PDA

View Full Version : Nasa - The Great Moon Landing Hoax.

Explorator
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey, Earlier today, i was watching a documentary on the first man moon landing. It was saying how it's not possible, because of a few ways, and they did have quite a bit of evidence for it to be staged in a studio. Personally i don't think this theory is true, and there is plenty of counter-evidence for it. It actually intrigued me quite a bit so i decided to go to google. This webpage is something from 2001, but it still has lots of information about it, if you want to read it. Click Here (http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast23feb_2/)

But anyways, apparently in the US, there is many people who don't believe in the moon landing because they think that the technology in 1696 was too prehistoric to get to our near neighbor. What do you think? Could Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon be only the steps on some studio sand? At the end of the day, wouldn't it be easier to build a rocket and go to the moon instead of spending years staging it? (pun)

What do you think?

-Sam

xxMATTGxx
10-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I do believe NASA went to the moon and that Neil and Buzz did actually land and walk on it. I don't see why they would lie about it.

They could go and do it right now if they wanted to but they've already done it. Although I do believe NASA are thinking about going back to the moon and even setting up a base as a "stepping stone" to other parts of space.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/9/3620540/nasa-resolve-moon-2017-obama-approve-l2-manned-space-station

tm
10-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I thought people who thought the moon landings were a hoax got left in the last decade, at least they should have been. Do these same people think electricity is a magic trick and that witches exist? There's overwhelming and indisputable* evidence we went to the moon as well as the personal reports and experiences of those who were actually there. All of the so-called 'proof' that it was a hoax has already been discredited, and any that hasn't been made up yet will be too.

* Some people will dispute anything, no matter how indisputable for a variety of reasons. They should get help from a psychiatrist.

-:Undertaker:-
10-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't see why they would lie about it.

The Cold War.

But my personal opinion, it probably happened.

Kardan
10-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, if the moon landing happened in 1696, like you say in your original post, then it probably was fake!

I reckon it happened, there's enough evidence to disprove each theory.

Stephen!
10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
The Myth busters episode explains all. Wasn't a hoax.

Zak
11-11-2012, 12:43 AM
It just wasn't a hoax was it.

People can come up with conspiracies all they want, like who shot JFK? Lets face it, it was lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald. Whether there were underlying mafia reasons as to why he did it now that's another matter.

The US government would have no reason to lie about it to be honest.. and if it wasn't real, major leaks would have emerged by now.

Chippiewill
11-11-2012, 12:49 AM
It wasn't a hoax and this is what I say to people who believe otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcrkxOgzhU

-:Undertaker:-
11-11-2012, 01:00 AM
The US government would have no reason to lie about it to be honest..

The Cold War.

Seikou
11-11-2012, 09:42 AM
i really don't believe it was a hoax, would be pretty dissapointing if it was

Zak
11-11-2012, 11:44 AM
The Cold War.

Please enlighten me as to why landing on the moon would have an effect on the cold war

xxMATTGxx
11-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Edit: Ignore this.

Explorator
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Please enlighten me as to why landing on the moon would have an effect on the cold war

The cold war was Russia vs the United States of america to get into space, or be the most advanced in space travel. It wasn't really a war, but people from russia and america were fighting to get somewhere first. Russia was the first into space, but america wanted to be first to the moon, Russia had a challenge then.

Lewis
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
The cold war was Russia vs the United States of america to get into space, or be the most advanced in space travel. It wasn't really a war, but people from russia and america were fighting to get somewhere first. Russia was the first into space, but america wanted to be first to the moon, Russia had a challenge then.

and here was me thinking the cold war was something to do in the 1500's or something :(!!!

Zak
12-11-2012, 01:49 AM

I know what the cold war was

But to get one over on Russia isn't really a reason to hoax such a project in which hundreds would have to participate.

That must mean all the moon landings after 1969 were hoaxes too.. :rolleyes:

Catchy
12-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Well, if the moon landing happened in 1696, like you say in your original post, then it probably was fake!

I reckon it happened, there's enough evidence to disprove each theory.

Omg cracking up!! On topic: I believe it was real. Don't see why they would lie so yeah.

Grimmauld
15-11-2012, 03:24 AM
i believe it did happen and that it was a very important event in history. like TM said, there are just some people who will argue about everything. for instance, people who refuse to acknowledge that the holocaust happened...

peteyt
17-11-2012, 11:56 AM
The problem is people can see a conspiracy in everything. I know someone who is big on them and the problem is I find a lot of people like this person can make a lot of so called facts based on assumptions. It's like the whole bin laden thing - they didn't show him when they killed him so it had to be a lie, but if they'd showed him then it would have been fake or something - the problem is these people are never happy.

I do believe that yes that the government and people lie as proved in the past and I try to look at things with an open mind but I don't like to fully decide on stuff without really knowing.

Gibs960
17-11-2012, 02:54 PM
There probably are reasons that the Americans could fake it, but even if it was fake; none of them would ever admit it.

BreakfastBacon
20-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I have completely flipped off the moon since i came up with dreams of NASA building mars bases for us to live in if something goes wrong :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!