PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Flash Player

Jordan
31-10-2012, 05:09 PM
You know when you download Google Chrome it comes with Flash built into it. Would that flash in Chrome conflict with the flash you download separately off the Adobe website? I'm only asking because I keep getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error on Windows 8 and I rang people up about it because I never heard of the error before and they mentioned it being flash or possibly graphics card. If it comes up again I'm going to uninstall chrome and see how it works but I was just seeing if people knew if flash in chrome can mess up with flash that you download separately.

get me?

do I even need to download adobe flash player separately if I have it on google chrome?
might have to re-write this back up again in english

mrwoooooooo
31-10-2012, 05:58 PM
could be anything :o

googled it and saw a couple of mentions about uninstalling anti virus software fixing some peoples

Tomm
31-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Any user mode applications can't directly cause that BSOD as they don't operate with the required privileges. However, device drivers do and it seems more likely there is some kind of issue with one of the drivers installed on your system. Considering that Windows 8 is quite new then it is fairly reasonable to expect that some bugs with device drivers are creeping out now that it has GA.

Just to add, when I said directly I mean that Chrome/Flash can't actually cause the BSOD but rather it may be caused by some issue outside of chrome/flash that could get triggered by chrome/flash.

Also in response to your last question, you don't need to download flash player separately if you only want to view flash in chrome.

Jordan
31-10-2012, 11:40 PM
could be anything :o

googled it and saw a couple of mentions about uninstalling anti virus software fixing some peoples

Thanks, I tried googling the error message and I couldn't find a lot, if it pops up again then I will probably try without google chrome on the PC to see how that happens but if it happens again after that I will try without the anti virus software. Then if not I'll take it back and see what they suggest.

Any user mode applications can't directly cause that BSOD as they don't operate with the required privileges. However, device drivers do and it seems more likely there is some kind of issue with one of the drivers installed on your system. Considering that Windows 8 is quite new then it is fairly reasonable to expect that some bugs with device drivers are creeping out now that it has GA.

Just to add, when I said directly I mean that Chrome/Flash can't actually cause the BSOD but rather it may be caused by some issue outside of chrome/flash that could get triggered by chrome/flash.

Also in response to your last question, you don't need to download flash player separately if you only want to view flash in chrome.

Thanks, if I get it again I will try without google chrome and see how it likes it. Might be easier going back in store and see how they think about it. Only problem is its a 40 minute drive :/

cheeeers!

Tomm
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't think simply not using Google Chrome is a real solution to the problem. I'd make sure you are using the latest drivers for your hardware (esp. audio + graphics card). Don't use Windows Update for this either, visit the manufacturer's website for each device and download the drivers directly from there.

Thanks, I tried googling the error message and I couldn't find a lot, if it pops up again then I will probably try without google chrome on the PC to see how that happens but if it happens again after that I will try without the anti virus software. Then if not I'll take it back and see what they suggest.

Thanks, if I get it again I will try without google chrome and see how it likes it. Might be easier going back in store and see how they think about it. Only problem is its a 40 minute drive :/

cheeeers!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!