PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Arrangements

Alex3213
25-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Do you have any arrangements for Christmas which happen on an annual basis?

For me, almost every Boxing Day, my Mum's side of the family tend to get together and go to a restaurant for a few hours as we live quite far away from each other. I normally see the other side of my family in the New Year though because my Granddad's birthday is in early January.

What about you? Have you made any plans to see family or friends this year?

Conspiracy.
25-11-2012, 01:48 PM
My family live close to me :) Normally my nan comes to visit us on Christmas day but she broke her leg a few months ago :( we will go and see her :)

Shar
25-11-2012, 01:51 PM
family live close and usually come to my house

Mark
25-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Since my parents have split up for years my Mum and Dad have taken turn about to make Xmas dinner. This year I'm at my Mum's and we have Xmas dinner etc then at night I go to my Dad's. It's usually just Me, Brother, Mum, Mum's partner and sometimes my Mum's Partner's two girls.

Red
25-11-2012, 02:02 PM
All the fam head over to my cousins house on christmas night. Boxing day, we have my granda and great granny round for dinner :)

the.games
25-11-2012, 02:12 PM
My 'rota' is quite repetitive although it alternates each year.

Christmas Eve - Mum, Christmas Morning - Mum, Christmas Afternoon/Evening - Dad and Grandparents (His Side), Boxing day - Dad and Grandparents (His Side), and that's it really :P.

Chris
25-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Family comes to us xmas day & night but it might be difficult this year due to my grandad breaking his femur. We also go to my aunties at night on boxing day.

iLogan
25-11-2012, 02:34 PM
see family

sophiethenerd
25-11-2012, 02:35 PM
We visit people before Christmas and spend Christmas at home only my mum my dad and me. Its nice.

Mr-Trainor
25-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Not really the same every year, but this year I *think* we'll be staying home but some family, like my nephew, will be coming over. On Boxing Day we usually have a few people coming for dinner as well.

Smurfed-
25-11-2012, 04:49 PM
We always go to a neighbours for drinks on Christmas Eve. It's not really an arrangement but I'm working on Christmas Day this year, does that count?

David
25-11-2012, 04:52 PM
ordering a chinese, **** christmas

http://andyinc.org/plantcells/grinch1.gif

Lee
25-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Always go to my grandparents for dinner then spend the day there and on Boxing day its my nan's birthday so we're back down there for christmas dinner V2 and I go to watch the rugby woop Mathew;

geo
25-11-2012, 07:07 PM
my mums side of the family live close, so i would imagine some of them will come to our house, like my nan & granddad, auntie, uncle and younger cousin. i love it when christmas is at my houseeee

j0rd
25-11-2012, 07:10 PM
12 pubs of Christmas

LiquidLuck.
25-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Ugh I don't even want to go this year. -.- Every single year, since my parents divorced when I was 3, we've been jumping from my dad's to my mother's.. Well kind of. On the night of the 24th, we go to my aunt's (dad's sister) and spend the night there. In the morning (YES FREAKING 7AM!) we get on a bus to the south of Portugal (stupidly cold place -.-) to go to my grandparents' (mother's parents).. It's so annoying we can't spend it together.. I had an argument with my mother about this and she told me not to go so.. I'm seriously considering that. -.-

Mikey
25-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Normally for us we all wake up and then call my Gran up to come along. When she comes along we start opening presents and then after presents we have breakfast. After breakfast we normally just play around with the stuff we have and chat etc. Everyone then gets ready to go to my aunts house for the day, open presents etc have lunch. Come home, have christmas dinner and then watch some christmas telly or just chat for ages.

The end.

Ekelektra
26-11-2012, 12:15 AM
The night before we always leave stuff out for Santa and write a letter and then all go to bed early, all because my brother still believed. But this year is the first year everyone in the house 'knows the Christmas secret' so it will all probably be different.

On the 25th we always have Christmas lunch with my Grandparents and cousins on dad's side, either at our house or the cousins' house on alternative years except this year the cousins' are going interstate so lunch will probably be here (hope not) or my Grandparents' and we might even do something the week before all together I really don't know what's happening.

Boxing Day for the last couple of years we've had my mum's Auntie over for lunch and then usually someone else too. Last year it was my mum's two brothers and their partners and they year before was my dad's friends.

Nick
26-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Well my family flys to the otherside of australia to stay with my nan and pop and on xmas day all my cousins, auntys and uncles n that come over for lunch. Quite excited for this year haha

CrazyLemurs
26-11-2012, 08:14 AM
We'll have my brother and/or sister and their families round for the Christmas roast, we have done every year since they moved out
Apart from that, absolutely nothing
Mum was like "No of course we arent doing new year's this year"

Added:
Omg forgot my dad LOL
Usually go and see him for 5-6 days between Christmas and New Year

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

Jurv
26-11-2012, 01:34 PM
on christmas eve all of my family have a huge get-together at my nannas house and afterwards i go to my dads (cos we dont live together) and that's it really. we don't do anything on boxing day but we have my nanna round for dinner on new years eve

Shockwave.2CC
26-11-2012, 01:37 PM
This Christmas we are going round my sisters house for xmas dinner and also opening the prezzies over there aswell.

So it'll be me, Mother, Father, Sister and maybe Sisters house guest

Aaron
26-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Usually - Dinner in my nanny's house with all the family, dinner in mine Stephens Day (Boxing day) then New years eve - Party in my aunties - entire family goes to that then dinner on New Years day in my nannys.

Although this year will be different as we're going skiing this Christmas, so Christmas day/Stephens day will be different for us but New years will be back to normal! :P

Samantha
27-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Family on Christmas Day, go to my Auntie's and Uncle's house for a bit and come home really.

Catchy
27-11-2012, 07:18 PM
No don't see any other family on xmas day usually, sometimes family friends come round this year my mums bf has moved in so his kids are coming, excited to meet them and have a drink with em!!

Mathew
29-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Always go to my grandparents for dinner then spend the day there and on Boxing day its my nan's birthday so we're back down there for christmas dinner V2 and I go to watch the rugby woop @Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230);

Yepppp, we'll be going to see the annual derby on Boxing Day too. Can't wait for the new season to start. :)

Lee
29-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Yepppp, we'll be going to see the annual derby on Boxing Day too. Can't wait for the new season to start. :)

Yep christmas wouldn't be the same! Woo me too seen the fixtures where out can't wait now.

Martin
29-11-2012, 10:31 AM
My brothers family are coming for christmas tea this year. We normally rotate each year so one year we go to their house one year they come to our house. I NEEDA PROVIDE A BIG BUFFET WOOOO

Doughnut
29-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Not really.
Before the divorce between my parents, we just used to have a small meetup on christmas eve.

Then when they split up, I went to my dads on boxing day for a christmas meal.

But now I don't talk to my dad, so I just have christmas with my mum. No more family meetups etc

Sian
29-11-2012, 11:49 AM
i go back from uni around the 20th (22nd this year) gran and grandad come round xmas day and we eat lots of food and watch all the xmas specials. Sometimes we spend boxing day at the grandparents, then i sod off back to uni for new year.

Rozi
29-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Staying with my mum on Christmas day this year at home and my Granny and uncle will come round and my brother will be home

But for the first time ever we're breaking our crimbo tradition cause instead of going to my dads brothers on boxing day, were going to my sisters! Yaaaaaay

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 01:29 PM
When me and my brother and sister were younger we used to all hang out with our parents all day on Christmas and it was a family thing I always looked forward to. Since the divorce though, none of us are as close as we used to be, and my mom wants her boyfriend (who my brother and I have good reason to dislike) to be involved with Christmas this year which makes me completely sick and isn't something I'm comfortable with. Probably due to that and also due to my exam schedule, I'm not really looking forward to Christmas at all, and would prefer to just skip right over December entirely.

SackRace
29-11-2012, 04:19 PM
We usually have a mini party because we all live somewhere different, some years we don't so yeah.

Hollie
29-11-2012, 05:22 PM
We usually go to my Grandma's on Christmas day with my mum's side of the family and then I always go to my dad's on boxing day woo

shiver
02-12-2012, 08:45 PM
christmas day is usually just me and my mum, dad and sister, but the whole family come down during the course day for a while. it's nice to see everyone :) X

then on boxing day we meet up properly and have a gathering usually at my aunt's house. it's fabulous and full of wine.

Matthew
02-12-2012, 09:26 PM
We always go and see my grandma. She used to come to ours for xmas but its hard for her now :(

This will be her 99th​ christmas! amazing :D

Succubus
03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Family and friends on Xmas eve. To have a nice dinner and little social party.

RyRy
03-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Kind of. My family is split between Liverpool, Surrey & Devon so the past few years all the fam from my mums side have come down from Liverpool to Surrey, so we just trip over there too. We never really spend Christmas with my dads side of the family, but there's no bad reason for that except my grandparents on his side passed away a while back so we never really bother going up north for Christmas.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!