PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Ways To Improve Your Game?

blackops121
17-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I play COD alongside a very good friend of mine, I don't want to brag but we are two of the best players you could probably ever get on COD. However a very unusual technique allows us to improve drastically more... listening to a song, a very particular song.

Drake - I'm ready for ya.

And no, not the Rita Ora version, the original Drake one.

I recorded some results from Search and Destroy on Blackops.
Without Music: 8-2
With Music: 18-3

Without Music: 11-1
With Music: 21-1

Without Music: 9-4
With Music: 15-2

I then did the same across MW3, MW2 and Modern Warfare where we are actually far better players on than crappy Blackops, and again similar results appeared. Does anyone know why things as simple as playing certain songs can increase your gaming standards? Who knows why this happens?

Nick
17-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Maybe because it puts you in the mood i guess. I might try this out because im pretty bad at COD now since i hardly go on anymore :(

blackops121
17-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I find it really strange.. It doesn't seem to happen with any other songs for me! Find the song that does it for you :')

samsaBEAR
17-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I play COD alongside a very good friend of mine, I don't want to brag but we are two of the best players you could probably ever get on COD. However a very unusual technique allows us to improve drastically more... listening to a song, a very particular song.

Drake - I'm ready for ya.

And no, not the Rita Ora version, the original Drake one.

I recorded some results from Search and Destroy on Blackops.
Without Music: 8-2
With Music: 18-3

Without Music: 11-1
With Music: 21-1

Without Music: 9-4
With Music: 15-2

I then did the same across MW3, MW2 and Modern Warfare where we are actually far better players on than crappy Blackops, and again similar results appeared. Does anyone know why things as simple as playing certain songs can increase your gaming standards? Who knows why this happens?

Seriously laughed at the bolded bit. Playing with music is the worst, much better playing with headphones/a headset so you can hear what's going on around you, and that's not just sound whoring. Stuff like claymore's going off in the distance, people clicking in UAVs, silencers, if you have good sound it's a lot easier to play just by getting immersed in stuff like that.

blackops121
18-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Seriously laughed at the bolded bit. Playing with music is the worst, much better playing with headphones/a headset so you can hear what's going on around you, and that's not just sound whoring. Stuff like claymore's going off in the distance, people clicking in UAVs, silencers, if you have good sound it's a lot easier to play just by getting immersed in stuff like that.

Hahaha, I realised after I typed it that it was a bit contradictory, however I was just trying to say that we are really good yet for some reason that high level of play can be improved even FURTHER by something as simple as music which I found strange, but I tried to say it in least braggy way possible!

But anyways, I play with a normal xbox mic, I can hear things fine even when my music is playing full blast.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!