PDA

View Full Version : habbox group badges

geo
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
i know this wouldn't really be a priority right now (as there's loads of other stuff that should be improved at habbox (A)) but yeah, gonna point it out anyway.

you've made a competition about creating a new design for the habbox badge on habbo, but to me i think you should advertise it a little more anyway. hxhd could have some of those banners (if they fit in) to promote the group. i know it may seem silly, but i know some people do look at other peoples badges and join what they have, so this could just be a small way of promoting habbox. if you've got official events (made by like managers of hxhd) you could get the group gate and make people join it, i mean joining groups shouldn't be an issue anymore as there's such a high limit of groups you're allowed to join.

*not only that, but i think events organizers should put www.habbox.com (http://www.habbox.com) or www.habboxforum.com (http://www.habboxforum.com) (or both) in their group desc, small things like this could help habbox out a little just by making more people aware that habbox is around. :P i think there was a rule against group gates at one point, and them not being allowed, but right now i think you should allow users to promote their groups with a group gate (providing they've got habbox in the name too).

ok sorry if this seems pointless to you, but it could help a little. i know i've looked at some fansites because i've seen their badges and just wanted to check them out.

*i know most habbox eo's do put habbox in their groups, but i remember seeing a few without ok lol

sex
01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I actually suggest most of this too Matt last night :P cause i know 100% i always check peoples badges and join ones i like lol. I think Martin has gotten some banners for matt for the help desk and ill probably get some too for my event rooms when the badge changes. Cause if you look at other sites they have 10k+ in their groups and habbox just has 700-800 :(

geo
01-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I actually suggest most of this too Matt last night :P cause i know 100% i always check peoples badges and join ones i like lol. I think Martin has gotten some banners for matt for the help desk and ill probably get some too for my event rooms when the badge changes. Cause if you look at other sites they have 10k+ in their groups and habbox just has 700-800 :(

yeah, also other fansites eo's have a same design of badge, i know not everyone would agree on the design, but it does make them more recognizable.

xxMATTGxx
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah the whole badge design is basically kicking that off. Then we will move onto advertising and using it more and hopefully we will get more members to join the group and one of the steps to get the Habbox name out on Habbo more hopefully.

geo
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
i think something like this was said in another feedback thread but maybe you could talk to owners of popular rooms on habbo and try making them official, putting www.habbox.com in the group desc and possibly wired. official rooms were pretty good.

LiquidLuck.
01-11-2012, 09:13 PM
EO's put it in their room description or some stickies. We need to have our departments written in the motto, so some of us, like me, don't have more motto space. I do agree with the groups, instead of each EO having his group, there should be just ONE that all EOs should join.

geo
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
EO's put it in their room description or some stickies. We need to have our departments written in the motto, so some of us, like me, don't have more motto space. I do agree with the groups, instead of each EO having his group, there should be just ONE that all EOs should join.

With the groups for EO's I meant they all have the same sort of design. I think it's ThisHabbo and HFFM that most of their badges with the same sort of design. Although, it would be quite nice to make a events room that's free to use (for bans) saying that you're an EO.

Matt
02-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I think once the forums are returned this goal will be achieved and bring new people to Habbox. It makes it hard to advertise habbox when you get permed for saying a link so just making a badge at this moment in time wouldn't do a great deal. But as Matt said, this is kicking off the whole adverting campaign for habbox and when forums return, we will be able to communicate to people a lot better!

Txyla
02-11-2012, 11:26 AM
And EO's can have there own personal badge (furni) but instead of promoting there group they could promote Habbox instead of promoting personal groups?

geo
02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
And EO's can have there own personal badge (furni) but instead of promoting there group they could promote Habbox instead of promoting personal groups?

Trouble is with that is it's completely up to EO's about buying furni, and I'm sure it's better to buy prizes instead of group stuff. It depends on who it is, not everyone may have enough to buy the group furni. :P sux2suck

LiquidLuck.
02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
With the groups for EO's I meant they all have the same sort of design. I think it's ThisHabbo and HFFM that most of their badges with the same sort of design. Although, it would be quite nice to make a events room that's free to use (for bans) saying that you're an EO.

I think that with an events badge that was pretty much always updated saying the next events, more people might come.
About when you're banned, you can use other EO's rooms.

geo
02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I think that with an events badge that was pretty much always updated saying the next events, more people might come.
About when you're banned, you can use other EO's rooms.

yeah, i'm aware of using other eo's rooms, it's just one room/group saying "habbox eo" so only eo's can join it. :) it'd be effort updating a group each time an event is about to happen, and i doubt anyone would be online all the time to update it, haha. :P

LiquidLuck.
02-11-2012, 01:22 PM
yeah, i'm aware of using other eo's rooms, it's just one room/group saying "habbox eo" so only eo's can join it. :) it'd be effort updating a group each time an event is about to happen, and i doubt anyone would be online all the time to update it, haha. :P

But if they do it half of the time, it'd be good enough. Write down like to two/three next events for example.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!