PDA

View Full Version : Smaller contract length

GoldenMerc
25-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Well i remember back a few years ago you could get like 6,12,24 month contracts, Now it seems to just be 24 month? Is there anywhere that does 6 month contracts? For decent phones like Nexus range etc
Ross

Catchy
25-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Good luck in finding one of those Ross, I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure most networks are lit only 24 months now, a few may still be doing 12 month contracts but sure they're more expensive.

Recursion
25-11-2012, 05:49 PM
18 or 24 month is the norm, and I'll be VERY surprised if you'd get a decent phone without cost on a 6 or 12 month.

GoldenMerc
25-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Good luck in finding one of those Ross, I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure most networks are lit only 24 months now, a few may still be doing 12 month contracts but sure they're more expensive.
Yeh expecting fairly expensive, more expensive than my current £55 a month

18 or 24 month is the norm, and I'll be VERY surprised if you'd get a decent phone without cost on a 6 or 12 month.
Yeh, Well i could trade my s2 in, put it towards the cost I guess.

Catchy
25-11-2012, 06:09 PM
ross what is the bloody point, just buy a nexus on pay as you go? otherwise you're basically just throwing money away

Mark
25-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Vodafone have started a new 12 month contract but you rent the phone from them I think.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-monthly/vodafone-red-hot/index.htm

From their site:
"How does it work?
As an example, you can get the Samsung Galaxy SIII for just £47 a month on a 12-month plan. You'll get unlimited calls and texts, and a massive 2GB of internet - and you'll be insured too.
Then, after a year, you can swap it for what's hot. Or if you've got your eye on a new phone that's about to launch, you can hold on for a few months and get the phone you want when it's out."

GoldenMerc
25-11-2012, 06:16 PM
ross what is the bloody point, just buy a nexus on pay as you go? otherwise you're basically just throwing money away
Starting to agree with you, one can only dream of getting a new phone every 6 month, Can't find anything thats half decent

Vodafone have started a new 12 month contract but you rent the phone from them I think.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-monthly/vodafone-red-hot/index.htm

From their site:
"How does it work?
As an example, you can get the Samsung Galaxy SIII for just £47 a month on a 12-month plan. You'll get unlimited calls and texts, and a massive 2GB of internet - and you'll be insured too.
Then, after a year, you can swap it for what's hot. Or if you've got your eye on a new phone that's about to launch, you can hold on for a few months and get the phone you want when it's out."

Can't get vodafone where i live unfortunately plus wanting a 6 month reallyyyyy.
Ross

Ashley
25-11-2012, 06:17 PM
You can get an 18 month contract if you're willing to pay a bit more upfront for the phone, or if you buy the phone unlocked you can get a 12 month SIM-only contract. If you're really after 6 months, you can get the pre-paid 1 month SIM-only contract and renew it every month.

Chippiewill
25-11-2012, 06:21 PM
The savings you'd make on a phone on a 6-12 month contract would be pointless. Go on a 1 month contract and buy the phone yourself. iirc the Nexus 4 is super cheap for what it is.

Nige
26-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Sadly you can only get 24-month plans these days.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!