PDA

View Full Version : [NSFW] Images from Syria

xxMATTGxx
13-11-2012, 01:10 AM
WARNING

These images are NOT SAFE FOR WORK - BLOOD/GORE ARE IN THESE IMAGES. YOU CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I didn't really want to post this in currant affairs as I don't really want to make it all "Politics" and blah blah. But thought I would share these images. These images are from Syria according to the website and so on. They are quite shocking/disturbing and also quite sick.

Final Warning:

These images are not suitable for work - They do contain a lot of blood/gore and death.

http://ir-ingr.livejournal.com/1185799.html

efq
13-11-2012, 01:24 AM
I can't even bring myself to click the spoiler as I know it will be something that will make my heart sink and I won't forget it :(

But by the way you've described it, it makes me sad that we still have this going on in our world :(

dirrty
13-11-2012, 01:31 AM
the picture with the mother holding her toddler... :cry:

Stephen
13-11-2012, 01:40 AM
why are you allowed to post links like that but if a normal forum member did it they'd get an infraction and a pm telling them how sick they are for posting links to such gory images on a forum which is used by young teenagers

Edited by Samm (Forum Moderator): Please keep to the topic. If you have a problem with a particular member of staff, please take it up with their senior.
The reason spoilers are there is to give you an option to view it or not, ultimately it is your decision if you decide to open the spoiler.

Rozi
13-11-2012, 02:08 AM
forced myself to click the link and I urge everyone else to do so. Sometimes you need to step outside your comfort zone, although you might think you know sufficient information about something, the truth of it will never hit home until you allow yourself to understand.

I'm off to educate myself far more about Syria and for a cry.

efq
13-11-2012, 02:31 AM
forced myself to click the link and I urge everyone else to do so. Sometimes you need to step outside your comfort zone, although you might think you know sufficient information about something, the truth of it will never hit home until you allow yourself to understand.

I'm off to educate myself far more about Syria and for a cry.When I read it originally, I thought the same thing but I remember seeing something similar a few months ago and it made me feel so sick. I can't face seeing something else but I understand where you're coming from. You need to view it so you know the full extent of what is going on in the world and let reality hit that your problems are nothing compared to people's lives out there.

-:Undertaker:-
13-11-2012, 03:44 AM
I always make sure I see images of conflicts, it brings home what a war is and what it means - really adds a better perspective to the reality of war rather than simply sitting behind a computer screen and advocating, as so many do, that we send British men and women to these places - that's why I always ask myself would I be prepared to go and die in such a conflict to determine whether or not I truly believe we should be there.

Good find anyway, much better quality than usual.

Eric
13-11-2012, 05:45 AM
perfectly illustrate the civil war. hope something will be done to stop this bloodshed and bring this war to an end.

Cerys
13-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Ok I can't bring myself to look at the images, as I know I'll regret doing so.

I don't really understand what is going on is Syria so I can't comment much, but I promise to educate myself on it c:
There's no need to shed blood. Yes, there may be a reason for it*, but bloodshed isn't always the answer.

*I think?

geo
13-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Actually looked at them all, oh my. :( The ones showing people helping others out really hurt, and yeah I cried a little. Think it's pretty good to take a look at them and allow yourself to know more about what's going on. :(

Succubus
13-11-2012, 07:52 PM
These were really hard to look at, especially the toddler and the mum.
Some of these images are really sick and very sad as well.

Lee
13-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Shocking photographs, it is saddening how bad things are in Syria.

Zak
14-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Poor old Syria... they can never seem to get away from conflict it seems :(

IceNineKills
14-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Not really sure why you bothered posting this. Personally, stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to be posted on the forum, even in spoiler tags. Posting these images isn't going to change a thing. Just making people a little upset about what goes on in Syria but nothing is going to change.

Personally, I would of posted less pictures and more information about the situation and links to helping websites and charities. Not just a couple of pictures so people from the forum will feel the slightest of upset and move to another thread.

DPS
14-11-2012, 05:19 PM
You guys can -rep me idc..

I dont find the pictures that shocking, nore did they make me feel sick or sad in anyway.

More thinking how did the camra even get these pics.. or why did he take them.

RyRy
14-11-2012, 05:31 PM

I dont find the pictures that shocking, nore did they make me feel sick or sad in anyway.

I'm on kind of the same wavelength man, I mean it must be terrible for the people who are involved in that and I mean my heart goes out to them and everything. It's sad that it's happening right now and nobody is doing much about it.

xxMATTGxx
14-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Not really sure why you bothered posting this. Personally, stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to be posted on the forum, even in spoiler tags. Posting these images isn't going to change a thing. Just making people a little upset about what goes on in Syria but nothing is going to change.

Personally, I would of posted less pictures and more information about the situation and links to helping websites and charities. Not just a couple of pictures so people from the forum will feel the slightest of upset and move to another thread.

A forum is to discuss and share content which is what I wanted to do. I also haven't read up fully about the whole situation and me posting to do so would probably mean the facts wouldn't be correct. It doesn't stop anyone else from posting a thread about it though, I seen the link on twitter and I thought I would share them.

I don't post to try and change the fact that it's happening the world. Surely me posting it is making more people aware of what is actually going on in the country as well? It seems it also got some of the users who replied in this thread to look it up.

I did wonder the same about the camera situation.

Jazz
15-11-2012, 02:03 PM

my thoughts exactly, I dont understand how a person can just be a bystander and take pictures of dead or dying people, or those who need urgent help and attention.. its disgusting..

BreakfastBacon
21-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Scary stuff going on in the world while were here. I'm glad he uploaded these so we can see what is going on in the world. I'm not sure how that photographer was able to photoshhot a guy being shot, falling to ground then the killers looking over him. Maybe he was with the killers?

---------- Post added 21-11-2012 at 07:57 PM ----------

They take them to show whats going on i think but not sure why they just let it happen i've aw another thing like this i won't name it's something i wish i didn't see and i try to avoid but yes, i think they are jsut trying to show what is going on

HotelUser
21-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I always make sure I see images of conflicts, it brings home what a war is and what it means - really adds a better perspective to the reality of war rather than simply sitting behind a computer screen and advocating, as so many do, that we send British men and women to these places - that's why I always ask myself would I be prepared to go and die in such a conflict to determine whether or not I truly believe we should be there.

Good find anyway, much better quality than usual.

I agree with everything you've said (and what's more even seeing the pictures only begins to paint a picture as to how brave our men and woman are who go into situations like this).

Although, based on your usual political positions I would wager that you're probably into non-intervention, so I would have suspected that you'd want to avoid being there altogether.

Nick.
23-11-2012, 03:08 AM
?? just pictures of war... i was scrolling down waiting for it to get worse but they were all just of men with guns and the odd victim.

xxMATTGxx
23-11-2012, 03:27 AM
?? just pictures of war... i was scrolling down waiting for it to get worse but they were all just of men with guns and the odd victim.

I'm not quite sure what you was expecting to be honest with you.

Nick.
23-11-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm not quite sure what you was expecting to be honest with you.
blood and gore...

karter
23-11-2012, 06:52 AM
ugh the picture where they put a bullet in the man's head and one of the shooters has a grin on his face. that is making me really sick. I really don't know what else to day. Ah and I really liked this photo, gives a big message

(its not blood/gore/anything so you can see it)

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6618/20682809.2a6/0_9606d_a106512d_XL.jpg

xxMATTGxx
23-11-2012, 11:25 AM
blood and gore...

Might want to get your eyes checked out because there is blood on the pictures. Maybe not extreme where the whole picture is covered in blood but if that's all you want to see than you may want to Google blood :P

buttons
23-11-2012, 11:37 AM
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6615/20682809.2a6/0_96078_56e8e56c_XL.jpg

im loving this picture

and yeah im with the people talking about the guy taking the pictures, obviously he can't help but yeah curious as to how he's so close and still alive.. :P
also this picture
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6414/20682809.2a6/0_9607e_16bd126d_XL.jpg
how could u live with yourself knowing someone who is terrified and in danger saw you, saw you taking pictures. maybe thats just me though

Nick.
23-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Might want to get your eyes checked out because there is blood on the pictures. Maybe not extreme where the whole picture is covered in blood but if that's all you want to see than you may want to Google blood :P

*googles blood*

Edited by :odey: (Forum Moderator) Please don't Pointless Post!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!