PDA

View Full Version : Where have you been offered for University?

iBlueBox
27-11-2012, 04:07 PM
So If you've sent of your UCAS application, who have you been giving offers by so far?

I sent mine off on Wednesday, got one on Monday for Liverpool John Moores.

Kardan
27-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I applied two years ago now, got offers from Loughborough, Leicester, Nottingham Trent, Derby and Coventry :)

Shar
27-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Well done iBlueBox. Where did you apply and for what? :)
Hated waiting for interviews/offers last year, good luck whoever's applying this year!

iBlueBox
27-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Well done @iBlueBox (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55921). Where did you apply and for what? :)
Hated waiting for interviews/offers last year, good luck whoever's applying this year!

I'm going into Multimedia and Internet Technology ( However the course is called like something different in each University )

I've applied for,

Liverpool John Moores,
Salford,
Chester,
Bangor,
Glyndwr ( As a back-up / last resort Uni )

Munex
27-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I've literally sent it off today! Awaiting results...

Mr-Trainor
27-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Mine was sent off on Friday, so I'm just waiting for replies now. I've applied for Business Management (2 choices) and Accounting & Finance (3 choices). I wasn't sure exactly which course I wanted to do, but my top choice is KCL (Kings) - just hoping I get an offer there!

iBlueBox
28-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Just got another Conditional from Bangor! :D

Sian
29-11-2012, 12:00 PM
3 years ago now :o I had offers from winchester, worcester, liverpool and bournemouth.

iBlueBox
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Omg! So happy got an offer from the main university I wanted to go to Salford!

Mr-Trainor
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Omg! So happy got an offer from the main university I wanted to go to Salford!
Well done :D. Still waiting to hear from my top choice :(.

iBlueBox
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Well done :D. Still waiting to hear from my top choice :(.

I know some people have waited a while but It really depends on your course and Universities! :D

iBlueBox
05-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Sorry for the double post but,

Just got another offer from Glyndwr University. :P

Zak
09-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I only got offers from DMU and Coventry.

Coventry wanted me to stay on and do my Masters (once i finished) in either business or computer science though. I declined obv though!

Sho
11-12-2012, 02:08 AM
When I applied last year I applied for Liverpool, Aberystwyth, Bangor, Glyndwr and Chester.
I got a conditional from Glyndwr and Chester, and an unconditional from Aberystwyth and Bangor :D

:Markster:
11-12-2012, 02:14 AM
When i applied i only chose 3 unis - St. Andrews, Glasgow, Stirling and got conditionals from all 3 but didn't make any one of them :P

Munex
11-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Had two offers, one from my local and one from Greenwich. Got an interview from Manchester but had a change of heart and don't want to go there, so I'm simply ignoring them - am I even allowed to do that?

Awaiting results from Sheffield and London Southbank.

I'm hoping to go to a uni near my best friend - I feel it's going to be very unlikely for us both to get the right grades, though.

Teabags
30-12-2012, 04:40 PM
bit late?
newcastle
liverpool
sheffield
hull
chester

noddy
31-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I have an interview at Brunel in late Jan, but I haven't had any other offers yet (fingers crossed)

lawrawrrr
31-12-2012, 03:04 PM
When I applied last year I applied for Liverpool, Aberystwyth, Bangor, Glyndwr and Chester.
I got a conditional from Glyndwr and Chester, and an unconditional from Aberystwyth and Bangor :D

ABERYSTWYTH IS AWESOME have you chosen one yet though??

I'm now looking at uni courses for a masters degree :(

Sho
31-12-2012, 03:08 PM
ABERYSTWYTH IS AWESOME have you chosen one yet though??

I'm now looking at uni courses for a masters degree :(

I was going to go to Aberystwyth!! :( I changed my mind last minute and went to Bangor :)

lawrawrrr
31-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I was going to go to Aberystwyth!! :( I changed my mind last minute and went to Bangor :)

damn :( what are you studying?

Sho
31-12-2012, 03:40 PM
damn :( what are you studying?

Childhood studies :) What about you?

Recursion
31-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I applied two years ago now, got offers from Loughborough, Leicester, Nottingham Trent, Derby and Coventry :)

Loughborough is an amazing Uni, would deffo recommend it! :P

Kardan
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Loughborough is an amazing Uni, would deffo recommend it! :P

Yup, I'm at Loughborough now, it's great :)

noddy
01-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Yup, I'm at Loughborough now, it's great :)

What's the nightlife like? I'm hoping to go there.

Kardan
02-01-2013, 06:12 PM
What's the nightlife like? I'm hoping to go there.

Very good, on campus nightlife is a lot better than the off campus nightlife... But both are good :)

Chippiewill
02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Received offers from Nottingham, Loughborough and Leicester so far. Still waiting on York and Southampton.

noddy
02-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Very good, on campus nightlife is a lot better than the off campus nightlife... But both are good :)

That's great to hear! Just waiting for that offer now :P

Yupt
03-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Got my 4 offers from Gloucestershire (first choice), Leeds, Oxford Brookes and Portsmouth.

the fifth was UCA which I declined an interview for.

Zak
03-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Good luck to all those who are going to university. They're making qualifications easier to get it seems, university may seem hard at the time but in reality when you enter the 'real-world' of a full-time job you'll look back and think "boy that wasn't so hard, what was I complaining about" :P

Getting my degree was one of the proudest things I did. They wanted me to stay on and do my Masters but I couldn't bare education any longer :P

Yupt
04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Good luck to all those who are going to university. They're making qualifications easier to get it seems, university may seem hard at the time but in reality when you enter the 'real-world' of a full-time job you'll look back and think "boy that wasn't so hard, what was I complaining about" :P

Getting my degree was one of the proudest things I did. They wanted me to stay on and do my Masters but I couldn't bare education any longer :P

Perhaps the actual courses are easier, but they are also more expensive. So less people actually applying it would seem. They may say other things but from what i've been told for my course is that they're struggling to get people on board hence why i've already got my offers for deferred entry.

Zak
04-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Perhaps the actual courses are easier, but they are also more expensive. So less people actually applying it would seem. They may say other things but from what i've been told for my course is that they're struggling to get people on board hence why i've already got my offers for deferred entry.

It's going the way it has in America. Student gets huge loan and get a worthless piece of paper at the end. Whereas my interest rate is 1.5% yours will/is 6.6% and that'll screw you over.

Basically it's all a ploy to force you into employment/keep you in debt :P

Okeanos
05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
It's going the way it has in America. Student gets huge loan and get a worthless piece of paper at the end. Whereas my interest rate is 1.5% yours will/is 6.6% and that'll screw you over.

Basically it's all a ploy to force you into employment/keep you in debt :P

Your interest rates might change in time, nothing is 100% fixed and certain - a future government might raise them in line with current students' rates.

Zak
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Your interest rates might change in time, nothing is 100% fixed and certain - a future government might raise them in line with current students' rates.

Yeh you're right they can rise. But they only rise because of inflation and I think the max mine can go up to is 3.6% x

Charz777
07-01-2013, 01:28 AM

Easy courses? Try taking a mathematics degree!

Mr-Trainor
09-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Got an email from Kings, just saying that they're carefully considering my application :P.

Rozi
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Literally only just applied

applied to:

Kent
Surrey
Oxford Brookes
Anglia Ruskin
Brighton

noddy
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Yay! I have offers from Nottingham, Nottingham Trent and Loughborough. Interview at brunel on 30th and should get an offer after that!

luce
14-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Mine was sent off on Friday, so I'm just waiting for replies now. I've applied for Business Management (2 choices) and Accounting & Finance (3 choices). I wasn't sure exactly which course I wanted to do, but my top choice is KCL (Kings) - just hoping I get an offer there!

boo kings. Last year got offers from UCL, Manc, B'ham and Royal Holloway. Only wanted to go to UCL and that's where i'm at now.

@Zak it depends where you go and what you take. My degree is hard and not a worthless piece of paper, without this piece of paper I wouldn't touch the career I want haha.

Catchy
30-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Midwifery interviews at both the university of greenwich and the university of nottingham, awaiting to hear back from 2 other unis now!! So annoying for me though as I wont find out if I have offers until after my interviews which can take upto 4 weeks after :(

Mr-Trainor
31-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm still waiting on KCL :(.

Midwifery interviews at both the university of greenwich and the university of nottingham, awaiting to hear back from 2 other unis now!! So annoying for me though as I wont find out if I have offers until after my interviews which can take upto 4 weeks after :(
Hopefully they won't take the whole 4 weeks! I know someone who had an interview and got an offer the next day, although that was a different course though :P.

Catchy
31-01-2013, 05:32 PM

Hopefully they won't take the whole 4 weeks! I know someone who had an interview and got an offer the next day, although that was a different course though :P.

Yeah my mum found out a few days later for hers however this was about 8 yrs or somet ago haha there were no places but they offered it her for the following year.

Shar
31-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Most unis take their time giving interview invites/giving the result of the interview. Think positive, hopefully you'll hear from Kings soon!

Mr-Trainor
31-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Most unis take their time giving interview invites/giving the result of the interview. Think positive, hopefully you'll hear from Kings soon!
Oh I didn't have an interview there, if that's what you're thinking :P. But yeah hopefully :).

Rozi
05-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Got an unconditional offer from Portsmouth today! Not my fave option but it's nice to know they want me, and I'll have a place.

Volcano
06-02-2013, 12:09 AM
I wanna go to university :(

Shar
06-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Got an unconditional offer from Portsmouth today! Not my fave option but it's nice to know they want me, and I'll have a place.
Well done Rosie!

Rozi
21-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Got offers from all my unis now!

2 unconditionals from Anglia Ruskin and Portsmouth
3 Conditionals: ABB from Surrey, BBB from Brighton and Kent

Chippiewill
21-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Recieved an AAA offer from York earlier this week. Still waiting on Southampton.

Mr-Trainor
22-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Got offers from all my unis now!

2 unconditionals from Anglia Ruskin and Portsmouth
3 Conditionals: ABB from Surrey, BBB from Brighton and Kent

Recieved an AAA offer from York earlier this week. Still waiting on Southampton.
^ Well done :D!
I'm still waiting on Kings, but hoping no news is good news as my tutor says :P.

Jack!
23-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Leicester, Derby, Coventry, Nottingham Trent.

Catchetat
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
well done people!

Alkaz
06-03-2013, 11:52 PM
You have all got offers early compared to me. I still have interviews to attend in April :o

Applied for Architecture at: Westminster, London Met, Kent, Greenwich, Southbank

Shar
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
You have all got offers early compared to me. I still have interviews to attend in April :o

Applied for Architecture at: Westminster, London Met, Kent, Greenwich, Southbank
If you have interviews you end up waiting even longer than those who don't. Good luck Joe :)

Glen Coco
08-03-2013, 02:44 PM
i only applied for 2 courses... both veterinary nursing one was an honors and one a foundation - both at the same place.
so if i weren't to get it i'd be screwed pretty much.
anyway, went for an interview / selection day where there was a one on one interview, a tour, a group discussion and then individual tasks.
there's something like 280 applicants and only like 17 places for each course.

OMG I GOT A CONDITIONAL!
just got the email through, i've been so nervous!

Threads merged by Matts (Forum Super Moderator)

RyRy
08-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Where'd you get in? My girlfriend applied for veterinary... not sure if it was nursing or medicine, dunno the difference personally but yeah :P

zombies
08-03-2013, 05:47 PM
congratulations and good luck :-)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!