PDA

View Full Version : Christmas VIP Charity Final Poll

xxMATTGxx
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/christmas2011/hxf-logo.png

Thanks to everyone who voted in the first poll - We did say we was going to short list it so we would then have a better idea of the chosen charity Habbox would be supporting this year. So we have decided to take the top 5 from the poll and put them in one last final round.

Please vote for the charity YOU think Habbox should support this year in the sale of VIP starting next month.

We have decided to take the top 5 from the previous poll and put them in a final poll to get a clear winner.

Name

Description

Depression Alliance (www.depressionalliance.org)
We work to relieve and to prevent this treatable condition by providing information and support services.

Dogs Trust (http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/)
Founded in 1891, Dogs Trust (formerly the National Canine Defence League) is the largest dog welfare charity in the UK. Our mission is to bring about the day when all dogs can enjoy a happy life, free from the threat of unnecessary destruction.

Balls to Cancer (http://ballstocancer.co.uk/)
We are raising funds for male cancer awareness and research. Our aim is threefold, firstly we want to open a male only contact point for men and boys who have been diagnosed with cancer and their families, we also want to fund a education programme for teenagers to help them understand and take away the taboo of talking about testicular cancer and asking for help, and thirdly we want to fund research into treatments and ultimately a cure for this horrible disease, we will be talking to Oncologists and hospitals to ascertain which laboratories are the ones we should be funding.

Young Minds (http://www.youngminds.org.uk/)
YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people. Driven by their experiences we campaign, research and influence policy and practice.

We also provide expert knowledge to professionals, parents and young people through our Parents' Helpline, online resources, training and development, outreach work and publications.

Save the children (http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/)

- We're treating malnourished children affected by the food crisis in west Africa.
- We're helping poorer children in the UK do better at school.
- In countries such as Sierra Leone, we are building stronger health systems.

Note:

We have decided to remove "American Foundation for Suicide Prevention" from this poll after some research. We apologise for this mistake and it should have took place before being entered in the first poll.

Red
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
depression alliance!!!!! please vote everyone x

FlyingJesus
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Voted for Depression Alliance :) anyone caught voting for Dog's Trust will be getting a bucketload of -rep not even kidding you're a total wrong'n if you pull that kind of crap

Absently
11-11-2012, 11:38 PM
went for depression alliance, deffo best option :)

MKR&*42
11-11-2012, 11:40 PM
i voted for young minds :P

David
11-11-2012, 11:40 PM
balls to cancer i guess, i don't support the other ones.
what was the reason for the suicide one being removed?

xxMATTGxx
11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Save the children has been added - Forgot to add that.

Hollie
11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
voted for depression alliance :)

MKR&*42
11-11-2012, 11:43 PM
On a side note, I thought it was called American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I tried finding their site myself a while ago and could only locate a US based one.

Shame it was removed.

SackRace
11-11-2012, 11:44 PM
balls to cancer, hope its not bloomin dogs trust

FlyingJesus
11-11-2012, 11:46 PM
what was the reason for the suicide one being removed?

It was a US-only charity with a board of directors 43 people long, so not only was it not going to be of any personal issue to anyone here other than Rosy but the money would probably never see the actual cause anyway

Chris
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Voted Depression Alliance :)

sex
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
voted for depression, dogs trust should not be there lol

Sloths
11-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Voted for Depression Alliance :)

Andii
12-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Voted for Depression Alliance :) anyone caught voting for Dog's Trust will be getting a bucketload of -rep not even kidding you're a total wrong'n if you pull that kind of crap

100% agree with you

voted depression as we should be donating to helping other teenagers and family's that have or know anyone that suffers from it, instead of wasting a great cause to some animals ( which people say deserve rights, I reply where is the chicken or fish rights??)

why is dogs trust even there????

xxMATTGxx
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
100% agree with you

voted depression as we should be donating to helping other teenagers and family's that have or know anyone that suffers from it, instead of wasting a great cause to some animals ( which people say deserve rights, I reply where is the chicken or fish rights??)

Because it had a lot of votes in the poll. Can't just not put into a poll because so many users disagree with it - It did get votes at the end of the day.

Andii
12-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Because it had a lot of votes in the poll. Can't just not put into a poll because so many users disagree with it - It did get votes at the end of the day.

Lol yea but it's like not even a decent charity, might aswell jst throw the money on the ground in the street. Charties like the dogs trust already have thousands of people out standing collecting money, I see them in te shops all the time they tricked y friend into paying £2 a month for sponcering a dog and she never even wanted to, they are a disgrace (my personal opinion) after what they did to my friend. If it is chosen please give all the names who voted it so I can -rep flat out

xxMATTGxx
12-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Lol yea but it's like not even a decent charity, might aswell jst throw the money on the ground in the street. Charties like the dogs trust already have thousands of people out standing collecting money, I see them in te shops all the time they tricked y friend into paying £2 a month for sponcering a dog and she never even wanted to, they are a disgrace (my personal opinion) after what they did to my friend. If it is chosen please give all the names who voted it so I can -rep flat out

As Will said in the other thread:

It isn't Matt's or your job to determine what is and what isn't a worthy charity. It has and will I imagine be put to a popular vote.

God
12-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Dogs Trust all the way bby

MONEYMAGIC
12-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Voted for Young Minds.

buttons
12-11-2012, 05:25 AM
depression alliance!!!!! please vote everyone x

went for depression alliance, deffo best option :)

100% agree with you

same here. I swear ill lose respect for anyone who does vote dogs trust but meh, please think about it. everyone's entitled to their opinion but there is plenty of chances for animal chances while mental health ones are still to this day looked down upon :(

KymKo
12-11-2012, 07:16 AM
DOGS TRUST!!!!

Aiden
12-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Dogs Trust :/ I was just scrolling down Facebook and seen this picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s480x480/406943_402037329866896_369729942_n.jpg

Swearwolf
12-11-2012, 09:54 AM
dogs trust shouldn't be there....

voted for balls to cancer.

scottish
12-11-2012, 10:02 AM
voted depression alliance, but yeah -rep

LiquidLuck.
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
same here. I swear ill lose respect for anyone who does vote dogs trust but meh, please think about it. everyone's entitled to their opinion but there is plenty of chances for animal chances while mental health ones are still to this day looked down upon :(

I agree. -.- How does dog trust even got so many votes tbh?
Voted balls to cancer because male cancer should have as much awareness as female one.

CrazyLemurs
12-11-2012, 01:31 PM
As much as abandoned dogs might make you upset (I mean, they're flipping adorable animals) I don't think it's better than supporting a charity that deals with human suffering.
However, -repping somebody for voting for Dogs Trust seems a little far; it's just their opinion and clearly they value the life of a dog than they value the life of a person.

Aaron
12-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Voted Depression Alliance, hopefully they're the chosen charity this year! :)

dirrty
12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
i'll forever value an animals life, but never, never over a humans life. of course it's quite sad when animals die under vicious circumstances, but human life is just far more sacred. one has relatives, friends and emotional bonds with others that can be completely torn apart because of mental illnesses, death, abuse, etc. the fact of the matter is that an issue with an individual doesn't just affect that said person, but also every single person who is connected to that person, which can trigger problems with those people which could turn into a never-ending cycle if the necessary support isn't there.

plus, i think it's even more important to vote for a charity that focuses on people, especially because it's for christmas. a time where not everyone has families and friends to be with. a time where ones depressive state could manifest further (obviously talking on broader terms), or where children around the world don't have the quality of life we have. or the possibility of a family member dying around christmas time, forever cementing that moment into family and friends minds every year around a festive time. if someone thinks a dog is more important than all of that, then there's not much else to be said.

anyway, you can tell i'm trying to avoid doing my dissertation literature review can't ya

Andii
12-11-2012, 02:42 PM
i'll forever value an animals life, but never, never over a humans life. of course it's quite sad when animals die under vicious circumstances, but human life is just far more sacred. one has relatives, friends and emotional bonds with others that can be completely torn apart because of mental illnesses, death, abuse, etc. the fact of the matter is that an issue with an individual doesn't just affect that said person, but also every single person who is connected to that person, which can trigger problems with those people which could turn into a never-ending cycle if the necessary support isn't there.

plus, i think it's even more important to vote for a charity that focuses on people, especially because it's for christmas. a time where not everyone has families and friends to be with. a time where ones depressive state could manifest further (obviously talking on broader terms), or where children around the world don't have the quality of life we have. or the possibility of a family member dying around christmas time, forever cementing that moment into family and friends minds every year around a festive time. if someone thinks a dog is more important than all of that, then there's not much else to be said.

anyway, you can tell i'm trying to avoid doing my dissertation literature review can't ya

Great post an agree so much,

one thing that bugs me is people are like aww we are all for saving animals, yet you ask them are they a vegetarian and they say no, I don't get how you can be all for saving animals and yet eat them at the same time, it seems so hypocritical. When there's a charity for saving chickens fish and farm animals then I might think about donating money to animal charities,

humans should always come first in my opinion over an animal every time, yea it's sad if a animal died but who's actually affected by it?? No one whereas is a person dies their family are ripped apart and saddened.

Cerys
12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Depression Alliance c:

Imo, dogs trust get enough funding anyway. I mean, the amount of people that will be drawn in by that upsetting advert they broadcast every 30minutes is unbelieveable

yea it's sad if a animal died but who's actually affected by it?? No one whereas is a person dies their family are ripped apart and saddened.

This is the only thing I disagree with. If I lost my Paddy, I'd be just as upset as if a human died. That probably sounds pathetic that I love my dog as much as my mum, but when you have such a strong bond.. D;

Richie
12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
balls to cancer!

Kardan
12-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Personally I would donate to an animal charty over a depression charity because it has more relevence to me, and I'd expect that many more people would choose a depression charity over an animal charity as a lot more people are affected by depression - but I don't understand the hatred over people picking Dogs Trust.

Anyways, I picked Balls to Cancer :)

Shar
12-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Voted for depression alliance

Jurv
12-11-2012, 07:49 PM
voted balls to cancer.

karter
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
depression alliance it is. kinda sad that aid for africa did not end up here:(

Jazz
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
voted for depression alliance :]

its so relevant to me and my whole family as the most of us suffer from it on some degree.

Stephen
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
depression alliance it is. kinda sad that aid for africa did not end up here:(

africans can get lost

should be a charity for our country not for some foreigners

rawr :@

Jack!
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Well it would appear HxF hate dogs.

What about work they do with Guide dogs, Dogs that help, Dogs are great companions and it looks like none of you seem to understand that..

On a side note, you can assume my vote.

Andii
12-11-2012, 10:36 PM

What about work they do with Guide dogs, Dogs that help, Dogs are great companions and it looks like none of you seem to understand that..

Lol there's a charity for guide dogs and it's not dogs trust, yea it would be a total different story if it was about guide dogs but no one nominated them.

Jack!
12-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Lol there's a charity for guide dogs and it's not dogs trust, yea it would be a total different story if it was about guide dogs but no one nominated them.

Dogs Trust, they do a lot more then you think.

FlyingJesus
12-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Dogs Trust, they do a lot more for non-human suffering then you think.

Made an important amendment to your statement. No-one's suggesting that dogs are pointless creatures that we should treat as vermin, we're saying that it's utterly horrific to place more importance on a dog's potential hunger than the misery of the entire human condition

dirrty
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM

no ones said they hate dogs...

Jack!
12-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Made an important amendment to your statement. No-one's suggesting that dogs are pointless creatures that we should treat as vermin, we're saying that it's utterly horrific to place more importance on a dog's potential hunger than the misery of the entire human condition

I was only saying as I don't believe there has ever been an animal charity chosen for HxF (If so not for a few years.)

Circadia
13-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I voted Young Minds because it focuses on different issues to do with some young people rather than just mainly focused on lets say depression or suicide prevention so more people can benefit from the money raised

efq
13-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Depression Alliance is who I have supported :)

Sharon
13-11-2012, 05:52 PM
if you actually value an animal's life over a human's then please re-think your morals! personally i went for young minds but i'd like to see either young minds or depression alliance win

don't see why you'd vote for the dog one considering the other options, -rep (not rly lol don't attack me)

lawrawrrr
13-11-2012, 06:02 PM
For everyone being rude about Dogs Trust, people are entitled to their opinion. People are also more likely to vote for something that's affected them, or avoid certain charities (the latter is how I made my decision this year), and if they have had a dog die or are just massive dog fans then I think they are more likely to vote for that charity. They're perfectly within their right to do so, it's a charity just like any other. They help sick, dying animals, and either give them a home or treat them humanely (in centres or even putting them down).

@Andii (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68225);, your comment about who is upset if a dog dies is rather upsetting to me. My dog died recently, as did two of my closest friend's, and each of us feel as if we've lost a sibling. Dogs do become part of your family, just like any other person, and at the end of the day, a life is a life, whether it be canine or human.

Andii
13-11-2012, 06:12 PM
For everyone being rude about Dogs Trust, people are entitled to their opinion. People are also more likely to vote for something that's affected them, or avoid certain charities (the latter is how I made my decision this year), and if they have had a dog die or are just massive dog fans then I think they are more likely to vote for that charity. They're perfectly within their right to do so, it's a charity just like any other. They help sick, dying animals, and either give them a home or treat them humanely (in centres or even putting them down).

@Andii (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68225);, your comment about who is upset if a dog dies is rather upsetting to me. My dog died recently, as did two of my closest friend's, and each of us feel as if we've lost a sibling. Dogs do become part of your family, just like any other person, and at the end of the day, a life is a life, whether it be canine or human.

Sorry then. no one gives a crap about all the chickens that are apart of someones family that are taken and killed for people to eat?? or even fish why should dogs be different what about animals that you kill yourself such as spiders??? wheres their rights????

lawrawrrr
13-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Sorry then. no one gives a crap about all the chickens that are apart of someones family that are taken and killed for people to eat?? or even fish why should dogs be different what about animals that you kill yourself such as spiders??? wheres their rights????

Because chickens aren't domesticated pets, all animals that are bred for food aren't kept as pets. Although there are plenty of charities that support the rights of 1) farm animals and 2) animals bred for food, so they are treated in a humane manner. I don't kill spiders, but there aren't charities for them (once again) because they aren't common, domesticated, loving pets.

Andii
13-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Because chickens aren't domesticated pets, all animals that are bred for food aren't kept as pets. Although there are plenty of charities that support the rights of 1) farm animals and 2) animals bred for food, so they are treated in a humane manner. I don't kill spiders, but there aren't charities for them (once again) because they aren't common, domesticated, loving pets.

maybe people like eating dogs aswell lol :)

and who is the people who decides what is a domesticated loving pet?? i remember reading something online about a woman who had a pet chicken and trained it well.

lawrawrrr
13-11-2012, 06:23 PM
maybe people like eating dogs aswell lol :)

and who is the people who decides what is a domesticated loving pet?? i remember reading something online about a woman who had a pet chicken and trained it well.

Yes but it's illegal....

Domesticated means that they have lost their wild instincts. It's extremely uncommon for a chicken to be domesticated, and that's why there are no charities supporting them.

Tomm
13-11-2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

Yes but it's illegal....

Domesticated means that they have lost their wild instincts. It's extremely uncommon for a chicken to be domesticated, and that's why there are no charities supporting them.

lawrawrrr
13-11-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

That's for the support of animals who are bred for food, which I commented on in my previous post.

There aren't charities for DOMESTICATED chickens (aka pets)

Casanova
13-11-2012, 07:20 PM
DON'T VOTE FOR ANIMAL CHARITIES.
Charity donations are down 1.7bil this year, our economy is on it's arse and government funding is drastically down for charities.

Why not select a human charity, after all there's 3x the animal charities to the charities for disabled.

God
13-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow Had 2 green rep blocks when I first posted in here now down to one since I said I voted for Dogs Trust. Guys I didnt vote dor them I voted for balls to cancer.... and everyone who -reped me and there was alot [39 to be exacte.... Lost almost 150 rep thanks guys!!!!

..::Luna::..
13-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Don't know any of these charities personally because I live in Canada. Picked one at random. D:

God
13-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Wow Had 2 green rep blocks when I first posted in here now down to one since I said I voted for Dogs Trust. Guys I didnt vote dor them I voted for balls to cancer.... and everyone who -reped me and there was alot [39 to be exacte.... Lost almost 150 rep thanks guys!!!!

Omg can people stop hating me... got 2 + reps thanks to them 2 people but I also got 5 more -reps like really people. IM NOT BEGGING FOR REPS IM JUST STATING HOW RUDE YOU GUYS ARE TO ME!.

geo
13-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Went for depression alliance, idk i just think it'd be great to be donating to something like that. :P really support it and stuf ye

Andii
14-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Omg can people stop hating me... got 2 + reps thanks to them 2 people but I also got 5 more -reps like really people. IM NOT BEGGING FOR REPS IM JUST STATING HOW RUDE YOU GUYS ARE TO ME!.

You do know your not allowed to talk about rep on the forum and also post pointless non related comments in certain threads???

Wish you could vote more than one tbh ;)

MyNamesAbbey
14-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I voted for depression as it is sooo common and when you have it you seriously feel so low and I think a lot of people can relate to it!

Corina35
14-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I have voted but no matter which one is chosen it will be going to a good cause.

Nooses
15-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Depression alliance definitely. ♥ Stay strong.

karter
15-11-2012, 06:52 AM
africans can get lost

should be a charity for our country not for some foreigners

rawr :@

bbut...aid for africa also focuses on arts and culture and wildlife conservation and protection besides helping africans :blue_sad

KymKo
16-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Bless people who hate dogs trust LOl

Empired
16-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Voted Depression Alliance as it seems so much closer to home, especially for lots of people using HxF :L

Shockwave.2CC
16-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I wanted NSPCC, But Dogs Trust will have to do

Gibs960
16-11-2012, 09:56 PM
People are open to their opinion, just because I feel strongly about cancer charities because my Auntie died of Cancer and so did a friend of mine, doesn't mean that everyone does. I'm not gonna judge somebody because they think animal charities are just as important.

KymKo
16-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Depression Alliance are the winners!

BreakfastBacon
20-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I voted balls to cancer

jackass
20-11-2012, 11:02 PM
All Charities are well deserving of the money, however for me it just had to be the Depression Alliance.

So glad that I suggested this charity in the first thread. Very happy to see that the money will be going to such a good cause!

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=761675&p=7730242#post7730242

sammy
21-11-2012, 10:53 PM
very glad depression alliance seems to have won, would've voted that if i'd seen the poll

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!