PDA

View Full Version : WiiU

dbgtz
23-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Quite surprised there isn't a thread on this already but whatever. Is anyone planning to get it or have it already?

mrwoooooooo
23-11-2012, 09:59 PM
i dont know anyone who's getting one, dont see why anyone would unless they're a nintendo fan

Samantha
23-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Probably won't get one, don't really see the point in them :P.

Chris
23-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Nahh it doesn't really appeal to me. The only reason I would consder buying one is for ZombieU because that looks awesome.

GommeInc
26-11-2012, 12:10 AM
My brother is getting one. The only game I am looking forward to is Bayonetta 2, which I believe is a WiiU Exclusive.

xxMATTGxx
26-11-2012, 12:35 AM
I don't actually know anyone who has said they are getting one to be honest.

Nick
26-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't think ill be getting one untill i go somewhere and play it first. I went into EBGames the other day and saw posters of super mario bros U, and thought to myself, i really wanna play that but if i do get one i might get bored easy. Like the wii that i have now haha

Jake
26-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Mines on pre-order.
Tbh the whole gaming industry sickens me now but ive been a nintendo fan since the n64 era & im going for a complete pal gamecube collection (currently on 361 games - less than 90 to go :D) & I actually loved the wii so im pretty excited about this one.

GommeInc
04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
This thread needs some revival now it is out :P

My brother has one. I am actually quite shocked at how amazing the Gamepad is on the console. It's reasonably comfortable and easy to use. I've not had a good play around with any games yet but I would certainly like to get a game which tests out the graphics capabilities some time soon as it does seem like a console with bright prospects if it can do that right. Unfortunately I have ACIII for the PS3 and Zombie games are not of any interest, so I might have to wait for Bayonetta II :P

Kardan
04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I probably won't be getting this considering my Wii is currently locked away in a darkened cupboard never to see the light of day again...

Doughnut
04-12-2012, 03:49 PM
They haven't advertised this very well... I've never heard of it xD

Kardan
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM
They haven't advertised this very well... I've never heard of it xD

I've seen a few TV adverts and many advertisements online, so I don't know where you've been!

Doughnut
04-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I've seen a few TV adverts and many advertisements online, so I don't know where you've been!

I'm probably just not watching the correct channels at the correct time, knowing me (;

It reminds me of a PSP or Gameboy tbh

xxMATTGxx
04-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm probably just not watching the correct channels at the correct time, knowing me (;

It reminds me of a PSP or Gameboy tbh

PSP / Gameboys were quite popular and had many adverts? I do wonder how many they have sold so far though. Maybe people don't want to buy one due to having a Wii and not being used hardly - Who knows :P

Doughnut
04-12-2012, 11:02 PM
PSP / Gameboys were quite popular and had many adverts? I do wonder how many they have sold so far though. Maybe people don't want to buy one due to having a Wii and not being used hardly - Who knows :P

Nono, I meant they're visually alike.

I'm not saying they're a perfect copy, but there's some similarities.

dbgtz
05-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Nono, I meant they're visually alike.

I'm not saying they're a perfect copy, but there's some similarities.

You realise it's not a portable console (as such)? :L

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fR_Yb7SQDuc/Tx7J0DCDOvI/AAAAAAAAEd8/9vXSRaZiLFM/s1600/wii-u_470x324.jpg

Martin
05-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Doesn't really appeal to me, but I can see why it would to a lot of people, and I know a couple of people are are getting one, I don't use my current wii too much though :(

Doughnut
05-12-2012, 04:03 PM
You realise it's not a portable console (as such)? :L

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fR_Yb7SQDuc/Tx7J0DCDOvI/AAAAAAAAEd8/9vXSRaZiLFM/s1600/wii-u_470x324.jpg

Yuss ;3 I just mean the kinda, layout of it reminds me of it.

I'll just shush hehe (;

zombies
25-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I really want one but I don't know if it's worth it.

HC
06-01-2013, 12:20 AM
I got a wii u, pm ur gamer tag if u want

zombies
06-01-2013, 12:52 AM
I wish I could have one but as people have said it'll become as unimportant as the Wii, unattended and lonely.

GommeInc
06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I wish I could have one but as people have said it'll become as unimportant as the Wii, unattended and lonely.
Which would be a shame. It has quite a lot of potential but Nintendo seem really anti-award/trophies which would clinch the deal if they weren't. Apparently the games are really good - Borderlands is better on the Wii U than the PS3, in a few comparison tests at least.

dbgtz
06-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Which would be a shame. It has quite a lot of potential but Nintendo seem really anti-award/trophies which would clinch the deal if they weren't. Apparently the games are really good - Borderlands is better on the Wii U than the PS3, in a few comparison tests at least.

Yeah but it is a generation ahead :P

GommeInc
06-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah but it is a generation ahead :P
True, it is its main downfall :P I remember when the Gamecube was released! It put the Playstation (and maybe the PS2) to shame, both game wise, graphically and it even had a usable UI! They need to sort out this online play problem they seem to have - I still don't understand why they're against having a Network that actually rivals the Playstation Network or Xbox Live :/ Nintendo Network is pretty useless as it goes. But then again, so was the Playstation Network when that came out. Trophies never came out until a while after.

HC
14-01-2013, 10:33 PM

I disagree. The Wii outsold the PS3 & Xbox 360.

dbgtz
14-01-2013, 10:43 PM

I assume you mean separately not combined? :P That's true but it's been selling piss poor recently & the Wii had little support from 3rd parties.

Kardan
14-01-2013, 10:47 PM

That doesn't mean it has been as successful. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are outselling the WiiU.

CrazyLemurs
15-01-2013, 08:24 AM
If a Final Fantasy release is planned then I might get it, otherwise sticking to getting a 3DS for Theatrhythm FF

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

Samantha
15-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I sort of want this now just to play super Mario brothers u and the other games. I think it was just a bit of a long time between the Wii and the Wii u releases bit that could just be me :P.

HC
15-01-2013, 11:37 AM
I sort of want this now just to play super Mario brothers u and the other games. I think it was just a bit of a long time between the Wii and the Wii u releases bit that could just be me :P.

It's awesome! Sometimes me and my brother make it a challenge for each other so 1 of us uses the wii-mote while the other uses the gamepad to block our path etc :O!!! But ya... A lot of the levels are much harder. and omg the Graphics O_O it's beautifullllll

Sian
16-01-2013, 12:38 PM
if they keep that promise of bring out a proper set of games aimed at hardcore, and non-family stuff then I might.

GommeInc
16-01-2013, 04:52 PM
If Nintendo bring out a Pokémon game in full-HD, in a free roam world I'd buy it. I haven't played Pokémon since Diamond and a complete new console direction would be amazing. Nintendo seem afraid to innovate with their games and exclusives :/ Heck, a 3D Sonic that's a bit like Sonic Adventure wouldn't go amiss, that franchise was incredibly popular.

dbgtz
17-01-2013, 06:20 PM
If Nintendo bring out a Pokémon game in full-HD, in a free roam world I'd buy it. I haven't played Pokémon since Diamond and a complete new console direction would be amazing. Nintendo seem afraid to innovate with their games and exclusives :/ Heck, a 3D Sonic that's a bit like Sonic Adventure wouldn't go amiss, that franchise was incredibly popular.

One would ask what would be the point when it sells ridiculous amounts anyway.

Kardan
17-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Because a full HD free roam would sell a ridiculous amount as well. I mean, the two GameCube games Colosseum and XD were good, but now they've got the power to create a fully free roam world with HD graphics - it'd be amazing.

dbgtz
17-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Because a full HD free roam would sell a ridiculous amount as well. I mean, the two GameCube games Colosseum and XD were good, but now they've got the power to create a fully free roam world with HD graphics - it'd be amazing.

Why invest more for identical sales?

GommeInc
20-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Do you mean the current DS franchise they have? It would certainly appeal to a console based market. A 3D, free roam world in full HD Pokémon would give the franchise a reboot. I would certainly buy a console Pokémon game because Pokémon Snap and Colosseum were incredibly popular, and you see Pokémon in a way that you wouldn't normally see them - the DS games rely on the player's imagination, while Colosseum represented the behaviour of the creatures in a way similar to the TV programme.

Why invest more for identical sales?
Sales non-the-less.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!