PDA

View Full Version : Good Projector.

iBlueBox
04-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, one of my presents for Christmas is turning the back room into like a movie room in the house and I need a decent / good projector that I'll be able to hook up my laptop and blu-ray player.

I have around £300 - £500ish to spend.

Any recommendations?

efq
04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Well, one of my presents for Christmas is turning the back room into like a movie room in the house and I need a decent / good projector that I'll be able to hook up my laptop and blu-ray player.

Any recommendations?
My family used this one as our first http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optoma-DW318-Projector-widescreen-Ready/dp/B00337CXVQ/ref=sr_1_86?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352045687&sr=1-86 (£395-£420) but we upgraded to a better one but it was more than double the price so that's out of your range?

But that one was amazing for us, and it's not like you need to turn the lights off or shut curtains most the time, it isn't necessary but obviously doing that would improve seeing it. But if you can get that, I would.

Chippiewill
09-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Any recommendations?
If you can find the money it really is worth spending more, cheap projectors will have a bad aspect ratio (i.e. square) and even if you find the resolution you're looking for it'll have bad colour, contrast, brightness etc.

iBlueBox
09-11-2012, 11:53 PM
If you can find the money it really is worth spending more, cheap projectors will have a bad aspect ratio (i.e. square) and even if you find the resolution you're looking for it'll have bad colour, contrast, brightness etc.

I can easily find the money, as long as its not over £1000.

efq
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
In that case, I would get the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!