PDA

View Full Version : Samsung's Galaxy Nexus Ban Overturned

peteyt
14-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Another loss for apple. Samsung appealed against the ban Apple obtained on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and thankfully they won the appeal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19919298

Moved by efq (Forum Moderator): From "Technology Discussion" as it is better suited here :)

GoldenMerc
14-10-2012, 09:59 PM
They should have, so well deserved over turn never the less. Apple need to stop with these pointless court cases anyway, shows they are scared

GommeInc
14-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Good. The phones are popular and it was a stupid idea to ban sales of the phones. Unfortunately I read somewhere that a court somewhere, possibly the US, has decided not to propose any changes to the patent system.

Catchy
15-10-2012, 01:33 AM
I've just switched from the iPhone to the nexus, can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever owned and prefer it so much more! Glad Samsung won tbh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

peteyt
15-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I read that they do plan to look at the patent system but it could take ages to actually change it

GommeInc
16-10-2012, 12:17 AM
I read that they do plan to look at the patent system but it could take ages to actually change it
If at all. Big businesses will probably make threats and attempt emotional black mailing, suggesting they can't function properly if the plan goes ahead. Those with political allies will probably sway the decisions too. It will be the right thing to do, ethically and morally, but will they? :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!