PDA

View Full Version : disclaimer changes

Richie
16-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Now that sulake told us straight out that they practically don't give a ****e about fansites can't habbox remove donator and start selling vip again?

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Now that sulake told us straight out that they practically don't give a ****e about fansites can't habbox remove donator and start selling vip again?

We're still a fansite and still have have a policy/rules to follow.

Richie
16-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Why though? there isn't official fansites anymore is there? isn't that the only reason why we said how high when they asked us to jump?

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Why though? there isn't official fansites anymore is there? isn't that the only reason why we said how high when they asked us to jump?

Well if that was the case we wouldn't have threads or articles that are saying Habbo is bad, Staff are crap and so on. VIP is an issue that occurred a long time ago and we contacted them within the past 3-5 months about the issue and we still got told we couldn't do it.

Technically it's been that long I do wonder if there is even a point to still question it and just keep the Donator and VIP system as it is. As that way people still would want VIP for those tiny additional features. Unless we can get the permission to be able to do it and then think about new features? But there isn't a huge lot we can give usergroups to be fair :P

David
16-11-2012, 04:58 PM
selling vip again would remove the attraction of it if you ask me, everyone will buy it and the features won't be exclusive. also what else will be given as prizes? not everyone plays habbo and won't want credits.

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 04:59 PM
To be fair the whole dislciamer hasn't really changed that much as it still mentions the key parts:

Old:

Habbo®, Habbo Hotel®, Sulake and associated logos are trademarks of Sulake Group. All rights reserved. Copyright, trademarks and other rights in the material from Habbo Hotel® and other services of Sulake Group on this website are owned by Sulake Group. All rights reserved.

This website is neither owned nor operated by Sulake Group and it is not part of Habbo Hotel® or any other service or website owned or operated by Sulake Group. Sulake Group are not responsible for any content on this website and the views and opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the views and opinions of Sulake Group.

New:

Habbox is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Sulake Corporation Oy or its Affiliates. Habbox may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Habbo, which is permitted under Habbo Fan Site Policy.

But according to the fansite policy we must display the one above on each page of our fansite.

Richie
16-11-2012, 04:59 PM
We're still a fansite and still have have a policy/rules to follow.

Habbox is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Sulake Corporation Oy or its Affiliates. Habbox may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Habbo, which is permitted under Habbo Fan Site Policy.

If habbox isn't even approved by sulake why are they dishing out rules? They're telling us habbox isn't approved by sulake yet they're giving us rules, so they have either 1) Lied in the statement above or 2) Don't actually give a crap.

Doesn't make sense.

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 05:00 PM
If habbox isn't even approved by sulake why are they dishing out rules? They're telling us habbox isn't approved by sulake yet they're giving us rules, so they have either 1) Lied in the statement above or 2) Don't actually give a crap.

If we didn't accept the policy we would have a harder time on Habbo itself. If you remember being banned for advertising Habbox and then we wasn't on the list. It would take longer to get unbanned most likely.

Richie
16-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I understand now. They give us rules for something they don't APPROVE of and we say alright. I understand were you're coming from but why the hell are they handing out rules if they don't approve of the fansite? If it doesn't make sense don't just nod ask in a response.

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I understand now. They give us rules for something they don't APPROVE of and we say alright. I understand were you're coming from but why the hell are they handing out rules if they don't approve of the fansite?

It's to cover their backs to be honest. Not about hating fansites full on. Habbox doesn't have anything to worry about.

Chippiewill
16-11-2012, 05:52 PM
The ball is in sulake's court, Habbox is not in a position to take control and do what it wants.

David
16-11-2012, 06:46 PM
But there isn't a huge lot we can give usergroups to be fair :P

message tracking (A)?

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 06:48 PM
message tracking (A)?

I wouldn't call that anything special haha.

David
16-11-2012, 06:49 PM

should give it to everyone then :O mods arent special

GommeInc
18-11-2012, 01:52 AM
It's sort of common sense that Habbox and Habbo are not the same thing. This new disclaimer is, if anything, a standard usage of trademarks agreement which technically does not need to be mentioned as they're both different entities and it's blatantly obvious even for an idiot that Habbox isn't calling itself Habbo and it all falls under fair use in the US and most civilised societies. Habbo are probably thinking themselves higher than they actually are, but then again Habbo is a company running 100mph on a very short pier and are finding themselves 1 foot away from the end and are only now beginning to think about slowing down when it's all too late.

Unfortunately, Habbo are so anti-social that it's best to play their game as they have the power to attack the very people who promote the ridiculous company and all that stand for it, even though the motives of the fansites using the names and material are fair.

It's quite common these days as a special feature :P Heck, it's becoming a standard feature for everyone these days with Facebook implementing it in chat (and possibly messages).

HotelUser
18-11-2012, 02:40 PM
I understand now. They give us rules for something they don't APPROVE of and we say alright. I understand were you're coming from but why the hell are they handing out rules if they don't approve of the fansite? If it doesn't make sense don't just nod ask in a response.

No matter what, at the end of the day Sulake is the big company with lawyers and if Habbox doesn't jump when they say to jump they can threaten Habbox by demanding that Habbox remove all copyrighted Sulake material (which would completely devastate the fansite). It's unfortunate but there's not much Habbox can do. Sulake have liked to keep Habbox on a short leash for quite some time now.

xxMATTGxx
18-11-2012, 02:48 PM
It's sort of common sense that Habbox and Habbo are not the same thing. This new disclaimer is, if anything, a standard usage of trademarks agreement which technically does not need to be mentioned as they're both different entities and it's blatantly obvious even for an idiot that Habbox isn't calling itself Habbo and it all falls under fair use in the US and most civilised societies. Habbo are probably thinking themselves higher than they actually are, but then again Habbo is a company running 100mph on a very short pier and are finding themselves 1 foot away from the end and are only now beginning to think about slowing down when it's all too late.

Unfortunately, Habbo are so anti-social that it's best to play their game as they have the power to attack the very people who promote the ridiculous company and all that stand for it, even though the motives of the fansites using the names and material are fair.

It's quite common these days as a special feature :P Heck, it's becoming a standard feature for everyone these days with Facebook implementing it in chat (and possibly messages).

If it was the same and used similar than sure but the pop up boxes on vbulletin for it annoy me.

GommeInc
18-11-2012, 03:46 PM
If it was the same and used similar than sure but the pop up boxes on vbulletin for it annoy me.
Not that I want to bring up this argument, but vbulletin do not seem to know how to do things properly :P The IPB version of that system is perfect. Is there no way to alter the system so that there is no pop-up and a simple icon saying "read/unread" next to "sent messages" appears, or is that too much hassle for something that isn't really a necessity?

xxMATTGxx
18-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Not that I want to bring up this argument, but vbulletin do not seem to know how to do things properly :P The IPB version of that system is perfect. Is there no way to alter the system so that there is no pop-up and a simple icon saying "read/unread" next to "sent messages" appears, or is that too much hassle for something that isn't really a necessity?

At the moment it's one of those things that you have to tick if you want to have "Tracking" then the user who opens the Pm gets a nice pop up saying Ok or cancel. I think it would probably be too much hassle at this time.

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 03:54 PM
IPB for Habbox Forum 2012

I can confirm that Recursion supports my nomination of IPB as the official habbox forum forum software because it's not completely broken / terribly coded.

David
18-11-2012, 04:00 PM
At the moment it's one of those things that you have to tick if you want to have "Tracking" then the user who opens the Pm gets a nice pop up saying Ok or cancel. I think it would probably be too much hassle at this time.

http://icap.me/i/L7fYIbYgM1.png

set to no and sorted

xxMATTGxx
18-11-2012, 04:01 PM
http://icap.me/i/L7fYIbYgM1.png

set to no and sorted

That is already set for my usergroup - Doesn't make it less annoying :P

David
18-11-2012, 04:02 PM
That is already set for my usergroup - Doesn't make it less annoying :P

there's no popup if it's set to no, i just tested :O? how's it annoying

GommeInc
18-11-2012, 04:02 PM
It sounds worse than the system they use in SMS and MMS :P

IPB for Habbox Forum 2012

I can confirm that Recursion supports my nomination of IPB as the official habbox forum forum software because it's not completely broken / terribly coded.
I would support that too, but Jin has always been against the idea - even if IPB is a billion times better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!