PDA

View Full Version : Will anybody be getting the new chromebook?

Catchy
17-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Seen it advertised today and was so surprised how cheap they've made it, considering their lost ones were way too expensive for what they were. Tempted to buy one just for general browsing of the net whilst I'm at home, get fed up sat in my bedroom (hermit). I do really like the design, think it looks really nice compared to other laptops I've been looking at.

Do you think £229 is worth it or should I pay a bit more and get an actual REAL laptop?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71X1YGwoUhL._AA1500_.jpg

myke
17-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd happily buy my parents one to get them using the internet more

Catchy
17-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I'd happily buy my parents one to get them using the internet more

Oh my mum can't get enough, especially now she has her new iPhone 5. So annoying though "JACOB WHAT IS AN APPLE ID WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP AND PUT MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS IN"

"JACOB WHY ISNT SCRABBLE ON MY IPHONE WORKING"

eurg joys

BUT YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY Q

myke
17-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh my mum can't get enough, especially now she has her new iPhone 5. So annoying though "JACOB WHAT IS AN APPLE ID WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP AND PUT MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS IN"

"JACOB WHY ISNT SCRABBLE ON MY IPHONE WORKING"

eurg joys

BUT YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY Q

You always seem to go through a phase of wanting to buy something as soon as it's released so no don't buy it just stay being a hermit!

Catchy
17-11-2012, 11:14 PM
You always seem to go through a phase of wanting to buy something as soon as it's released so no don't buy it just stay being a hermit!

NO I DO NOT AND NO I CANT COPE BECAUSE ITS STARTING TO HURT MY BACK

xxMATTGxx
17-11-2012, 11:22 PM
I do want something like that or a tablet. I would probably go for the tablet option though as I don't believe you can get Skype on those chromebooks yet can you? That's the only thing I notice.

Mr-Trainor
17-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Personally I'd prefer to just use a tablet to browse the Internet, which is what I do :P.

Catchy
17-11-2012, 11:37 PM
I do want something like that or a tablet. I would probably go for the tablet option though as I don't believe you can get Skype on those chromebooks yet can you? That's the only thing I notice.

oh yeah that's a good point actually :( what would you recommend matt, I want something rly cute budget is like 380

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm not Matt but at a £380 range for tablets is fairly high end so you're looking at a Nexus 10, Windows RT tablet or an iPad really for tablets. Unless you drop down to £200 and get a Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. Chromebooks don't *quite* make sense yet, but if you're set on one then the "Google recommended" one is probably a sensible idea: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=chromebook_acer_c710

If you're willing to stretch your budget then a surface RT is worth looking into.

RyRy
18-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I actually would if I could afford it, all I'd use a laptop for is for browsing the internet & the Chrome OS is only going to get better over time with Google behind it.

Catchy
18-11-2012, 01:46 AM
I decided to go for this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71wQz%2BOp4sL._AA1500_.jpg

Woo excited

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 01:48 AM
HP's a very well built reliable devices, good choice.

Accipiter
18-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I would say no, the chrome tablet is pretty much the same thing.

I'd wait for the prices to come down.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!