PDA

View Full Version : iPad Mini Released in the UK!

Explorator
02-11-2012, 02:40 PM
As you may know, well you probably wouldn't know because apple have pretty much only released it today in the UK, the Apple iPad Mini has been released. I decided to hop to the shop and buy one. As i am a total apple fan boy I got one, today! I was rather lucky because i got the last one in stock and there was 40.

I don't really want to open mine until christmas, because then i've got something to look forward to.

Anyways, do you think apple are releasing too many products, and just going too far with all the apple stuff?

-Sam

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion' to here as more suited

GommeInc
02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I got an e-mail about it today. It seems like a wise choice given the growing popularity in smaller tablets. But I have read far too many criticisms on the iPad Mini. It's a scaled down iPad 2, and would of been more impressive had it been a scaled down iPad 3, so the display isn't too good and it's incredibly out of date compared to the Nexus 7.

But that aside, if people want a smaller iPad then might as well get this, you can't have anything else at least.

HotelUser
02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
In my opinion this device is a piece of crap and anyone would be much better off buying a nexus 7 if they want a cheap tablet.

peteyt
03-11-2012, 12:43 AM
As you may know, well you probably wouldn't know because apple have pretty much only released it today in the UK, the Apple iPad Mini has been released. I decided to hop to the shop and buy one. As i am a total apple fan boy I got one, today! I was rather lucky because i got the last one in stock and there was 40.

I don't really want to open mine until christmas, because then i've got something to look forward to.

Anyways, do you think apple are releasing too many products, and just going too far with all the apple stuff?

-Sam

I think apple is testing its fans. Many of us like to say apple has sheep who'll buy anything they put out but there are some that might question them if they go to mad - I mean an iPad 4 6 months after the 3rd and even less than 6 months in some countries, that's a little bit money grabbing in my opinion. It might be the same price which is a good thing I guess but to those who have recently bought the iPad 3, they will be angry that something higher specification wise has just been announced.

The iPad mini I'm disappointed about its pricing because it could have really challenged the market. If it had priced itself similar to its competition even if a little bit higher it would have gotten a far bigger audience in my opinion. But I think apple likes to overprice its products selling in a sense cheap stuff at a expensive rate.

Oh and changing the adapters seems like a way to make more money to - new products e.g. new speaker systems will be needed.

Stephen
03-11-2012, 12:44 AM
tbh even if the ipad mini's price was the same as the nexus 7 I wouldn't buy it

ios is too limited for my liking and jailbreaking really means what it says because I really feel like I'm in some tablet style prison using ios

Samantha
03-11-2012, 01:36 AM
See no point really, yeah they released it quick to be in with the competitors but if its not even as.good as the latest ipad what's the point. An iPad isn't something id take on a bus with me so I wouldn't need something portable from apple.

scottish
04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WmZZB.jpg

but yeah, won't be buying one rather get a nexus 7.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!