PDA

View Full Version : [Other] The War Z

RyRy
20-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Anyone play?

I've got some guest keys going maaaaaaybe, depends. :-)

Jack!
20-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I have it, not played for a few days, waiting for an update.

Stephen
20-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Guest key plz ryan

RyRy
20-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I have it, not played for a few days, waiting for an update.

Update is supposed to be coming tomorrow I think, well that's the rumour anyway that they wanted to release it for Thanksgiving. Really need to patch the current hacks D;

Stephen ill PM you later on.

Richie
20-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I got it but haven't really played it recently

RyRy
20-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I got it but haven't really played it recently

Bad craic, I recreated my account so I could get a Legend package (got a refund mwaha) and I have some of the best character names. I've got Johnathon Ross, Tony Blair, Usher, Katie Holmes & Noel Edmonds.

MY GUN, DEAL OR NO DEAL

scottish
20-11-2012, 08:51 PM
keyme

efq
20-11-2012, 08:52 PM
I hate Zombie Games:( I couldn't finish Left 4 Dead because I was actually scared playing haha.

But from reading the site it sounds and looks cool.

RyRy
20-11-2012, 08:53 PM
The keys only last for 48 hours, I'll PM @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890) & @Stephen! (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36170) sooooooooooooooon.

Once your key runs out, you gotta buy the game or your account is deleted kk. Samm it's really not that same type of zombie game, it's like the zombies aren't that scary and you can kill them with a flashlight lol.

Left 4 Dead I can totally understand that game ***** me right up sometimes.

scottish
20-11-2012, 08:54 PM
o, well im busy mainly until the 28th :P

RyRy
20-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Alright I'll save it for you till then if you want? It's valid forever until activation in which 48 hour limit kicks in.

scottish
20-11-2012, 09:01 PM
okay :P

Jack!
21-11-2012, 01:37 PM
The keys only last for 48 hours, I'll PM @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890) & @Stephen! (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36170) sooooooooooooooon.

Once your key runs out, you gotta buy the game or your account is deleted kk. Samm it's really not that same type of zombie game, it's like the zombies aren't that scary and you can kill them with a flashlight lol.

Left 4 Dead I can totally understand that game ***** me right up sometimes.

The account doesn't get deleted at the end of the trial, you can either enter another trial key, or buy it, or logout, then you can login at another time and play.

And the game lasts 48hr's from activation of the key.

I don't have any left, me and friends used the to get another person playing, he had about 8 keys from us :P

RyRy
21-11-2012, 03:07 PM
The account doesn't get deleted at the end of the trial, you can either enter another trial key, or buy it, or logout, then you can login at another time and play.

And the game lasts 48hr's from activation of the key.

I don't have any left, me and friends used the to get another person playing, he had about 8 keys from us :P

Oh doesn't it? Somebodys talking crap then... Me, that is.

DPS
30-11-2012, 09:31 PM
War Z is crap lol...

If they dont get a certain amout of people on the game within 6 months they will turn off servers and close.

Day Z fo lyf

RyRy
30-11-2012, 10:25 PM
War Z is crap lol...

If they dont get a certain amout of people on the game within 6 months they will turn off servers and close.

Day Z fo lyf

So I assume you've never played the game, nor interacted with the community yet you think you know what the game plan is based on, because a ex-moderator who got hacked seemed to know their whole business plan... You're a ******* idiot lol.

Either way, I'm going to buy Day Z standalone because I'm interested in both of them.

DPS
30-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I've played War Z.. its a ******* rip off lol.

RyRy
01-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I've played War Z.. its a ******* rip off lol.

How is it a rip off. What, because DayZ came up with the idea first? You should go work for Apple, you'd find likeminded people there.

Stephen
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
WHERE MA GUEST KEY

RyRy
01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll get you it one day Stephen xoxoxo

JerseySafety
02-12-2012, 08:47 AM
War Z is ******* terrible, complete fail rip off of DayZ.

DayZ is a true game, the original. Can't wait till the stand-alone, at least it will be a good game unlike War Z.

Jack!
02-12-2012, 07:34 PM
War Z is ******* terrible, complete fail rip off of DayZ.

DayZ is a true game, the original. Can't wait till the stand-alone, at least it will be a good game unlike War Z.

Any one else makes a zombie game and its automatically a rip off?

DPS
04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Any one else makes a zombie game and its automatically a rip off?

The thing is.. War Z is a rip off.

DayZ is pro, not to mention Arma 2 makers, have teamed up with DayZ to make Standalone for DayZ.

No more Buying Arma 2 to play DayZ.

Not to mention if it goes well they want to change to other platforms such as Xbox and PS3.

scottish
04-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah but you'll have to buy the standalone lol

DPS
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah but you'll have to buy the standalone lol

So lol, standalone is worth the money.

RyRy
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The thing is.. War Z is a rip off.

DayZ is pro, not to mention Arma 2 makers, have teamed up with DayZ to make Standalone for DayZ.

No more Buying Arma 2 to play DayZ.

Not to mention if it goes well they want to change to other platforms such as Xbox and PS3.

I think you missed the point where he said you're narrowminded for thinking all Zombie games are a rip off because DayZ did it first. DayZ is more hardcore compared to WarZ, much more realistic & yeha you'll have to buy DayZ standalone... but then WarZ has always been standalone OMG YOURE RIPPING OFF WARZ FOR THE STANDALONE IDEA NERIGUNRHUGHRGUH!!!! (thats how you sound)

Besides, it's still being run mostly on the ARMA engine, even if it might be a new engine if it's anything to go by the last engine, enjoy your hax.

scottish
04-12-2012, 01:35 PM
so saying no need to spend 12 quid on a game to buy a standalone is ineffective.

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

I think you missed the point where he said you're narrowminded for thinking all Zombie games are a rip off because DayZ did it first. DayZ is more hardcore compared to WarZ, much more realistic & yeha you'll have to buy DayZ standalone... but then WarZ has always been standalone OMG YOURE RIPPING OFF WARZ FOR THE STANDALONE IDEA NERIGUNRHUGHRGUH!!!! (thats how you sound)

Besides, it's still being run mostly on the ARMA engine, even if it might be a new engine if it's anything to go by the last engine, enjoy your hax.

day z is clearly a rip off from CoD :S :S :S !!!

RyRy
04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
so saying no need to spend 12 quid on a game to buy a standalone is ineffective.

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

day z is clearly a rip off from CoD :S :S :S !!!

DayZ is clearly a ripoff of ARMA II though :S :S :S :S rofl

DPS
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
DayZ is clearly a ripoff of ARMA II though :S :S :S :S rofl

Yet the makers of arma 2 are working with DayZ to make it standalone lol

RyRy
04-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Yet the makers of arma 2 are working with DayZ to make it standalone lol

So in essence it's a ripoff of Arma II if the Arma developers are going to make it like Arma? Derp.

JerseySafety
05-12-2012, 07:12 AM
DayZ was the original survival, zombie adventure game or whatever you want to call it lol. War Z has come in, taken most of the characteristics of Day Z and put it into a stand-alone.

Thing I don't get is why are people buying War Z, it's stand-alone and Day Z atm is better than it. Imagine how good DayZ is going to be when it becomes stand-alone, will wipe every other game out of its path.

It isn't a rip off of Arma since Arma is working with the Dayz creators/developers? But with War Z, no one from War Z is working with DayZ so it is a rip off if that makes sense? Derp .

scottish
05-12-2012, 09:33 AM
DayZ was the original survival, zombie adventure game or whatever you want to call it lol. War Z has come in, taken most of the characteristics of Day Z and put it into a stand-alone.

Thing I don't get is why are people buying War Z, it's stand-alone and Day Z atm is better than it. Imagine how good DayZ is going to be when it becomes stand-alone, will wipe every other game out of its path.

It isn't a rip off of Arma since Arma is working with the Dayz creators/developers? But with War Z, no one from War Z is working with DayZ so it is a rip off if that makes sense? Derp .

Not really, by that logic anyone who creates any game is stealing the idea of previous games in that category (MMORPG, First person shooter, etc)....

RyRy
05-12-2012, 09:47 AM

You really don't get the idea of innovation do you?

JerseySafety
05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
You really don't get the idea of innovation do you?

Sure do and DayZ developers innovated it, not these War Z idiots. Anyway I'm gonna stop now, ruining the thread. DayZ ftw nuff' said.

RyRy
05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Sure do and DayZ developers innovated it, not these War Z idiots. Anyway I'm gonna stop now, ruining the thread. DayZ ftw nuff' said.

DayZ developers "innovated it"? Oh dear god you are a fool.

If you have only one company doing the job, you have one game which will need to spout out all the ideas. If you have multiple games of the same thing, each game has a different take on it and gives other games ideas. That is called innovation. Your way of looking at things is the same standpoint Apple take on Samsung in their legal cases, which is really quite silly and defeats the objective of innovation. The only reason Samsung & Apple have a case is because of patents, whereas I don't see "Zombie MMO" patented by anyone...

Hmm...

DPS
18-12-2012, 06:04 PM
DayZ developers "innovated it"? Oh dear god you are a fool.

If you have only one company doing the job, you have one game which will need to spout out all the ideas. If you have multiple games of the same thing, each game has a different take on it and gives other games ideas. That is called innovation. Your way of looking at things is the same standpoint Apple take on Samsung in their legal cases, which is really quite silly and defeats the objective of innovation. The only reason Samsung & Apple have a case is because of patents, whereas I don't see "Zombie MMO" patented by anyone...

Hmm...

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg check that out this is how dumb they are at war z LOL

also video about bore z http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

scottish
18-12-2012, 06:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg check that out this is how dumb they are at war z LOL

Not watching the video

But the executive producer (sergy titov) is former staff at Riot games/LoL developers, so most likely due to that.

RyRy
18-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Yeah pretty sure you're late on that one, they replied to it as a legitimate error. End of the day, they don't really care.

Plus Bore Z? I think hearing that TotalBiscuit doesn't like War Z was as expected as when you drop bread in water it becomes soggy.

Can't be bothered watching the whole thing, but he should probably give the game a go when it's finished lol.

mrwoooooooo
18-12-2012, 06:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RLGB2.jpg

image contains naughty words!

RyRy
18-12-2012, 07:09 PM
It's such a pain, I love playing it with my mates but everybody knocks it :(

JerseySafety
19-12-2012, 11:34 AM
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Sums it all up tbf. Terrible game. Dayz will always be the best <3

scottish
19-12-2012, 12:59 PM
have you ever played it?

DPS
19-12-2012, 03:52 PM
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Sums it all up tbf. Terrible game. Dayz will always be the best <3

Haha yeah was reading this dismorning. War Z is just stupid.

scottish
19-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Haha yeah was reading this dismorning. War Z is just stupid.

Every game is 'stupid'

Games don't have intelligence...

Oleh
19-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I was strongly considering buying it. Up until I saw Sergey Titov also made http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_Over_the_Road_Racing. Put me right off it until final release. Also now, in the T&C there's a no refund line, plus it's 50cc to revive somebody iirc

mrwoooooooo
19-12-2012, 07:55 PM
well games don't get taken off steam for no reason RyRy;

RyRy
19-12-2012, 09:11 PM
well games don't get taken off steam for no reason RyRy;

Think it got taken off Steam as there were a few issues with the game still, and that it wasn't ready basically.

Just for everybody's information btw, I love this game but I've never played DayZ so I can't judge, but I'd love to have a go at the standalone when it's out. Course I'm just the kind of person who tries it before judging it based on what reviewers (who already have their minds made up before writing) say.

scottish
19-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Think it got taken off Steam as there were a few issues with the game still, and that it wasn't ready basically.

Just for everybody's information btw, I love this game but I've never played DayZ so I can't judge, but I'd love to have a go at the standalone when it's out. Course I'm just the kind of person who tries it before judging it based on what reviewers (who already have their minds made up before writing) say.

Yeah i'm the same, i've got Day Z and not War Z but i'm not going to judge War Z based on a few peoples reviews or mindless idiots who decide to come on a forum and say NO THAT GAME THOUGHT OF ZOMBIES FIRST SO DIS IS FAKE ITS CRAP HAHAHAHHA STUPID GAME!!!!!

Richie
19-12-2012, 09:38 PM
The developers are unprofessional & at times extremely rude through their public forums. To sum it up, the game is entertaining but the developers suck & need to learn how to run a company before selling a product to a customer.

RyRy
19-12-2012, 11:01 PM
The developers are unprofessional & at times extremely rude through their public forums. To sum it up, the game is entertaining but the developers suck & need to learn how to run a company before selling a product to a customer.

The developers don't actually post on the forum though. Only Moderators, the Community Manager, a senior producer and the executive producer have been seen posting really. One of many misconceptions about this game :')

Richie
19-12-2012, 11:34 PM
The developers don't actually post on the forum though. Only Moderators, the Community Manager, a senior producer and the executive producer have been seen posting really. One of many misconceptions about this game :')

Well Ryan there has been proof of developers going in game on god mode to cheat for 'fun' which gives the game and the company behind the game a bad image. Administrator & producer from hammerpoint Sergey Titov is no better. During the launch of the alpha users went to the forum to angrily express their opinion on some things that need to be improved, obviously it being in alpha they should have expected problems but even so a company that want to be successful & support their games community wouldn't reply with a terribly constructed post which included swearing, anger and telling customers if they 'think the game is ****' to request a refund but they will never be able to purchase a game from them again. Oh and not to mention the mass thread removals after administrators making themselves look like unprofessional idiots. Some would argue that is perfectly fine but for me, they're a bunch of rude hot heads that can't handle a community.

Like I said though, I love the game and would love to support the game more by telling friends about it but I don't want friends handing money over to a bunch of morons who will most likely milk the game dry then sell it off, leaving it on its death bed.

RyRy
19-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Well Ryan there has been proof of developers going in game on god mode to cheat for 'fun' which gives the game and the company behind the game a bad image. Administrator & producer from hammerpoint Sergey Titov is no better. During the launch of the alpha users went to the forum to angrily express their opinion on some things that need to be improved, obviously it being in alpha they should have expected problems but even so a company that want to be successful & support their games community wouldn't reply with a terribly constructed post which included swearing, anger and telling customers if they 'think the game is ****' to request a refund but they will never be able to purchase a game from them again. Oh and not to mention the mass thread removals after administrators making themselves look like unprofessional idiots. Some would argue that is perfectly fine but for me, they're a bunch of rude hot heads that can't handle a community.

Like I said though, I love the game and would love to support the game more by telling friends about it but I don't want friends handing money over to a bunch of morons who will most likely milk the game dry then sell it off, leaving it on its death bed.

Makes you think, if it wasn't for that forum would they have been in a better position right now?

Richie
19-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Makes you think, if it wasn't for that forum would they have been in a better position right now?

That's a good point but I still think Sergey Titov would be stuck to his same stubborn rude ways. Have a read of this http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html Sergey Titov wouldn't even have the decency to admit the features described on steam was inaccurate / false, an apology to those who purchased it under the false advertising would have been nice, instead he blames consumers for 'reading it wrongly'.

RyRy
20-12-2012, 04:04 PM
This is a post I found off the War Z Forums, made me laugh pretty hard. Celtix; JerseyShore; scottish; think you should check this out lmao

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3308/haterz.jpg

DPS
20-12-2012, 07:59 PM
This is a post I found off the War Z Forums, made me laugh pretty hard. @Celtix (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=22764); @JerseyShore (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=73485); @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890); think you should check this out lmao

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3308/haterz.jpg

Pulled from steam.. yup proper good game warz is LOL

scottish
20-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Pulled from steam.. yup proper good game warz is LOL

Probably because it's still in development alpha/beta or whatever it is just no.

JerseySafety
20-12-2012, 08:25 PM
hahaha thats hilarious ;D

DPS
20-12-2012, 08:41 PM
hahaha thats hilarious ;D

Just proof they wanted money LMAO claimed it was complete and it wasnt!

Now its been removed, and the money they got from while it was on steam wont go to them as steam are giving money back to the people that want it.

RyRy
20-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Just proof they wanted money LMAO claimed it was complete and it wasnt!

Now its been removed, and the money they got from while it was on steam wont go to them as steam are giving money back to the people that want it.

Or proof that Steam should actually check games before they go on (if you watched the TotalBiscuit video fully you'd have noticed he mentioned that, and also how he moans about the game being too boring and you walk too much then saying the map is too small?). Either way, it got removed & it'll be back on there probably before DayZ full release comes out, and the DayZ players will stay faithful and wait but otherwise yeah... It's not a big deal at the end of the day, they'll have got a decent bit of profit even with people asking for returns.

I also like how you completely ignored the points on that picture btw, and just said about steam. pure jokes.

Richie
20-12-2012, 11:44 PM
RyRy;

watch this pal, spot on it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8r5HN6k98

RyRy
20-12-2012, 11:55 PM
@RyRy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81175);

Right first point, Arktos Interactive have direct business dealings with Online Warmongers & Hammerpoint Interactive, so the reason they're so similiar is cuz of that (there's more info on the War Z FAQ but it's got a direct impact on how War Z came about lol) They're not the same company per sé...

Secondly, if WarZ was made to take some of DayZ's market share, guess DayZ were too slow off the mark... Hammerpoint are using the DayZ hype for WarZ sales, not false advertising as the game doesn't say it is DayZ standalone (people just assume that), so it's just clever marketing.

All the promises are coming soon enough, the commentator forgets it's an alpha build and hasn't even been released with basic features yet (the reason it got pulled on Steam)

Plus I hate to be a killjoy, but if you look at the rest of the guys videos it's all DayZ, pretty biased opinion and trashing the game saying it's **** because it's not ready... which it's not, and the developers themselves have said that lol. So no, not spot on, well off the mark.

Would just like to add if War Z was announced as mod of War Inc, would there be the same drama? Because that's pretty much what it is, something that DayZ does :S

Richie
21-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Right first point, Arktos Interactive have direct business dealings with Online Warmongers & Hammerpoint Interactive, so the reason they're so similiar is cuz of that (there's more info on the War Z FAQ but it's got a direct impact on how War Z came about lol) They're not the same company per sé...

Secondly, if WarZ was made to take some of DayZ's market share, guess DayZ were too slow off the mark... Hammerpoint are using the DayZ hype for WarZ sales, not false advertising as the game doesn't say it is DayZ standalone (people just assume that), so it's just clever marketing.

All the promises are coming soon enough, the commentator forgets it's an alpha build and hasn't even been released with basic features yet (the reason it got pulled on Steam)

Plus I hate to be a killjoy, but if you look at the rest of the guys videos it's all DayZ, pretty biased opinion and trashing the game saying it's **** because it's not ready... which it's not, and the developers themselves have said that lol. So no, not spot on, well off the mark.

Would just like to add if War Z was announced as mod of War Inc, would there be the same drama? Because that's pretty much what it is, something that DayZ does :S

Definitely not. He was actually one of the first youtubers to broadcast a video hyping up the war z telling people how cool it was. He also was one of the first people who started to broadcast it on twitch. This was in the alpha stage so I'm assuming he just assumed like everyone else that the other features were coming in the final/beta product. If you continue to watch the video you'll notice how he describes the screenshots and how none of them actually relate to the product. Again Ryan, I like the aspect of the game, going into an open world with friends trying to kill other people and survive a zombie apocalypse. The game is okay in itself but I wouldn't have purchased it if I wasn't fed a false image of the entire product.

RyRy
21-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Definitely not. He was actually one of the first youtubers to broadcast a video hyping up the war z telling people how cool it was. He also was one of the first people who started to broadcast it on twitch. This was in the alpha stage so I'm assuming he just assumed like everyone else that the other features were coming in the final/beta product. If you continue to watch the video you'll notice how he describes the screenshots and how none of them actually relate to the product. Again Ryan, I like the aspect of the game, going into an open world with friends trying to kill other people and survive a zombie apocalypse. The game is okay in itself but I wouldn't have purchased it if I wasn't fed a false image of the entire product.

The only false image I've seen is the screenshots they've produced which are concept. That is the only false advertising I've seen, there's been no mention of it being a finished game EXCEPT from Steam in which it was promptly removed and rightly so if I do say so myself!

Same kind of YouTuber as TotalBiscuit imo, says what all his fans want him to say.

Richie
21-12-2012, 12:14 AM
The only false image I've seen is the screenshots they've produced which are concept. That is the only false advertising I've seen, there's been no mention of it being a finished game EXCEPT from Steam in which it was promptly removed and rightly so if I do say so myself!

Same kind of YouTuber as TotalBiscuit imo, says what all his fans want him to say.

"After playing the alpha for over 24 hours, I can say simply yes, it is fun, especially in a squad. Despite its weird intricacies, the core game is indeed a lot of fun, especially the PvP aspect!"

Definitely a day z fan boy that is hating on the war z just to please his fans.

I refuse to buy day z but from my posts I think you kinda get that I'm not war z fan boy (something that can't be said for yourself), i'd prefer to watch war z content over day z but that's because I understand it more. Lewis is just getting straight to the point and pointing out the flaws, he gave the game a fair chance and even recommended it to his subs so that argument is flawed.

RyRy
21-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Definitely a day z fan boy that is hating on the war z just to please his fans.

I refuse to buy day z but from my posts I think you kinda get that I'm not war z fan boy (something that can't be said for yourself), i'd prefer to watch war z content over day z but that's because I understand it more. Lewis is just getting straight to the point and pointing out the flaws, he gave the game a fair chance and even recommended it to his subs so that argument is flawed.

Oh I can't wait for DayZ standalone to come out though, my mates play both and they say it's a great game so I'll deffo buy it! Just when stuff like this happens, makes me facepalm. Currently having a flame war with the video creator on his youtube channel hahaha

DPS
21-12-2012, 12:24 PM
@RyRy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81175);

haha you linked a lewis video! :P

im always on hes teamspeak.

RyRy
21-12-2012, 04:52 PM
haha you linked a lewis video! :P

im always on hes teamspeak.

I spoke to that guy on Youtube private messages about what he's made, and his main focus was on how the game is in Foundation Release and yet has nothing that was promised (thus the lies and advertising title). However, linking me to the thread where he got this whole idea from, it actually has no mention whatsoever that the game is Foundation Release, and that he's interpreted "initial release" as Foundation release, when there is no wording to say he wasn't talking about Alpha release or BETA release.

So he's full of bull basically.

Richie
23-12-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure if this is legitimate only time will tell, interesting read & very believable.

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/38634146432/exclusive-war-z-trademark-suspended-game-will-have

RyRy
23-12-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure if this is legitimate only time will tell, interesting read & very believable.

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/38634146432/exclusive-war-z-trademark-suspended-game-will-have

That probably is legitimate, knew something would be said over World War Z & The War Z sooner or later. If the name gets changed though, it's one less thing Day Z fan boys will have to moan about, so it's in their interests that this doesn't happen.

EDIT: Just had a good read of it all, looks like World War Z want to release a video game based on the movie entitled World War Z, so that's where the real issues are here. Also the application for the War Z patent was 10 days after the World War Z patent application was made, which I think is going to cause issues for the suspicious timing. But there's nothing to say War Z will have to change its name yet.

Richie
23-12-2012, 08:47 PM
That probably is legitimate, knew something would be said over World War Z & The War Z sooner or later. If the name gets changed though, it's one less thing Day Z fan boys will have to moan about, so it's in their interests that this doesn't happen.

EDIT: Just had a good read of it all, looks like World War Z want to release a video game based on the movie entitled World War Z, so that's where the real issues are here. Also the application for the War Z patent was 10 days after the World War Z patent application was made, which I think is going to cause issues for the suspicious timing. But there's nothing to say War Z will have to change its name yet.

I believe there is another issue with war z ripping 'the walking dead' images. It's only a matter of time before they get sued. The game is good at times but I think the developers have dug a hole that they will never get out of.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/20/war-z-uses-images-taken-from-amcs-the-walking-dead/

RyRy
23-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I believe there is another issue with war z ripping 'the walking dead' images. It's only a matter of time before they get sued. The game is good at times but I think the developers have dug a hole that they will never get out of.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/20/war-z-uses-images-taken-from-amcs-the-walking-dead/

I heard about that, all the images have been taken off and are no longer in use, so I don't think it'll cause a problem for them now.

Richie
23-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I heard about that, all the images have been taken off and are no longer in use, so I don't think it'll cause a problem for them now.

Either way a company even attempting to pass someone elses work off as their own makes you think how long it'll last. I don't want the game to fail, heck I paid 30 quid for it but in my eyes it's only a matter of time. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

RyRy
23-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Either way a company even attempting to pass someone elses work off as their own makes you think how long it'll last. I don't want the game to fail, heck I paid 30 quid for it but in my eyes it's only a matter of time. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

I paid for Legend too, so yeah I can see where you're coming from! I think it's only a matter of time before the new scandal comes out, everybody forgets about War Z and then the game actually gets good. That's just me thoughhh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!