a copy of Portal 2 the day before retail release.

I am a cool guyess. I just hope I don't cough and gag on the interviewer tomorrow.. Don't think that will help with getting a job

Chippiewill
19-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Just imagine the other person naked, apparently that somehow helps.

Glen Coco
21-10-2012, 05:15 PM
how'd it go?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!