PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] First Alt ! :)

EpicImo
27-10-2012, 06:59 PM
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/ImogenWilkinson/Firstalt.png

Sooo this is my very first attempt at making a alt. It took forever - kinda didn't realise that these things take time (I didn't know you had to make it pixel by painstaking pixel o.-). I added the wings which probably took the most time to make and changed the t-shirt colour from blue to red (amazing right ;) ) and changed the necklace (it was previously a dog tag). I would really appreciate constructive criticism :). ;)

noddy
27-10-2012, 07:39 PM
This is good for a first alt, it could be improved by more gradienting on the black parts of the wings :)

Aiden
27-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Good try! But maybe you could make the wings more rounded? So they don't have straight lines! :P +REP anyway!

SackRace
27-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Well, it's not bad for a first alt. I couldn't do any better.

KymKo
28-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Great try.. Im rubbish at alts myself LOL...

Try to make the wings more realistic.??

Jurv
28-10-2012, 08:58 PM
not too bad for your first go, there are a few things you can do to improve it though. one of the first things i'd suggest you do is try to make the wings rounder on the edges. at the moment they look far too straight. i would probably add some more shading to the centre of the wings too where the blue sections are, just to give it some more detail. other than that the wings are alright. perhaps you should try and edit some more of the habbo and give it a different facial expression or something? :P

e5
28-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Don't you mean the t-shirt from red to blue? :o

I like it, I think with the wings, they should be slightl more lifted, rather than in line with the Habbo, gives the effect of them flying more.

iFlame
28-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Not bad, well done!

Empired
29-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Well done for a first alt! Certainly not bad if it's your first try :P
Instead of me saying "improve on this, improve on that", I think your best bet is just to keep practising, especially with the wings! :D

noddy
29-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Well done for a first alt! Certainly not bad if it's your first try :P
Instead of me saying "improve on this, improve on that", I think your best bet is just to keep practising, especially with the wings! :D

This. Practice is the best bit of advice anyone can give you. Eventually you get the hang of all the little tools and how to shade/gradient effectively! Good luck

,Abbey
02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Bit simple, the wings don't look very pixelated to me but otherwise good for a first alt :]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!