PDA

View Full Version : Italian scientists and official jailed for failing to predict 2009 earthquake

buttons
22-10-2012, 07:39 PM
woah
thought i'd share this, how ludicrous?!?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2221417/LAquila-earthquake-Italian-scientists-official-jailed-6-years-failing-predict-2009-disaster.html

they've been convicted of manslaughter..:S

An Italian court has today convicted six scientists and a government official of manslaughter for failing to give adequate warning of the deadly earthquake in 2009.The city of L'Aquila was decimated by the killer quake, which measured more than 6.3 on the Richter Scale and killed more than 300 people.
Now the group of seven, all members of an official body called the National Commission for the Forecast and Prevention of Major Risks, have been found guilty of negligence and malpractice in their evaluation of the danger of an earthquake and their duty to keep the city informed of the risks.

MKR&*42
22-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I read this earlier on BBC and was a bit stumped as well. I'm actually lost as to what to say over this :L

Jordan
22-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Apparently they ignored the signs months before the deadly quake. There were several warnings before the big quake and they failed to warn people. I do find the outcome of the whole thing a bit much.

sex
22-10-2012, 11:50 PM
its just going to stop scientists working with the government lol?????? this is way to extream, i read the article and it said they are unpredictable

Aiden
22-10-2012, 11:55 PM
No one will trust scientist now.. Took there time to discover this.

- Sent from my iPhone 5, Aiden

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!