PDA

View Full Version : Apple Event - 23rd October

xxMATTGxx
16-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Apple are holding an event on the 23rd October - A lot of news sites are predicting that this will be about the iPad Mini or it could just be about something else. Most likely the Mini though.

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/16/ITnx2.jpg

It's really happening. Apple will hold an event on October 23rd to announce the long-rumored, smaller iPad. At least, that's what an invitation just sent out from Apple PR suggests. An iPad with a smaller screen size has been rumored for months, and the company almost certainly wants to announce the product before the holiday buying season to compete with cheaper tablets like the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7 — and of course put the hurt on Microsoft's big Surface release.

We'll be covering the event live from the California Theatre in San Jose, bringing you the most stable, reliable, and entertaining live blog in the industry. You can also join us post-event for immediate analysis of all the news. Keep it tuned to The Verge on the 23rd — it will be the one thing in your life you don't have to feel regret about.

And in the meantime, keep track of everything we know about the iPad mini in this thrilling StoryStream!

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/16/3455132/official-apple-ipad-mini-event-october-23

I wonder how much this will cost considering the cheap price of the Nexus 7. Do you think it's going to be similar or not?

Mr-Trainor
16-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Ooh wasn't sure whether this would happen or not, after the last rumoured iPad Mini event not happened. Anyway, will be interesting to see the iPad Mini but more importantly, the price. If it's less than £250, I'll most likely be buying one (for a birthday present, not for me), if not it'll be the Nexus 7 :P.

I personally think
8GB £249/$299
16GB £329/$399
32GB £400/$500
would be reasonably pricing, maybe different capacities. Just guessing! According to MacRumors, there could also be new Macs (13" rMBP, Mac mini, iMac). We'll find out soon, anyway.

GoldenMerc
16-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Id say £200 is chapest they will go.

Mr-Trainor
16-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Id say £200 is chapest they will go.
Yeah £200 could be possible, but if it was then I'd say it'd definitely be only 8GB at that price.

GoldenMerc
16-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah £200 could be possible, but if it was then I'd say it'd definitely be only 8GB at that price.

Yeh, it is Apple after all ;P

Recursion
16-10-2012, 05:06 PM
*really* don't see the point considering they just made the screen bigger on their other devices.

xxMATTGxx
16-10-2012, 05:09 PM
*really* don't see the point considering they just made the screen bigger on their other devices.

So they can compete with the Nexus 7 :P

GoldenMerc
16-10-2012, 05:12 PM
But arnt Asus making a loss with the Nexus?

Chippiewill
16-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Nicely timed to draw attention away from the Surface on the days following.

Recursion
16-10-2012, 06:44 PM
But arnt Asus making a loss with the Nexus?

Google are the ones taking the hit on the Nexus iirc.

hamheyelliot
16-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Love it, Microsoft finally drops the Surface pricing etc. - Apple steals the show.

I don't know how Apple purists will feel about this one, seeing as Jobs condemned the idea of a 7" tablet - but it'll probably mean that Surface is dead on arrival with all the hype.

Chippiewill
16-10-2012, 08:25 PM
but it'll probably mean that Surface is dead on arrival with all the hype.
Doubt it, there'll be a week of hype due to the pre-orders, tons of reviews and then the days right after the Apple announcement a lot of discussion will be about Windows 8 in general anyway.

GommeInc
16-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Agreed. If it is the iPad Mini, then why have they ignored Jobs? He attacked the idea of having a smaller tablet :/

If it is, I expect them to ignore other things he has said that are actually pointless, like his thermo-nuclear war against Android which is widely agreed upon as being pointless and anti-competitive.

As for the matter at hand, a smaller iPad would serve Apple well. There is quite a lot of demand from iPad users who would like something smaller and more comfortable to fit in the hand. They are a bit tedious to walk around with, like holding a huge 10x8" photoframe :P

Doubt it, there'll be a week of hype due to the pre-orders, tons of reviews and then the days right after the Apple announcement a lot of discussion will be about Windows 8 in general anyway.
Indeed, the news buzzing around about the Surface is pretty positive. People are obviously moaning about the price, but the Surface (or is it just "Surface"?) is in itself a good computer. There's a lovely image going around of someone plugging an iPad into the Surface. I imagine that's the Pro, not the RT version but I've not looked that deep into the details of either.

iBlueBox
16-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, Steve did have doubts about a smaller iPad, but Steve being the character he is, does change his mind.

Though I think I read somewhere that Steve in the end, was convinced about a 7inch tablet.

--

Also, one think I really miss from Apple events since Steves death and whats lacked from the events is the 'One more thing' as that was always something nice.

Aiden
16-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Omg that will be amazing.. My bday is on the 23rd so I can get it straight away!!

- Sent from my iPhone 5, Aiden

Mr-Trainor
17-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Steve did have doubts about a smaller iPad, but Steve being the character he is, does change his mind.

Though I think I read somewhere that Steve in the end, was convinced about a 7inch tablet.

--

Also, one think I really miss from Apple events since Steves death and whats lacked from the events is the 'One more thing' as that was always something nice.
I guess you're referring to this:
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/03/eddy-cue-worked-to-convince-steve-jobs-of-need-for-7-inch-ipad-in-early-2011/

I definitely think there's a market for a smaller iPad, but it will be interesting to see the exact specs, price and everything, next week.

Chippiewill
17-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I imagine that's the Pro, not the RT version but I've not looked that deep into the details of either.

I didn't know anyone had even seen a Surface Pro in the wild yet?

peteyt
18-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Is it just me who thinks that no 3G is a bad idea with the Surface. I know people who like to use tablets like mobile phones on the go, in places that often won't have WIFI. This will put some people off in my opinion.

Recursion
18-10-2012, 05:47 AM

They haven't, as far as I know?

xxMATTGxx
18-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Is it just me who thinks that no 3G is a bad idea with the Surface. I know people who like to use tablets like mobile phones on the go, in places that often won't have WIFI. This will put some people off in my opinion.

Well some people often buy those devices where you connect them via WiFi which then gives them 3G service? Instead of paying out to buy the 3G version of the product. Or connect to your smart phone which then let's you do the same thing.

GommeInc
18-10-2012, 09:37 AM
It's more hypotheticals than anything, the RT Surface has a USB port but I can't imaging it understanding what's plugged into it (iPad, MP3 player, sat nav etc). Unless the RT version is a proper OS? Windows 8 RT is advertised as a tablet optimised OS, which is why I said maybe the Pro version could work out what's going into the USB port. I've sort of brought a discussion from somewhere else onto here, making very little sense as I go along :P

xxMATTGxx
18-10-2012, 09:51 AM
It's more hypotheticals than anything, the RT Surface has a USB port but I can't imaging it understanding what's plugged into it (iPad, MP3 player, sat nav etc). Unless the RT version is a proper OS? Windows 8 RT is advertised as a tablet optimised OS, which is why I said maybe the Pro version could work out what's going into the USB port. I've sort of brought a discussion from somewhere else onto here, making very little sense as I go along :P

The Pro version is basically Windows 8 on what you would use on your desktop and laptop. RT is basically the ARM version of Windows and has limitations. Although you should still be able to put a device into the USB port and it will do whatever.

I would expect you would be able to charge devices from it, access stuff on a memory stick or maybe even plug in a keyboard. I also believe you can plug in an Xbox 360 controller and that will work as well.

Mr-Trainor
23-10-2012, 10:43 AM
It's seems that you'll be able to watch this event live if you have an Apple TV ( source (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/23/apple-to-stream-live-video-of-ipad-mini-media-event-to-apple-tv/)). Would be good if you could watch it through the Apple website though, I don't have an Apple TV :P.

iBlueBox
23-10-2012, 11:32 AM
It's seems that you'll be able to watch this event live if you have an Apple TV ( source (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/23/apple-to-stream-live-video-of-ipad-mini-media-event-to-apple-tv/)). Would be good if you could watch it through the Apple website though, I don't have an Apple TV :P.

They did use to stream the events on iOS Devices and Macs, but haven't for a while, hopefully if there doing this on Apple TV they will stream again.

Though someone will prob stream the event anyway from an Apple TV.

iBlueBox
23-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Update:

Apple streaming online now!

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2012/

Nli.
23-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Apple are now streaming online, and through iOS, Macs and as previously mentioned Apple TV!

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 05:17 PM
New 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Features of it that Apple are saying:

.75 Thick
3.5 Pounds (Lightest MacBook Pro ever)
No optical drive
Retina display
USB 3.0
Thunderbolt
Dual Mics
FaceTime HD Camera
Backlit Keyboard
Price tag starts at $1699 for 2.5GHz dual-core i5, 8GB Ram and 128GB SSD.

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/WYG4x.jpg

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/oyX59.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

New Mac Mini

2.5GHz dual-core i5, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD - $599

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/bGg7i.jpg
http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/S6nWq.jpg

New iMac

Very thin....

The edge is 5mm thin
21.5-inch and 27-inch. 2,560 x 1,440 and 1,920 x 1,080 for the two sizes.
No optical drive
FaceTime HD Camera
Dual Microphones
Up to 3TB of storage
Core i5 or i7
4x USB 3 Ports, Thunderbolt, SD card slot etc

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/OYAGz.jpg

Fusion Drive

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/9LhEJ.jpg

System and apps start out on flash, data on hard disc drive. Most frequently used items automatically move to flash for better performance.

Mr-Trainor
23-10-2012, 05:46 PM
The only think I hate about all their new macs is the lack of the CD drive, I guess I'm 'stuck in the past' as Tim said lol.
Wonder what the UK price of the rMBP will be, if it's < £1500 then I'll consider it over the 15 inch I was planning to get.

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 05:48 PM
iPad 4th Generation - Same size as the last one etc

A6X - Faster Performance
10 hours battery life
LTE/4G support for the cellular version
Faster Wi-Fi
Lightning Connector
New Cables: Lighting to USB and lighting to an SD card reader

iPad Mini

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/10/23/Ma4uO.jpg

So how do people feel with Apple releasing another iPad this year? That is THREE iPad's in 2012.

mrwoooooooo
23-10-2012, 05:55 PM
omg they've copied all the android tablets! sue sue sue!

Mr-Trainor
23-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Just waiting for the price now.

Chris
23-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Didn't expect ipad 4, bit ridiculous considering the ipad 3 only came out in March.

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 06:07 PM
$329 for iPad Mini

Mr-Trainor
23-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Will probably be ~£269 in the UK then.

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Probably the highest price yet for a 7 inch tablet. But I wasn't expecting it to have a killer price.

Mr-Trainor
23-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Probably the highest price yet for a 7 inch tablet. But I wasn't expecting it to have a killer price.
Yeah it was rumoured to start at that price. I suppose it is more of an 8 inch tablet :P, plus it's Apple - everything's a bit expensive.

mrwoooooooo
23-10-2012, 06:13 PM
It is £269

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-mini/overview/

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 06:22 PM
The 3rd generation (one they released earlier on this year) is no longer on sale but they have kept the iPad 2 on. Interesting move I suppose, I wonder why they are keeping the 2 for this long.

iBlueBox
23-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I do think though, CD-Drives are becoming a bit out-dated, I've never used mine on my Macbook Pro since I've had it since christmas.

Also, the iPad 4, I think they had to update it sooner rather then later because of the lightning connecter, as now all products have that.

Even for the price £269 I think is still pretty good considering it's Apple, and the specs for that price are reasonable.

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 06:26 PM
iPad 5 March 2013? :P

Chippiewill
23-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Unless the RT version is a proper OS?
It's a full OS, they just cut down most of the additional libraries for applications to use. It fully understands what a USB device is, not that it'll be able to run much software to do anything about it. I'd be very surprised if apple even bothered porting itunes.

Mr-Trainor
23-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I do think though, CD-Drives are becoming a bit out-dated, I've never used mine on my Macbook Pro since I've had it since christmas.

Also, the iPad 4, I think they had to update it sooner rather then later because of the lightning connecter, as now all products have that.

Even for the price £269 I think is still pretty good considering it's Apple, and the specs for that price are reasonable.
Yeah the only reason I use my CD drive regularly is the Edexcel Maths CDs that come with the textbooks :P. But also, don't you need a CD drive to install Windows on Boot Camp? Personally though, I'll be getting the normal MBP which has a CD drive anyway.

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah the only reason I use my CD drive regularly is the Edexcel Maths CDs that come with the textbooks :P. But also, don't you need a CD drive to install Windows on Boot Camp? Personally though, I'll be getting the normal MBP which has a CD drive anyway.

You can make the windows installer bootable on a USB stick to be fair - Not sure if that works with boot camp as I've never owned a Mac and done that.

iBlueBox
23-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Also, I'm sure you can pick up CD-Drives for about £60,

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Also, I'm sure you can pick up CD-Drives for about £60,

You can get one for like £22 if you don't want anything fancy :P

iBlueBox
23-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know the prices for the iPad mini smartcover?

GommeInc
23-10-2012, 08:55 PM
So... the iPad Mini has a 7.9" screen. People are already calling it the Samsung Galaxy Note iPad :P

HotelUser
23-10-2012, 10:20 PM
So... the iPad Mini has a 7.9" screen. People are already calling it the Samsung Galaxy Note iPad :P

First I've ever heard of this.....

It's a full OS, they just cut down most of the additional libraries for applications to use. It fully understands what a USB device is, not that it'll be able to run much software to do anything about it. I'd be very surprised if apple even bothered porting itunes.

Windows 8 RT is not a full operating system (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431475-92/google-agrees-with-mozillas-windows-rt-browser-concerns/), I want the full Windows experience on a tablet so I'm likely going to get a not RT tablet when they become better priced.

Chippiewill
23-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Windows 8 RT is not a full operating system (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431475-92/google-agrees-with-mozillas-windows-rt-browser-concerns/)
It is a full operating system, albeit a heavily locked down one.

GommeInc
23-10-2012, 11:07 PM
First I've ever heard of this...
Facebook, BBC, Google+, The Guardian... I could go on.

Other comments are about how Apple is playing catch-up... again.

Judging by the lack of comments on here, the event really must of been a let down, but that's common with these big reveal events now.

xxMATTGxx
23-10-2012, 11:21 PM

Judging by the lack of comments on here, the event really must of been a let down, but that's common with these big reveal events now.

Probably because we all know a new iPad is coming in March ;) Haha. I don't really have a view on the event really, I just wanted to see what price tag they would shove on the Mini. Imagine if they sold an iPad for like £150? That would sell like hot cakes and would kill the Android tablet market for sure.

efq
23-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I WANT IPAD MINI NAO

HotelUser
23-10-2012, 11:53 PM

They released new macbooks, imac, mac mini and 2 new iPads. You don't think the event was successful because it didn't get many comments on some website? Really? I'll evaluate how successful their product updates are when I analyze their Q4 2012 and Q1 2013 profits because that's how you determine if productline installments are successful. You don't determine if an event was successful by baselessly checking out comment counts on news websites which only a fraction of consumers even visit. As for playing catchup did you even look at what was released at the event? I doubt it because they pushed out a 13" laptop that has a 2560x1600 resolution (that's playing catchup?). I'm not sure how Apple will do long term but I really can't grasp how Apple's playing catchup - If you mean they should of had a 7" tablet earlier then I don't see why that renders them as playing catchup (the nexus 7 only came out recently). If Apple is playing catchup what's Microsoft doing because it's now been years since the iPad came out, and Microsoft's only pushing out a tablet now ;)

(p.s. if I ruffled some Microsoft fanboy feathers with anyone don't bother getting too angry! I'm only disappointed that it took Microsoft so long to push out Windows 8 because I've wanted a Windows tablet for a long time)

It is a full operating system, albeit a heavily locked down one.

See, to me the exciting part of Windows in my pocket is truly having a "full" operating system at my disposal in tablet form. I know Windows RT has a lot of bells and whistles but it wont be compatible with the vast majority of Windows software, and the RT version is also really limited in terms of developing for (they put staggering limits on the API at your disposal which means no Chrome, no Firefox). Don't get me wrong, if you handed me an RT tablet I would enjoy it but I wouldn't see it as a truly "full" operating system. I would only be able to compare a Windows RT tablet to the likes of iOS and Android based tablets because it's just as limited. I really want a CISC Windows tablet because then that's true compatibility with all my Windows software. The only problem with this, is that CISC Windows tablets are ridiculously expensive at the moment.

efq
24-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Tbh, I don't care what people say online. It's stupid to say but if I like it, I couldn't care less what others say. If I dislike it I return it. Simple.

But Apple is my religion, anything new, even if they change one thing, I have to buy it :( IM A SUCKER OK.

GommeInc
24-10-2012, 12:51 AM
They released new macbooks, imac, mac mini and 2 new iPads. You don't think the event was successful because it didn't get many comments on some website? Really? I'll evaluate how successful their product updates are when I analyze their Q4 2012 and Q1 2013 profits because that's how you determine if productline installments are successful. You don't determine if an event was successful by baselessly checking out comment counts on news websites which only a fraction of consumers even visit. As for playing catchup did you even look at what was released at the event? I doubt it because they pushed out a 13" laptop that has a 2560x1600 resolution (that's playing catchup?). I'm not sure how Apple will do long term but I really can't grasp how Apple's playing catchup - If you mean they should of had a 7" tablet earlier then I don't see why that renders them as playing catchup (the nexus 7 only came out recently). If Apple is playing catchup what's Microsoft doing because it's now been years since the iPad came out, and Microsoft's only pushing out a tablet now ;)

(p.s. if I ruffled some Microsoft fanboy feathers with anyone don't bother getting too angry! I'm only disappointed that it took Microsoft so long to push out Windows 8 because I've wanted a Windows tablet for a long time)
Event success and total business success are completely different things... Again, you make an argument out of nothing (hence your paragraph explaining mundane things because you've got riled again). Also, news websites seem to not care so much about Apple updates. They used to show praise immediately after an event, now they're deflated.

And isn't it playing catch-up to release a larger phone and a smaller tablet to please two growing market segments? It's strange, because Jobs was against it yet Apple will happily ignore him now. It's a shame they do not ignore the rest of the ridiculous things he came out with, like his war on Android. As for the rest, it's just minor updates that don't fit the price tag, but that's just personal opinion.

HotelUser
24-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Event success and total business success are completely different things... Again, you make an argument out of nothing (hence your paragraph explaining mundane things because you've got riled again). Also, news websites seem to not care so much about Apple updates. They used to show praise immediately after an event, now they're deflated.

I would call classifying the success of a corporate run event based upon just a few comments on one website making an argument out of nothing :rolleyes:

And isn't it playing catch-up to release a larger phone and a smaller tablet to please two growing market segments? It's strange, because Jobs was against it yet Apple will happily ignore him now. It's a shame they do not ignore the rest of the ridiculous things he came out with, like his war on Android. As for the rest, it's just minor updates that don't fit the price tag, but that's just personal opinion.

You said the event was playing catchup yet they released a bundle of new products and again as previously mentioned they released the high DPI 13" macbook which is the furthest thing in the world from playing catchup.

As for the iPad mini if they didn't do it you would of said they lag behind the times, since they have done it you're just going to criticize them for some other reason. Typical Gomme.

peteyt
24-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Just another way for Apple to empty suckers pockets by bringing out a mini ipad but with a "large" price and then bringing another main ipad out to top it off. Why don't they just ask for everyone's bank account numbers

xxMATTGxx
24-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Chris isn't impressed by retina display at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2k77RcF3V8&feature=share&list=UUhQl2YkLt3dj-KDyGUBzcHw

Jack!
24-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I suppose then only reason they kept the 2 was to keep something that was mid-range, slightly higher price, bigger screen.

As they said, schools love iPads (Along with uni and college students), but often the costs are just too high, so you can either get a small(er) one for £239 or for £70 more you get another 2.1" of screen, spec wise they are exactly the same apart from the lightning port, right?

I would imagine they introduced the new iPad so it was back on par with the iPhone (CPU Etc.) as it makes no sense the way they had the iPhone with its A6X Chip, then the iPad stuck back on A5 (Or was it A6? Makes my argument a bit silly if it was.), When really the bigger, more powerful apps are (And should be) on the iPad, due to its increased screen size, more productivity etc, they needed to close up the gap.

And again its about staying ahead of the competition too I suppose, but it was probably one of the least un-exciting events.

Just my 2c really.

GommeInc
24-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I would call classifying the success of a corporate run event based upon just a few comments on one website making an argument out of nothing :rolleyes:

You said the event was playing catchup yet they released a bundle of new products and again as previously mentioned they released the high DPI 13" macbook which is the furthest thing in the world from playing catchup.

As for the iPad mini if they didn't do it you would of said they lag behind the times, since they have done it you're just going to criticize them for some other reason. Typical Gomme.
I guess you didn't read my posts again. I thought you would of learnt to read by now (*cough* (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=7731396#post7731396))

Where did I say the event was playing catch up? And you continuously refer to Microsoft as a company playing catch up because...? (pot, kettle, black). Typical can't read HotelUser defending Apple over a very small post.

xxMATTGxx
24-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I can see what they mean when they say this to be honest:

Slightly more powerful CPU, newer camera and adding the Lightening connector is something that could have definitely waited another 6 months at least. Apple has been refreshing the iPad approximately every 12 months, so why the rush to do it now? Just because they have the new connector on two devices doesn’t mean it needs to push it for the 3rd generation iPad. Yes, pricing for the device hasn't changed, but refreshing a device that is only 6 months old, for consistency reasons, almost smacks of desperation.

http://www.neowin.net/news/apple-stock-down-following-ipad-and-imac-event

Should we all expect another iPad in 5/6 months then?

---------- Post added 24-10-2012 at 10:55 AM ----------

I suppose then only reason they kept the 2 was to keep something that was mid-range, slightly higher price, bigger screen.

As they said, schools love iPads (Along with uni and college students), but often the costs are just too high, so you can either get a small(er) one for £239 or for £70 more you get another 2.1" of screen, spec wise they are exactly the same apart from the lightning port, right?

I would imagine they introduced the new iPad so it was back on par with the iPhone (CPU Etc.) as it makes no sense the way they had the iPhone with its A6X Chip, then the iPad stuck back on A5 (Or was it A6? Makes my argument a bit silly if it was.), When really the bigger, more powerful apps are (And should be) on the iPad, due to its increased screen size, more productivity etc, they needed to close up the gap.

And again its about staying ahead of the competition too I suppose, but it was probably one of the least un-exciting events.

Just my 2c really.

3rd Generation iPad = A5X
iPhone 5 = A6
4th Generation iPad = A6X

What's new on the 4th Generation iPad?

Slightly faster CPU
LTE/4G Support on the cellular version
Dual-Band Wi-Fi
Front Camera - 1.2 Megapixels (Was just a VGA 640x480 on early 2012 iPad)
Rear Camera - 5-Megapixel f/2.4 AF (Was just 5-Megapixel AF on early 2012 iPad)
Lighting Connector

Worth an upgrade from the early 2012 iPad? No, keep your money and wait.

HotelUser
24-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I guess you didn't read my posts again. I thought you would of learnt to read by now (*cough* (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=7731396#post7731396))

Where did I say the event was playing catch up? And you continuously refer to Microsoft as a company playing catch up because...? (pot, kettle, black). Typical can't read HotelUser defending Apple over a very small post.

I like how you tell me to read properly and yet you're saying I've continuously said Microsoft is playing catchup (I said it once not continuously) and you also ask where you said the event was playing catchup, you only need to scroll up to see where you said this.

Boring, contradictory, and without any actual legitimate points. Typical gome-isms.

GommeInc
24-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I like how you tell me to read properly and yet you're saying I've continuously said Microsoft is playing catchup (I said it once not continuously) and you also ask where you said the event was playing catchup, you only need to scroll up to see where you said this.

Boring, contradictory, and without any actual legitimate points. Typical gome-isms.
I said Apple were playing catch-up, not the event... Creating a smaller tablet to go with the competition and consumer demand is playing catch up. That's blatantly obvious and I don't see why I should iterate that playing catch up isn't a bad thing.

Also, you only said it once? Maybe in this thread, but you've said it before: Windows Phone 7 UI (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=661841&p=6689254#post6689254). It reminds me of that other thread where you didn't read anyones posts and went on a tiff because Apple was mentioned, saying stupid things and then denying them afterwards when the quote was repeatedly brought up.

Typical HotelUser, can't read a 19 word sentence (which another member had noticed (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=721383&p=7288960#post7288960)) and doesn't realise that this forum has a search function. Predictable, boring, and ignorant.

PS. It was Twitter that was calling the iPad Mini a Samsung Galaxy Note. Not that you'll read this, you missed out my entire posts because you couldn't be bothered to read and tooks things too seriously, as it was blatantly a joke too.

I can see what they mean when they say this to be honest:

http://www.neowin.net/news/apple-stock-down-following-ipad-and-imac-event

Should we all expect another iPad in 5/6 months then?
Apple are still selling the iPad 2, or were recently when I was helping a friend compare prices. It seems a bit too soon to even mention another iPad when the new iPad has a lot of life still in it. I wouldn't call it desperation, as they have no need to release a new one so soon as they are still very much in the lead in the tablet market. It seems a bit unwise, or a bit careless, when these supposed new features can wait.

Jack!
25-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I said Apple were playing catch-up, not the event... Creating a smaller tablet to go with the competition and consumer demand is playing catch up. That's blatantly obvious and I don't see why I should iterate that playing catch up isn't a bad thing.

Also, you only said it once? Maybe in this thread, but you've said it before: Windows Phone 7 UI (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=661841&p=6689254#post6689254). It reminds me of that other thread where you didn't read anyones posts and went on a tiff because Apple was mentioned, saying stupid things and then denying them afterwards when the quote was repeatedly brought up.

Typical HotelUser, can't read a 19 word sentence (which another member had noticed (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=721383&p=7288960#post7288960)) and doesn't realise that this forum has a search function. Predictable, boring, and ignorant.

PS. It was Twitter that was calling the iPad Mini a Samsung Galaxy Note. Not that you'll read this, you missed out my entire posts because you couldn't be bothered to read and tooks things too seriously, as it was blatantly a joke too.

Apple are still selling the iPad 2, or were recently when I was helping a friend compare prices. It seems a bit too soon to even mention another iPad when the new iPad has a lot of life still in it. I wouldn't call it desperation, as they have no need to release a new one so soon as they are still very much in the lead in the tablet market. It seems a bit unwise, or a bit careless, when these supposed new features can wait.

Can't we all just be friends?

@Matt, Ah, so I was wrong.

I'm assuming the A6X was an in-house chip, along with the A6?

HotelUser
25-10-2012, 10:18 PM

I don't want to argue because I'm sick of reading your droll trash which is further from the truth than Felix Baumgartner was from sea level when he was beating the world skydiving record. Apple isn't evil, the "evil" things you accuse Apple of doing are things every counterpart tech company does.

And I guarantee that you did not remember a post I made from 2010. You searched the entire forum to find that post after my last post. You're a joke. Go throw darts at the picture of Steve Jobs in your bedroom and chant to the devil gods to smite Apple down, but leave me out of your crap. I like Apple for some things and I dislike them for others. I like Microsoft for some things and I dislike them for others. You arrogantly hate Apple from every angle and you do not disapprove of any other companies who are guilty of the same faults. Your opinions are thus worth nothing and your attitude completely repulses me. When you learn to make practical and fair assertions about this industry without applying major biases then I will listen to what you have to say. Until you do that, what you say holds little validity and bores me to death :)

GommeInc
25-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't want to argue because I'm sick of reading your droll trash which is further from the truth than Felix Baumgartner was from sea level when he was beating the world skydiving record. Apple isn't evil, the "evil" things you accuse Apple of doing are things every counterpart tech company does.

And I guarantee that you did not remember a post I made from 2010. You searched the entire forum to find that post after my last post. You're a joke. Go throw darts at the picture of Steve Jobs in your bedroom and chant to the devil gods to smite Apple down, but leave me out of your crap. I like Apple for some things and I dislike them for others. I like Microsoft for some things and I dislike them for others. You arrogantly hate Apple from every angle and you do not disapprove of any other companies who are guilty of the same faults. Your opinions are thus worth nothing and your attitude completely repulses me. When you learn to make practical and fair assertions about this industry without applying major biases then I will listen to what you have to say. Until you do that, what you say holds little validity and bores me to death :)
I see you've proven you don't read my posts. Where did I say Apple are evil and that other companies are not? And I certainly did remember you saying Microsoft play catch-up, why else would I search this forum using the search features if I didn't know you said it :S

You're just mad because you're an angry little boy who gets proven wrong so many times. You say you have only ever said Microsoft play catch-up once, yet I proved you've said it more than that. Maybe when you've learned to read forum posts you may learn a thing or two, and get these silly little thoughts out of your head. Again, you've read one small sentence by me and blown it out of proportion. A Twitter user first pointed out how the Mini looks like a Note and you blow a casket for goodness knows what reason, writing lengthy replies no-one particularly cares about.

One can only imagine you're angry because you're frustrated because, unlike you, I actually remember and read posts, rather than cast wild accusations like you do on a constant basis :rolleyes:

HotelUser
25-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I see you've proven you don't read my posts. Where did I say Apple are evil and that other companies are not? And I certainly did remember you saying Microsoft play catch-up, why else would I search this forum using the search features if I didn't know you said it :S

You're just mad because you're an angry little boy who gets proven wrong so many times. You say you have only ever said Microsoft play catch-up once, yet I proved you've said it more than that. Maybe when you've learned to read forum posts you may learn a thing or two, and get these silly little thoughts out of your head. Again, you've read one small sentence by me and blown it out of proportion. A Twitter user first pointed out how the Mini looks like a Note and you blow a casket for goodness knows what reason, writing lengthy replies no-one particularly cares about.

One can only imagine you're angry because you're frustrated because, unlike you, I actually remember and read posts, rather than cast wild accusations like you do on a constant basis :rolleyes:

First off I did have the unfortunate pleasure of reading your posts although they annoyed me because they're filled with your standard generic garbage hating one company and neglecting the faults of others.

You're bringing things out from 2010 to try to strengthen what you're saying and firstly even if I believed you remembered what was said two years ago by me (and although I'm flattered I doubt you remembered at all), but again the 2 year old post you linked is completely irrelevant because in this thread, in this conversation we've had I've said it once: ooooonce.

You're utterly ridiculous. I'm surprised you're not conspiring against Apple products because you don't like their TV commercials or something :rolleyes:

GommeInc
25-10-2012, 10:58 PM
First off I did have the unfortunate pleasure of reading your posts although they annoyed me because they're filled with your standard generic garbage hating one company and neglecting the faults of others.

You're bringing things out from 2010 to try to strengthen what you're saying and firstly even if I believed you remembered what was said two years ago by me (and although I'm flattered I doubt you remembered at all), but again the 2 year old post you linked is completely irrelevant because in this thread, in this conversation we've had I've said it once: ooooonce.

You're utterly ridiculous. I'm surprised you're not conspiring against Apple products because you don't like their TV commercials or something :rolleyes:
It's not irrelevant just because you say it is. I said you always say it (an exaggeration) and you have said it before. 2010 to now, still saying Microsoft is playing catch-up, must mean you still hold these sentiments, otherwise you would never of said it at all. And clearly I must of remembered if I bothered looking it up. Why else would I search it? :rolleyes:

And how is saying the below bad? It was intended as a joke, but you seem to have this habit of taking things so seriously you make it your goal to de-rail threads, assuming people aren't aware of other companies doing dodgy things (Apple, for example, are not the only company in the Foxconn scandal, HP etc are all involved):

One thinks you should lighten up, as you clearly are an angry individual who takes things too literally, then gets upset when proven wrong. I'm yet to see where I say Apple is the only evil company.

HotelUser
25-10-2012, 11:41 PM
It's not irrelevant just because you say it is. I said you always say it (an exaggeration) and you have said it before. 2010 to now, still saying Microsoft is playing catch-up, must mean you still hold these sentiments, otherwise you would never of said it at all. And clearly I must of remembered if I bothered looking it up. Why else would I search it? :rolleyes:

And how is saying the below bad? It was intended as a joke, but you seem to have this habit of taking things so seriously you make it your goal to de-rail threads, assuming people aren't aware of other companies doing dodgy things (Apple, for example, are not the only company in the Foxconn scandal, HP etc are all involved):

One thinks you should lighten up, as you clearly are an angry individual who takes things too literally, then gets upset when proven wrong. I'm yet to see where I say Apple is the only evil company.

Prove me wrong and we will see if I'm angry. Since you haven't I guess we cannot tell :)

GommeInc
26-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Prove me wrong and we will see if I'm angry. Since you haven't I guess we cannot tell :)
I thought you weren't going to post any more because you're a certified embarrassment? I see you've not proven where I've said Apple is the only evil company. You're such a joke :rolleyes:

HotelUser
26-10-2012, 05:13 PM
I thought you weren't going to post any more because you're a certified embarrassment? I see you've not proven where I've said Apple is the only evil company. You're such a joke :rolleyes:

Remember when you said this:

It's not irrelevant just because you say it is.

Just because you say something is true doesn't mean it is true. God, I guess the only time you're not baselessly saying how bad Apple is, you're contradicting yourself ;)

samsaBEAR
26-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I come into this forum every now and then and I swear every Apple related thread has you guys arguing about it. Now I love a good internet argument as much as the next guy, but I feel like you guys are beating a dead horse here.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!