PDA

View Full Version : 'Habbo Hopes For New Life As A Gaming Platform'

Michael
28-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Accidentally clicked news when googling Habbo, came up with lots of articles about this:

After Losing Over Half Its 9M Users In A Pedophile Scandal, Habbo Hotel Hopes For New Life As A Gaming Platform

Habbo Hotel, the under-21 social networking site that had to close down and then “mute” users over the summer after it was discovered that people were using it to send minors illicit content, is opening a new line of business: as a youth-focused online gaming platform.

From today, site owner Sulake is launching a set of APIs for people to publish games that can be distributed on its network. It hopes that the effort will help it pick up significant ground that it has lost in recent months: Habbo says it currently counts 4 million monthly users across 150 countries and 12 languages; before the scandal hit, Habbo Hotel had 9 million monthly visitors.

The target audience, it says, are 13-18 year-olds. Habbo says that it will be marketing to them with a newly positioned games center in its main menu. Games can be promoted for free (for now) and appear to be free, getting monetized through in-app credits and advertising. We’re asking Habbo whether games will follow the conventional 30/70 revenue share split or something else.

To avoid some of the problems of relaxed governance that got Habbo into hot water in the first place, the company is specifically laying out what is not allowed into these games, with the list including “raw violence”, nudity, drugs, racism, bad language, and political and religious content. In contrast with Zynga, which is interested in doing more with gambling to improve the margins on its social games business, Habbo specifically forbids it.

That relaxed governance not only lost Habbo over half its users, but it also meant that one of its key investors, Balderton, also backed out of its relationship with the company.

Habbo already has a track record as a gaming platform, but for games it develops itself. This move opens the platform to significantly more activity from others, and puts Habbo in line with other online gaming contenders like Gree, Zynga and of course the biggest social-network-as-gaming-platform of all, Facebook. Developers that have already signed on include Chat Republic and Seepia, the company says, and that trial usage so far has been encouraging, if perhaps a little empty in its early days.

“We have been thrilled to work with such a great bunch of talented game studios,” Antti Viitanen, Sulake EVP New Revenue, said in a statement. “Habbo offers developers globally a great opportunity to create games for the huge Habbo user base, especially now, when the platform isn’t yet crowded with games.”

If opening to third parties does not take off — or even if it does — Habbo may also find it has a lease of life through anonymized data it collects on the key youth demographic.

Habbo’s API documentation gives some interesting insight into what platforms are the most popular with Habbo’s young users at the moment. The vast majority, over 90%, of users play on Windows machines, with only 6% on Macs, and mobile platforms like iPhone or Android each accounting for 1% or less of usage. About half of all users are accessing Habbo via Google’s Chrome browser. And given that the network is mainly used for conversations and interactions, device usage is just the tip of the data iceberg for the company.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/27/after-losing-over-half-its-9m-users-in-a-pedophile-scandal-habbo-hotel-hopes-for-new-life-as-a-gaming-platform/

API Docs released too: https://dev.habbo.com/docs/General/Getting_Started

Closed by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Due to off topic posts / arguments.

Nige
28-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Very interesting, under 21-social networking.. I was unaware of that.

I personally think Habbo has lost it's users for good.

Catchy
28-11-2012, 08:41 PM
For god sake, does anybody even want games? I couldn't care less about the crappy games that they keep introducing. Habbo isn't what it used to be and it seems they're really drifting away from what it used to be about, a community!

Red
28-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Awful. Habbo is no place for these god awful games. They really don't have a clue.

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I loved the operating system statistic. But yeah I guess we knew this was happening with the launch of the games centre and then the dev site.

BreakfastBacon
28-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Habbo what R you doin'? Habbo Stahp. I miss old habbo way way WAY to many crap changes going on now.

---------- Post added 28-11-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

I don't think habbo realised no one plays those games.

Philly
28-11-2012, 08:54 PM
It's sort of going the way of the dodo bird, eh? They probably need to focus on a different demographic. Farmville for Habbo ain't gonna cut it.

geo
28-11-2012, 09:06 PM
More games..... fun! They need to think of better ways to work this out, like maybe making the promotion things free for a start and then bringing back old ways that were popular. Listening to users would be better too.

Catchy
28-11-2012, 09:13 PM
More games..... fun! They need to think of better ways to work this out, like maybe making the promotion things free for a start and then bringing back old ways that were popular. Listening to users would be better too.

Once we think they're finally listening to us it goes right back in the opposite direction ffs

Michael
28-11-2012, 09:16 PM
The title is ''Habbo Habbo Hopes For New Life As A Gaming Platform'' - they obviously feel Habbo is dead and they need to change, which is why they are going towards gaming.

auffant1
28-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow............

Well this is the end of Habbo, bringing random games into the the Hotel. Imo maybe if they listened to what we want they could bring back some of their users, but in reality they don't listen and probably never will.....hopeless.

Abdicators
28-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Docs and API are no good to anyone without an account in the development center, so that you can create a game and have your api keys.

Additionally, that article is full of blown up garbage. The scandal was never anything to do with peadophiles, it was to do with poor moderation of a teen service. No peadophile was ever caught or charged over the period of the scandal.

Explorator
28-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Welcome to habbo hotel, We will supply you with all of your unnecessary things, but when it comes to listening we suck!

:Act
29-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Terribly frustrating! Habbo always was a social networking site. It was less about the games and more about the interaction, the friends, the community. So what do Habbo do in their hour of need? Turn it into a games site. Perfect logic.... idiots. Why would people go on Habbo to play their simple games (Speedway) when you have a plethora of sites dedicated to good games, with new ones being added daily! Habbo is NOT a gaming site, it is a social networking site!

Just when I thought staff were getting the right idea with recent updates, you suddenly see they go the complete other way with it.

Let's make this very clear to staff.. You want to save Habbo from the brink? Get rid of Facebook integration, get rid of news via Twitter, bring back the articles page, bring back the visible staff and moderator presence. Make it feel like we are a part of something. I go on Habbo and I feel completely alone! Half my friends are sat in boosting rooms AFK, the (very few) games around that you can play are all Wired so there is no host, and the players barely talk to each other. In effect, bring back the community! Isolating Habbos even further through non-communicative games is NOT going to help you! Look at Habbo circa 2005-2009 - Those years were amazing for community! That is the point of a social networking site: to create a mini society, another community, another social world!

Get it together Habbo! Seriously.. do it now. Before it's too late. Speak to your users and listen. We are your customers and take heed. We aren't as daft as you may think we are..

Red
29-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Docs and API are no good to anyone without an account in the development center, so that you can create a game and have your api keys.

Additionally, that article is full of blown up garbage. The scandal was never anything to do with peadophiles, it was to do with poor moderation of a teen service. No peadophile was ever caught or charged over the period of the scandal.

Well I have heard before they they are extending 3rd party games and yes from the c4 news report, I distinctively remember the term 'paedophile haven' being thrown around.

Abdicators
29-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Well I have heard before they they are extending 3rd party games and yes from the c4 news report, I distinctively remember the term 'paedophile haven' being thrown around.

As far I remember, the original report said nothing about paedophiles, infact I'm very sure of it

http://www.channel4.com/news/striptease-and-cyber-sex-my-stay-at-habbo-hotel

It was blown to by journalists and other media.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 12:10 PM
As far I remember, the original report said nothing about paedophiles, infact I'm very sure of it

The term "paedophiles" was used by the media. It may not be the case of Habbo and yes no one was caught but the term was actually used.

HOSKO02
29-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Let's make this very clear to staff.. You want to save Habbo from the brink? Get rid of Facebook integration, get rid of news via Twitter, bring back the articles page, bring back the visible staff and moderator presence. Make it feel like we are a part of something. I go on Habbo and I feel completely alone! Half my friends are sat in boosting rooms AFK, the (very few) games around that you can play are all Wired so there is no host, and the players barely talk to each other. In effect, bring back the community! Isolating Habbos even further through non-communicative games is NOT going to help you! Look at Habbo circa 2005-2009 - Those years were amazing for community! That is the point of a social networking site: to create a mini society, another community, another social world!

Agree with all these points made, would add that smaller hotel fosters better community. Post-merge and post-BETA, mad account deletion and the creation of a flagship website did nothing for the community. Going on a 2am GMT used to be where you'd find the most interesting of nightcrawlers in their scripted rooms with plenty to say about real topics, the ebb and flow of peak times etc added life to the hotel, now it's just all the New World players on in peak time.

The account deletion and removal of public rooms was a big guillotine to the very heart of the hotel, one of the sites strengths over sites like Facebook, Twitter, IMVU, Second Life etc was its history. The public rooms were the greatest familiarity to returning members, and it was already repping 5+ years before YouTube showed up. The website survived when titans like Sims Online and Coke Studios fell, paralleled by other popular sites of similar age (Runescape, Neopets). The rooms created in the early years held social memes, trends in pop culture, showed the stretches of design Habbos could apply to the then limited furni range, it was the historical iceberg beneath the surface, the maze of creation and past communities held in time, all gone. And all the photos? Well instead of pursuing the scripted ones, a small portion of what were the thousands of others, each one an in-game capture of life on the hotel, they wiped them all, again, ignoring users.

/rant. The point is here, for those outside of the hotel, it's a silly game they can't understand an affection for, but for those that got lost in it a few nights a week, built entire friendship bases, knew all there was to know and did their best to be involved and create, they were the lifeblood, loyal users retained community relations - not swathes of T driven newcomers, but it is this audience that has had all the attention and direction of the hotel since then and will, inevitably, continue to have as long as it is profitable.

Red
29-11-2012, 12:11 PM

Pretty sure they used that term and during the report talked about men who had been arrested for it?

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Pretty sure they used that term and during the report talked about men who had been arrested for it?

Oh snap...

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/11/29/d0v9j.png

Also if you watch the video of the news report on that Channel 4 link you posted the man mentions the word in the first 16 seconds.

Abdicators
29-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Oh snap...

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/11/29/d0v9j.png

Also if you watch the video of the news report on that Channel 4 link you posted the man mentions the word in the first 16 seconds.

Simply examples of other journalists blowing up the report. Neither of those people wrote the original, and in response to Red, I think the fact that its known that Sulake has assisted in comprehending paedophiles can't be anything but positive. Many services have paedophiles, including and god forbid, Facebook!

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Simply examples of other journalists blowing up the report. Neither of those people wrote the original, and in response to Red, I think the fact that its known that Sulake has assisted in comprehending paedophiles can't be anything but positive. Many services have paedophiles, including and god forbid, Facebook!

What report are we talking here? Sulake aren't going to start talking about paedophiles. The whole report which caused the mutes contained the word paedophiles many many times across many websites. My image was taken from the link you posted - The Channel 4 News site.

The scandal was never anything to do with peadophiles, it was to do with poor moderation of a teen service. No peadophile was ever caught or charged over the period of the scandal.

It was about people saying sexual stuff to other uses and Channel 4 then said Habbo Hotel has peadophiles. Which is probably a high chance as most services have people like that. Then they talked about poor moderation because it all links together. It was said in the report by Channel 4 which kicked the whole thing off. Sulake then decided to mute the hotel - This then lost them a lot of users if you haven't noticed - Again, this is linked.

Red
29-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, I am fully aware there are paedophiles on many sites and I didn't agree with the c4 report but they still spoke about it! That image isn't examples of other journalists blowing it up :S. It's a screenshot of the c4 report. You can see Jon Snow's head. lmao

GommeInc
29-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Self-inflicted, no sympathy. Someone put it outs of its misery and just shoot Paul/Habbo/Sulake. I would but I'm allergic to stupidtiococcus ignoramaschlamydimbecilio.

Lee
29-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't think habbo will retain the old users.

karter
29-11-2012, 01:28 PM
9 million users is not a joke. the way they are changing habbo and living in a delusion that habbos are satisfied now, I don't think there will be an increase in the users

Also, I doubt the new users will like anything in habbo at the moment

Andii
29-11-2012, 01:42 PM
For god sake, does anybody even want games? I couldn't care less about the crappy games that they keep introducing. Habbo isn't what it used to be and it seems they're really drifting away from what it used to be about, a community!

Agreed completely even tho I play Habbo raceway a bit ;) lolol but it still shouldn't change the way it is :/ it should be focusing on more clothes more things to get people together like group comps or even better like introduce group games where randomers meet other randomers ;)

LoveToStack
29-11-2012, 02:06 PM
The people making decisions are so out of touch it's painful. Putting such a huge emphasis on games screams desperation, especially when you consider that they axed SnowStorm, BattleBall and Wobble Squabble without batting an eyelid not so long ago. Why is it that no one working for the company can recognise that while those games were popular, it was because they were free, fun, multiplayer games which always had a plethora of people dying to play them.

Compare them with that food parachute game designed to disguise the mute, a game where the only interaction is clicking a static button, and you can see the disconnect.

There are hundreds of sites which do flash games better than Habbo, not to mention the Gaming and Race Rooms section of the popular list which offers dozens of user-designed games which are each more creative and interactive that any garbage Habbo **** out.

People have been saying it for a long time but this whole last year has got me genuinely believing that the site won't be around too much longer. People who suffered through terrible update after terrible update over the years have had enough. The mute, the non-existent moderation and community and the fact that the hotel is a ghost-town (even at peak times) are the straws which broke the camel's back.

29-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Agree with all these points made, would add that smaller hotel fosters better community. Post-merge and post-BETA, mad account deletion and the creation of a flagship website did nothing for the community. Going on a 2am GMT used to be where you'd find the most interesting of nightcrawlers in their scripted rooms with plenty to say about real topics, the ebb and flow of peak times etc added life to the hotel, now it's just all the New World players on in peak time.

The account deletion and removal of public rooms was a big guillotine to the very heart of the hotel, one of the sites strengths over sites like Facebook, Twitter, IMVU, Second Life etc was its history. The public rooms were the greatest familiarity to returning members, and it was already repping 5+ years before YouTube showed up. The website survived when titans like Sims Online and Coke Studios fell, paralleled by other popular sites of similar age (Runescape, Neopets). The rooms created in the early years held social memes, trends in pop culture, showed the stretches of design Habbos could apply to the then limited furni range, it was the historical iceberg beneath the surface, the maze of creation and past communities held in time, all gone. And all the photos? Well instead of pursuing the scripted ones, a small portion of what were the thousands of others, each one an in-game capture of life on the hotel, they wiped them all, again, ignoring users.

/rant. The point is here, for those outside of the hotel, it's a silly game they can't understand an affection for, but for those that got lost in it a few nights a week, built entire friendship bases, knew all there was to know and did their best to be involved and create, they were the lifeblood, loyal users retained community relations - not swathes of T driven newcomers, but it is this audience that has had all the attention and direction of the hotel since then and will, inevitably, continue to have as long as it is profitable.

Perhaps one of the most significant posts that has been written about this entire topic over the last 12 months. Hit the nail on the head! Maybe then, Habbo has already dug the hole for its grave and is slowly lowering itself in, unable to stop it? Eking out the last of its lifeforce (and profits) before it ultimately closes down? It's very possible.. the complete destruction of its history was a thought I had not really thought all the way through, and I agree that it was a significant loss that I hadn't truly appreciated. I also agree the merge was terrible, but with dwindling numbers they had no choice. Shame they decided to merge and wish the problem away instead of actually doing some work with real significance..

HOSKO02
29-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Habbo has already dug the hole for its grave and is slowly lowering itself in

Exactly, but then the question becomes, will they put so much into this new venture and really discontinue the hotels? Surely they can't be that blind to the user base, which is now even more international,. but given their past, I wouldn't put it past them

Zak
29-11-2012, 05:40 PM
under-21....

seems i'm not allowed to play

Pigperson
29-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't get the point of games in a game. I played the games like once and haven't played them since :/

Will

Philly
30-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Can someone enlighten me as to WHY they merged the hotels? Do we know?

-:Undertaker:-
30-11-2012, 03:05 AM
From what i've been reading over past few months followed by the news that half it's users have left, Sulake seems to be in serious trouble.

But then with their poor customer service (as i've found out, a long term user completely left in the dark) they've brought it on themselves.

Zak
30-11-2012, 12:33 PM
From what i've been reading over past few months followed by the news that half it's users have left, Sulake seems to be in serious trouble.

But then with their poor customer service (as i've found out, a long term user completely left in the dark) they've brought it on themselves.

Totally 100% agree!

They've brought it on themselves and instead of listening to the older more experienced players they completely turned their backs. They focused on profits, which is all well and good but there comes a time when you need to spend some money in order to make it back.

I've always said Habbo could learn from Runescape as they have done outstanding updates.. increased their fan-base and ultimately created a family atmosphere with its players. They listen to suggestions posted and make changes accordingly to the game. If Habbo were in control of Runescape they'd have started selling gold, unmoderated everything so everyone would bot, hackers scammers everywhere, gambling and no updates other than items which you could buy.

In all honesty I couldn't give a **** about Habbo anymore. Awful game ran by morons - moderated by morons too!

HOSKO02
30-11-2012, 12:56 PM
(as i've found out, a long term user completely left in the dark) they've brought it on themselves.

It's the simple things they're overlooking that really grind on the quality of the hotel and reveal their values. All the furniture with desc_1214 names ads_1800 etc show a complete disregard for the look and feel of past releases and general upkeep, and as you mention, long-term users rarely get any mail, offers or anything to reward that loyalty. Where is the '200% True Habbo' 10 year loyalty badge? Simple updates like that would go a long way, but instead we're bombarded with a new catalogue range every month

xxMATTGxx
30-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I wonder if Paul read this thread about it :P

I was reading some fansite forums and saw comments on recent blog posts talking about our announcement of the games API. The discussion was about how we are trying to change Habbo. First tip for Habbos, never believe what you read on a blog. Unless it is this blog of course! But even then read everything with a very careful eye.

The reason we built the API is that we hear very clearly how popular Snowstorm, Wobble Squabble & Battle Ball are in the Habbo lore and imagination. We all know that putting games into the Habbo universe is fun if they fit they play style that Habbos enjoy. Witness Fast Food. Very straightforward game, still gets a lot of play and it works well. Habbos enjoy it, the numbers show it.

We also know that it would be better to have 15 games as popular as Wobble Squabble in the Hotel. As not all games made are as good as a game like that we have to introduce 100 games to the site and Habbos pick the 15 great ones. Expecting anyone to build a perfect game every time is not how the world works.

So like any problem we asked ourselves how we could introduce 100 games to the service, and the only answer that made sense was to partner with 3rd parties to allow them to introduce games via an API. The major well known social networks do this and the app stores on your smart phones are built on this. This is how content is made in sufficient volume to allow users to pick and choose the winners. So we are doing that.

There are two points to consider, first about Habbo Hotel, and next about very creative Habbos who may want to program their own games. In Habbo Hotel the staff are going to focus on Community, Friending Tools and getting the spirit of Habbo back in “Old Habbo” top form. We’re not going to be building games. As for creative Habbos who aspire to be game designers, now the API is open to YOU. That means a few of you can get together, rebuild Wobble Squabble and put in on Habbo. And you can take advantage of our agreement with developers meaning you make the majority of the money that the game creates. Not a bad deal.

Which brings me to a final thing to consider. Habbo is about friendships. Playing games together is part of making friendships richer and more long lasting. So more games means more chance to share experiences. As we try more of the 100 games and you see one that is not to your taste, pass it by. Try the next one. In the meantime the Staff will be working with developers and more importantly spending the majority of their time in Hotel and with you to bring back Old Habbo.

http://blog.habbo.com/2012/11/30/some-perspective-on-api-news-from-paulwalla/

Michael
30-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Now we need someone to rebuild battleball..

Red
30-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Well its clear investors have pulled out, and they really have no choice but to turn to these third parties. He has it spot on when he said snow storm, battle ball and wobble squabble were well loved games that 'fit the play style'. But does he really think the new games and the many more that will be introduced will do that? No they do not. They do not fit the habbo style and that is the main problem. Fair enough if other social networks have games, but we have all made our hate clear for merging habbo with twitter and facebook. It just doesn't work. As for habbos making games? What even ... :S
Habbo is about making friendships but I find these games don't do that. In the past snowstorm and battleball did, because you could choose teams and play with your friends. All those features seem to be missing in the newer versions. I find most games like fast food to be isolating :S I can guarantee that none of these 100 games will be to my taste.

Michael
30-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Well its clear investors have pulled out, and they really have no choice but to turn to these third parties. He has it spot on when he said snow storm, battle ball and wobble squabble were well loved games that 'fit the play style'. But does he really think the new games and the many more that will be introduced will do that? No they do not. They do not fit the habbo style and that is the main problem. Fair enough if other social networks have games, but we have all made our hate clear for merging habbo with twitter and facebook. It just doesn't work. As for habbos making games? What even ... :S
Habbo is about making friendships but I find these games don't do that. In the past snowstorm and battleball did, because you could choose teams and play with your friends. All those features seem to be missing in the newer versions. I find most games like fast food to be isolating :S I can guarantee that none of these 100 games will be to my taste.

I think it will be the best interest for the games developers to make a game that we actually like, as they get money if we buy the perks for it.

Red
30-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Btw thought I would post this here.

Habbo Hotel's parent company Sulake is a master in reaching a teenage audience, and 10 million unique users currently visit the service each month. Sulake recently opened the online platform to 3rd party developers. CEO Paul LaFontaine talks about the critical lessons learned from moving the teen audience across different platforms and working with 3rd party developers.

Delivered at Casual Connect Seattle, July 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5uZO-y7PI&feature=youtu.be

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 04:46 PM ----------

I think it will be the best interest for the games developers to make a game that we actually like, as they get money if we buy the perks for it.

They just seem so un habboey if that makes sense and that pix game or whatever it is called was just so poorly finished. It crashed my client ever single time I went on it.

Michael
30-11-2012, 04:58 PM

They just seem so un habboey if that makes sense and that pix game or whatever it is called was just so poorly finished. It crashed my client ever single time I went on it.

Ah yeah they do, I think sulake made that game though.

Red
30-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Ah yeah they do, I think sulake made that game though.

oh gawney. It was baddd. A lot of people enjoy omgpop's draw my thing or isketch. They could of did so much more with that game and allowed you to choose friends to add and create a match. A choice of random dictionary words or habbo items to draw.

GommeInc
30-11-2012, 05:08 PM
*snip*
Ah, the irony in that video... "Reaching today's teens..." Habbo has always been a master at that, they let adults reach under-aged teenagers for quite some time and did sweet sod all about it ;)

Sulake killed Habbo after Version 6, or that's when I remember leaving.

Michael
30-11-2012, 05:09 PM

That video was interesting, haven't seen it before. He explained quite well!

johnblack45
30-11-2012, 07:34 PM
https://dev.habbo.com/static/img/Habbo_API_logo_off.gif Well done website I think, can not wait until they allow the rest of the world to develop games!

Philly
30-11-2012, 07:49 PM
So, we're making all these complaints here, yea? What we need to do is set some of these issues into UserVoice - I feel like that's the best place to actually have them seen.

We have to tell them the Pix game errors, we gotta tell them we only want Habbo-themed games, put bug tickets on UV for the mis-titled furni and badges. we gotta tell them what features we want in the existing games. Then, we have to support each others' threads by voting it up. We've got to band together so they hear us. We *can* do it.

I'll make a damn in-game group if we gotta to get everyone on the same page.

I was part of Habbo back in 2005-2006… I miss the family feeling, and if we work together, we can get that back, but we've got to complain in the proper areas, in the right ways, so that something can be done.

Red
30-11-2012, 08:42 PM
So, we're making all these complaints here, yea? What we need to do is set some of these issues into UserVoice - I feel like that's the best place to actually have them seen.

We have to tell them the Pix game errors, we gotta tell them we only want Habbo-themed games, put bug tickets on UV for the mis-titled furni and badges. we gotta tell them what features we want in the existing games. Then, we have to support each others' threads by voting it up. We've got to band together so they hear us. We *can* do it.

I was part of Habbo back in 2005-2006… I miss the family feeling, and if we work together, we can get that back, but we've got to complain in the proper areas, in the right ways, so that something can be done.

Ahh your so positive. I don't have the same hopes. I remember when they dedicated uservoice to getting opinions on how to improve snow storm when it was released and it was an absolute waste of time because none of them were used and improvements are still waiting to be made.

Philly
30-11-2012, 09:46 PM
It's worth a try though, isn't it, Red? I mean, we all still play.

01-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Good to see that Paul and/or staff read fansite forums and are addressing issues raised there. I like that he seems to understand (ish) what we want to see back on Habbo.. ie. the Old Days. Problem is their way of going about it. "We're going to bring back Old Habbo by letting 3rd parties make 100 games for you!!" ... yeah..no. That wasn't really old habbo was it now.. :P Just bring back Snowstorm, Battleball and WobbleSquabble thats all you need to do!! LOL!

Exactly the point I was going to make! FF is soooo isolating, and I can't play with friends in their games atm. It's all random! So it's harder to build friendships through games like SS because you may be both playing but in different matches lol. They say one thing is important, and then do everything in their power to make sure that doesn't happen! "I have a great idea, games are a good way to build friendships, so let's make sure you cannot guarantee you play with your friend! Random teams yeah!!"

Zak
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM

I hope he is reading it, I've directed him towards this fan site enough times. I think he should register here tbh haha. I'm sure he'd be as popular as Redtiz was :rolleyes:

karter
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM

People do not bother to go on the client, will they bother to go on uservoice? I remember I made a 'bring back articles' thing in march, I got 4k votes and in may the idea was accepted. Linn wrote that they are trying to bring news in-site. After a while, paul also tweeted the same thing. And as you know, a few weeks back he said articles are coming back and habbos were "right". (funny, coming from the guy who said that articles were a waste of time and were silly). Anyways, my point is, from april to december, has anything been done? No. I had used the means of forums and guestbooks to advertise my idea, that's why I got so many votes so firstly, no one will vote any idea in uservoice as no one is here anymore and secondly, nothing will be done. Uservoice is a powerful tool to show off that we are listening to habbos but Paul was constantly insulting them and stating them wrong.

LiquidLuck.
01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
People only play the games when they are bored or really want to win that prize.. -facepalm- I don't get why it has so many.

Philly
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Anyways, my point is, from april to december, has anything been done? No. I had used the means of forums and guestbooks to advertise my idea, that's why I got so many votes so firstly, no one will vote any idea in uservoice as no one is here anymore and secondly, nothing will be done. Uservoice is a powerful tool to show off that we are listening to habbos but Paul was constantly insulting them and stating them wrong.

They were also in the middle of a shakeup, and then a scandal--Paul just said there were 42 features they plan on implementing over the next six months, and that tells me that now is the time to request features, improvements, and bring bug issues to the forefront.

Oscaaah
01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
LMFAO GREAT, I CAN FINAL GET MY WHACK A PEDO PUBLISHED ON A PLACE IT WILL BE USED!

DPS
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Most of you aint even Old Skool Habbo, so you cant say nothing about updates, you wasnt around in 01/02 ****.

Red
01-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Most of you aint even Old Skool Habbo, so you cant say nothing about updates, you wasnt around in 01/02 ****.
why would you need to be in habbo from then anyway to give your opinion on habbo's future as a gaming platform...

Philly
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not talking about just the gaming platform aspect, the topic veered, so I went with it

God
01-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I think it would be better if for each game Top 3 players won a prize and 2 random people in top 100 got a smaller prize. and prizes every week

karter
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM

I swear almost everywhere you flaunt the fact that that you're from 2002. We get it, okay we get it that you're an old skool habbo, but then again you are the only one who has no views/opinion on this. stop expecting that people will take you seriously

DPS
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I swear almost everywhere you flaunt the fact that that you're from 2002. We get it, okay we get it that you're an old skool habbo, but then again you are the only one who has no views/opinion on this. stop expecting that people will take you seriously

What are you talking about? i only say it when i need to say it son.

*Removed*

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members

karter
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
They were also in the middle of a shakeup, and then a scandal--Paul just said there were 42 features they plan on implementing over the next six months, and that tells me that now is the time to request features, improvements, and bring bug issues to the forefront.

and stuff like speedway, the art game, clouds, diamonds were so important that they had to be intoduced before any other thing which could've stopped users from quitting habbo

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 03:54 PM ----------

*REMOVED*

Neither have I, nor have I seen you on client so you can get off your high horse because being a veteran from 2002 does not make you cool by any chance. You can contribute to the thread or make a fool of yourself, choice is yours.

DPS
04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
and stuff like speedway, the art game, clouds, diamonds were so important that they had to be intoduced before any other thing which could've stopped users from quitting habbo

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 03:54 PM ----------

Neither have I, nor have I seen you on client so you can get off your high horse because being a veteran from 2002 does not make you cool by any chance. You can contribute to the thread or make a fool of yourself, choice is yours.

Maybe because i wouldnt be seen dead with anyone off here sept a view, such as Red and some others. *REMOVED*.

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to other members.

Samantha
04-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean you should be rude about it.

The games grow tedious and it's annoying that Paul acknowledges fansites but says that they're always wrong. I hardly go on Habbo and it's a chore to log on sometimes. What was it, free... for now? Just lose the rest of your users might as well.

Abdicators
04-12-2012, 01:21 PM

*Removed*

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members

But, I'm from 2001 and have never felt the need to say it, son.

DPS
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
But, I'm from 2001 and have never felt the need to say it, son.

Stop being a brown nose. didnt you get hacked? and post about it on another forum? LMAO

come @ DPS bro

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post off-topic!

GoldenMerc
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Stop being a brown nose. didnt you get hacked? and post about it on another forum? LMAO

come @ DPS bro

Im from late 01, DPS or any names you mentioned have never been mentioned once for being cool, old school or even from 02.

Abdicators
04-12-2012, 02:29 PM

come @ DPS bro

Mistake on my behalf, and I did to congratulate the person that managed it. But i'm with GoldenMerc here, never heard of DPS. Ever.

GoldenMerc
04-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Even so "DPS" is a 2011 account
http://icap.me/i/DBqDyXH6Wt.png

karter
04-12-2012, 03:29 PM

lol!!

inb4 "i had a 2002 account it got deleted after merge"

DPS
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM

Yes because everyone has the same account they used back then. nice way to change topic of the thread also.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!