PDA

View Full Version : The Dojo

Aiden
18-11-2012, 04:18 PM
What are your thoughts on it? I personally think it is a good design and stuff but sticking with Site Skin! ;)

David
18-11-2012, 04:21 PM
i like it, fnx elliot
not too keen on the logo but cant complain

SackRace
18-11-2012, 04:22 PM
not bad

Jordan
18-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I quite like it actually. Some of the links seem to remind me of Windows 8 and how large and bold they are. Nice!!

Red
18-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I wish the banner at the top wasn't so big and some of the writing is too large for my liking! but it is nice and feels more modern.

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for giving us feedback on the skin, it's the first vB skin I've put in production and I want to improve on the things you guys don't like - and find out what you do like!

Be as honest as you like and I can spend more time on the things that you feel need improvement. It's a bit more daring in terms of larger sizes and design etc.

dbgtz
18-11-2012, 04:30 PM
It's OK but I'll be sticking with Classic.

MKR&*42
18-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I wish the banner at the top wasn't so big and some of the writing is too large for my liking! but it is nice and feels more modern.

This pretty much,

but I do really like it :]!!

orientalframe?
18-11-2012, 04:34 PM
it's nice but i'll probably stick to the skin i'm using currently :P

HotelUser
18-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for giving us feedback on the skin, it's the first vB skin I've put in production and I want to improve on the things you guys don't like - and find out what you do like!

Be as honest as you like and I can spend more time on the things that you feel need improvement. It's a bit more daring in terms of larger sizes and design etc.

It's very nice and clean, good job :)

Mark
18-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I really like it, going to make it my default for a while :P

Hollie
18-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I really like it but think the banner at the top's a bit big but other than that it's really nice :P

David
18-11-2012, 05:27 PM
text boxes are a little hard to see, i had to click around to find it :(. can they have a darker outline or something? hamheyelliot;

http://icap.me/i/vABh5ymDMK.png

FlyingJesus
18-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't really like the top links being centred, think it makes it look a bit disjointed and would look better left-aligned to match up with the edge of the rest of the page, but otherwise it's ok yeah. Still gonna stick with site 2010 though

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 05:33 PM
text boxes are a little hard to see, i had to click around to find it :(. can they have a darker outline or something? hamheyelliot;

http://icap.me/i/vABh5ymDMK.png

No problem, will sort the forms out fully tonight!

The size of the banner has now been chopped down, and if you've filled out your Habbo details in your User CP, it will appear in the top left instead of Matt, a nice suggestion from Mr Kieran.

Chris
18-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I think its a great skin, I realy like the mix of habbo and non-habbo. Good job! :)

mrwoooooooo
18-11-2012, 05:43 PM
any way of changing it so its as wide as the site skin 2011?

and the logo moving up when hovering over it is pointless

David
18-11-2012, 05:46 PM
no dont change the width it's fine as it is

MKR&*42
18-11-2012, 05:52 PM

just an fyi - The 'icon legend' part hasnt been changed :P

Tom
18-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok, thoughts.

I quite like it, but as soon as I saw it I was more like "Oh, right..." instead of "Oh my gosh, this is amazing!".

I'm not a big fan of the "banner" (HabboxForum bit) but I do like the fact the Habbos seem to have super powers. I like the width, so make sure you keep that - and I like the text, woo ok.

Overall: not certain yet, I'll see if it grows on me.

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 06:06 PM
any way of changing it so its as wide as the site skin 2011?

and the logo moving up when hovering over it is pointless

A lot of people wanted to hang onto the wider forum on the older skins, that's why it made it to the new skin.

The logo hover is just a little bit of interaction, it's noted that you don't think it's entirely necessary though.

just an fyi - The 'icon legend' part hasnt been changed :P

Thanks! Forgot about that, that should be fixed tonight.

Ok, thoughts.

I quite like it, but as soon as I saw it I was more like "Oh, right..." instead of "Oh my gosh, this is amazing!".

I'm not a big fan of the "banner" (HabboxForum bit) but I do like the fact the Habbos seem to have super powers. I like the width, so make sure you keep that - and I like the text, woo ok.

Overall: not certain yet, I'll see if it grows on me.

Thanks for all the feedback!

It's always a bit difficult going into a new skin design, as on Habbox there's definitely a mix of those who like the non-habbo skins and those who like the older, colourful Habbo skins too.

It's a near impossible task to please everyone so that's why I went for something a bit lighter on Habbo features but still nice and colourful, hopefully this thread exists to get a bit more feedback on what makes a good skin in people's respective opinions for the future!

mrwoooooooo
18-11-2012, 06:17 PM
The logo hover is just a little bit of interaction, it's noted that you don't think it's entirely necessary though.

might be better if it goes down instead of up

Mikey
18-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I actually really like it, I'll be using it from now on. :)

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I think the section titles on the index should be 13px rather than 14px (And in other similar locations, 14px really does feel too big), but other than that I really like it. Somehow's feels non-habboey yet feels like a skin for a habbo fansite.

geo
18-11-2012, 06:51 PM
i think it's pretty good and i'll be using it for the time being, it's nicer than the one i used before :P

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 06:57 PM
i think it's pretty good and i'll be using it for the time being, it's nicer than the one i used before :P

Great :) It's going to be improved gradually over the next week so keep an eye out!

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I think border-radius:10px is a bit much, looks slightly better at 5px in my opinion.

Sloths
18-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Everything just seems too big. Looks like from the thread the top header part has already been made smaller but it still looks too big for me and the text in a lot of places looks too big and slightly ugly. I do love the top white navbar though but the blue background is a little boring, it does look okay though just not woo-ing imo :)

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 07:17 PM
The poll box has 50px margin LR for some reason, I don't think it's needed.

Edit: Editing preview box doesn't have a border. Also I know every other skin has it but why don't we have fluid editing boxes?

Andii
18-11-2012, 07:17 PM

I agree :)

o when using it on a mobile and using safari whn I'm typing a comment it will make the screen move over to the left while typing every letter why is this?? It's annoying

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Applies to all skins really, it's a common bug for images in notices to overflow from their containers, if you stick "<div style="clear:both"></div>" at the end of the announcments in the template is should stop that.

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Everything just seems too big. Looks like from the thread the top header part has already been made smaller but it still looks too big for me and the text in a lot of places looks too big and slightly ugly. I do love the top white navbar though but the blue background is a little boring, it does look okay though just not woo-ing imo :)

That's really helpful, I'm going to rework the header and most of the font appearance in place - I appreciate the lack of contrast with the blues can appear a bit boring, I don't want to overdo the Habbo theme but I'll look into making it a bit more appealing to the eye.

Thanks for the constructive advice!

Red
18-11-2012, 07:37 PM
It is growing on me ;p I really like the width and the colours and that its not too habboey. I think its hard to see when you get a notification. Doesn't really stand out enough and I didn't notice the number changing. If the banner was half the size it would be perfect for me :( O and I love how your habbo is at the top!

Aiden
18-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Just noticed that your avatar from Habbo is in the Top Left corner! Thats really nice, we should have that on the next Full Habbo Skin!

Lee
18-11-2012, 07:56 PM
What is a Dojo...

iFlame
18-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Not the best, but it's alright!

MKR&*42
18-11-2012, 08:01 PM
What is a Dojo...

"A school for training in Japanese arts of self-defense, such as judo and karate."

Lee
18-11-2012, 08:06 PM
"A school for training in Japanese arts of self-defense, such as judo and karate."

Oh right, ye I totally see the relevance to the skin in that name... -.-

Kieran
18-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Just noticed that your avatar from Habbo is in the Top Left corner! Thats really nice, we should have that on the next Full Habbo Skin!

This is a feature on V7 which is why it was used in this skin and will most certainly be in the V7 forum skin ;)

Aiden
18-11-2012, 08:07 PM
This is a feature on V7 which is why it was used in this skin and will most certainly be in the V7 forum skin ;)

Great... I really like it! :D

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 08:08 PM

That's exactly what's depicted in the header though?

David
18-11-2012, 08:08 PM

how does the v7 one work
my username isnt my habbo name, will i have some random habbo when i use the site :(?

xxMATTGxx
18-11-2012, 08:10 PM

Look at the banner.

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 08:12 PM
The font-size in the preview section for a post appears to be a pixel or two smaller than the normal displayed size.

Kieran
18-11-2012, 08:16 PM
how does the v7 one work
my username isnt my habbo name, will i have some random habbo when i use the site :(?

As with the current Habbox site you can only register with a Habbo you own. It isn't linked to the forum. So it will always show the correct Habbo you log in with :)

David
18-11-2012, 08:17 PM
As with the current Habbox site you can only register with a Habbo you own. It isn't linked to the forum. So it will always show the correct Habbo you log in with :)

my habbox.com username isn't my habbo name or any i own :P

Chippiewill
18-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Good thing you'll be registering a new account then, with a habbo you actually own.

Kieran
18-11-2012, 08:22 PM

It's supposed to be :o

Aaron
18-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I like it, it's a different type of site skin.. good work. :)

Gina
18-11-2012, 10:18 PM
when i first heard of it, i thought of club penguin :'(
i have no clue what it is aha but tbh, i dont really care ;p

David
18-11-2012, 10:21 PM
quite like the changes that've been made.
wouldnt complain if the drop down box was made a little taller though

http://icap.me/i/xGWlOLhJRV.png

hamheyelliot
18-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Really appreciate all of the feedback you lot have provided regarding the design tonight, there'll be some improvements made over this week to address some of the areas you feel are letting it down so far.

I'm off to bed now but feel free to keep dropping your comments and suggestions!

Lastly I need to say a big thanks to Kieran for being constantly wise and helpful, and Matt for his helpful (and entertaining) ways. I'm not sure what Bertie did to help so I'll leave him out of it.

Calvin
18-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Really appreciate all of the feedback you lot have provided regarding the design tonight, there'll be some improvements made over this week to address some of the areas you feel are letting it down so far.

I'm off to bed now but feel free to keep dropping your comments and suggestions!

Lastly I need to say a big thanks to Kieran for being constantly wise and helpful, and Matt for his helpful (and entertaining) ways. I'm not sure what Bertie did to help so I'll leave him out of it.I think he was too busy on Twitter answering questions:

http://i.imgur.com/qQdGA.png

Anyway, fantastic work Elliot. Nice one :)

Calvin
18-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Couldn't edit previous post, but if this is going to replace the non-Habbo skins then you could create a field in the user's profile where they select Habbo or Non-Habbo and set the header based on that setting. I'll probably be using this skin anyway.

Ekelektra
19-11-2012, 04:12 AM
I like it! I really like the largeness of it and the colours.
I don't like changing forum skins often though but when the autumn one goes away for another year I might even move to this new one.

-:Undertaker:-
19-11-2012, 09:54 AM
It's pretty good yeah, it's one I could use easy if you get me.

But personally I stick with Site Skin 2010 as Habbox to me is orange and always will be. :P

sex
19-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I LOVE this skin so much, probably one of the best Habbox has ever had!!!!
Some things though lol :P

http://i.imgur.com/M7KY0.png
Images for forum old/forum new? they don't really look nice at all at the moment! Maybe get GFX to make up something that would suit it?

Remove threads/post from forum index like on the site skin and make it skinnier which a lot of people are asking for!!
http://i.imgur.com/5DvHF.png
other than that thats all i can think off, i love the rest tbh!

Mr-Trainor
19-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I think it's quite nice, might start using it instead of the 2010 Site Skin :P.

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Nice to see such positive replies about the skin.

GoldenMerc
19-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Skin looks great, I know its a rebuild of site skin cheeky ;)!

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2012, 01:38 PM

It was one of the skins but It wasn't the site skin.

David
19-11-2012, 01:40 PM

non-habbo light

GoldenMerc
19-11-2012, 01:41 PM
non-habbo-light-has-a-glitch-booooo
http://icap.me/i/GeUCn0Oh1r.png
Any chance of a fix, although I don't use

Kieran
19-11-2012, 02:06 PM
non-habbo-light-has-a-glitch-booooo
http://icap.me/i/GeUCn0Oh1r.png
Any chance of a fix, although I don't use

Fairly certain it has been like that forever :P

GommeInc
20-11-2012, 01:51 PM
The Dojo is quite an impressive skin. I've swapped Site Skin 2010 for it, and it's not failed anywhere at all :)

Lee
20-11-2012, 06:34 PM
I've really come to like this skin and am currently using it!
hamheyelliot; did you use non-habbo light as a starting point because if I remove a few elements using google chromes inspect element I get the nonhabbo light header :D

xxMATTGxx
20-11-2012, 06:36 PM
I've really come to like this skin and am currently using it!
hamheyelliot; did you use non-habbo light as a starting point because if I remove a few elements using google chromes inspect element I get the nonhabbo light header :D

As the other posts state, yeah non-habbo light is what the skin was based upon.

Chippiewill
20-11-2012, 10:18 PM
For all those complaining about it being too wide.. go into your account general settings and scroll down.

David
20-11-2012, 10:26 PM
DOESN'T WORK ON SITE SKIN 2011

oh

Chippiewill
20-11-2012, 10:27 PM
DOESN'T WORK ON SITE SKIN 2011

oh
If you redo all the fixed width graphics I'll happily make it fluid.

David
20-11-2012, 10:31 PM

what images and what needs done
sounds fun

mrwoooooooo
20-11-2012, 10:35 PM
woooo much better

Kardan
20-11-2012, 11:53 PM
If the banner was de-habbofied I would actually use this skin. Back to Classic for me though...

ColyTom
21-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I really like it but 'Habbox Autumn' is my fave!

Andii
21-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Is this available on iPhone safari because its te only skin that I have used that has problems on my iPhone, when leaving a post it continues to move the screen while typing so you can't see what your typing, it also lags alot when trying to leave a post so you can't see what you have typed

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Is this available on iPhone safari because its te only skin that I have used that has problems on my iPhone, when leaving a post it continues to move the screen while typing so you can't see what your typing, it also lags alot when trying to leave a post so you can't see what you have typed

All skins are available on any platform. Although these skins aren't designed to be "mobile friendly" and you do use them at your own risk on such devices. If you really want to use HxF on your mobile without any major issues then use the mobile skin or use an application called Tapatalk.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Andii
21-11-2012, 12:55 PM
All skins are available on any platform. Although these skins aren't designed to be "mobile friendly" and you do use them at your own risk on such devices. If you really want to use HxF on your mobile without any major issues then use the mobile skin or use an application called Tapatalk.

Omg my own risk omG is there like viruses on it or a man that will kill me fml

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Omg my own risk omG is there like viruses on it or a man that will kill me fml

It will suck you into the iPhone and you will never be seen again.

David
21-11-2012, 01:07 PM

http://icap.me/i/WIXq3qJWXY.png

Grig
21-11-2012, 02:53 PM

This is a big ask, because you are asking drunken hobos like me to pay for an app :(!

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2012, 03:06 PM
This is a big ask, because you are asking drunken hobos like me to pay for an app :(!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WYpRQm4Hs3k

RyRy
21-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Found a graphic issue in the skin, can this be corrected?

http://grab.by/hHim

Using Google Chrome.

David
21-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Found a graphic issue in the skin, can this be corrected?

Using Google Chrome.

matt knows about it, not sure about elliot :P it's on quite a few profiles

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Is it fixed you now?

RyRy
21-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Is it fixed you now?

Indeed it is, cheers!

Andii
21-11-2012, 06:43 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All just load up habbo and then dander in and punch all the habbos in hxhd ;) then climb over the throne sofa for the craic haha =]

BreakfastBacon
21-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe liven up the background a bit? otherwise I like it :D

---------- Post added 21-11-2012 at 07:01 PM ----------

Matt this is very very different to the subject here but how do you get youtube vids in your signaure???? please tell :O

David
21-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe liven up the background a bit? otherwise I like it :D

---------- Post added 21-11-2012 at 07:01 PM ----------

Matt this is very very different to the subject here but how do you get youtube vids in your signaure???? please tell :O

video bb code is disabled in signatures

BreakfastBacon
21-11-2012, 07:30 PM
oh yea just found out. Oh well thanks for telling me

David
21-11-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/dojo/statusicon/thread_dot_hot_lock_new-30-left.png

needs changing

---------- Post added 21-11-2012 at 10:09 PM ----------

profiles are still dodgy as well

http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=109752

Eric
22-11-2012, 12:32 PM
it's not bad but i'll stick to site skin 2010.

LiquidLuck.
22-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I guess it's fine but I'm keeping my habbox summer skin xD

Chippiewill
22-11-2012, 10:35 PM
profiles are still dodgy as well

http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=109752

<div style="clear:both;"></div> right before the wrapper tag closes will fix this.

David
25-11-2012, 02:44 PM

what happened

Chippiewill
25-11-2012, 02:56 PM
what happened
HotelUser said he'd do it, frees me up for V7 work.

Chippiewill
29-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Quotes (Or more specifically bb containers) appear to have slightly OTT margin on them.

David
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
HotelUser; you making it fluid or what mate?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!