PDA

View Full Version : Health Forum

Chippiewill
28-11-2012, 11:31 PM
I believe a new rule should be implemented for the health forum as follows:

No threads asking for medical advice or asking for advice about serious medical issues where it is obvious they should see a doctor. E.g. a torn frenulum. In the event of such a thread occurring I propose that mods lock it, hide it and PM the OP telling them that a) it's not allowed and b) they should seek advice from a medical professional.

Several reasons:
a) No member of Habbox is professionally qualified to answer that sort of question
b) 90% chance of them are probably trolling
c) They might not go to a doctor if they are given some semi-helpful but fundamentally flawed advice despite the fact they should anyway
d) Legally grey.
e) If the thread shows up in google then someone (aka an idiot) might treat it as sensible medical advice discouraging THEM from seeking proper medical advice.

David
28-11-2012, 11:33 PM
i agree

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Yeah it's probably something we should do.

dirrty
28-11-2012, 11:38 PM
yeah, it seems like the answer to SO many of the threads are "go see a doctor".

Kardan
28-11-2012, 11:41 PM
I agree as well, until I get my doctorate in medicine...

GommeInc
28-11-2012, 11:53 PM
This will be an unenforceable rule:

They're unavoidable. Instead of penalising just tell them that they should see a doctor - how do you even know they're trolling? They're clearly asking a question, they wouldn't know to go see a doctor unless told to hence they're asking a question. Saying people using Google may find these threads is clenching at straws, Habbox wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the results as it's a tiny, pathetic fansite and not a medical based website which would be at the top (or ask.yahoo.com etc)

The best course of action is to simply remove the "Health" part of the Health, Life and Relationships forum as it seems the logical course to take given the reasons you've provided.

Kardan
28-11-2012, 11:55 PM
This will be an unenforceable rule:

They're unavoidable. Instead of penalising just tell them that they should see a doctor - how do you even know they're trolling? They're clearly asking a question, they wouldn't know to go see a doctor unless told to hence they're asking a question. Saying people using Google may find these threads is clenching at straws, Habbox wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the results as it's a tiny, pathetic fansite and not a medical based website which would be at the top (or ask.yahoo.com etc)

The best course of action is to simply remove the "Health" part of the Health, Life and Relationships forum as it seems the logical course to take given the reasons you've provided.

I don't think people should be penalised if the forum is kept, just simply close/remove the thread with a PM reminding them that they are better suited for different websites.

Removing 'Health' will probably do just as much good though, I'm struggling to think of things that would fall under 'Health' and not be a medical query...

David
28-11-2012, 11:59 PM
yeah removing health seems logical

Chippiewill
28-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Removing 'Health' will probably do just as much good though, I'm struggling to think of things that would fall under 'Health' and not be a medical query...

Mostly questions related to puberty where professional medical advice perhaps isn't needed, or maybe asking for a remedy to their cough or stuff like that but google should answer those kinds of questions anyway so removing it isn't any harm.

GommeInc
29-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Mostly questions related to puberty where professional medical advice perhaps isn't needed, or maybe asking for a remedy to their cough or stuff like that but google should answer those kinds of questions anyway so removing it isn't any harm.
And anything puberty related could come under "Life and/or Relationships" so it's perfectly reasonable :P

Samantha
29-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I don't think people should be penalised if the forum is kept, just simply close/remove the thread with a PM reminding them that they are better suited for different websites.

Health, diet and exercise could fall under that and surely they're not medical queries?

mrwoooooooo
29-11-2012, 09:12 AM
It's fine as it is. Nothing wrong with having health threads on there

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Kardan
29-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Health, diet and exercise could fall under that and surely they're not medical queries?

Diet and exercise = Lifestyle?

Lee
29-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I think it's fine as it is if you can't contribute don't post. A good aspect of the forum is people of similar ages that may have had similar health experiences providing advice. I am against removing / forbidding these threads.

buttons
29-11-2012, 11:05 AM
no i completely disagree, even if the advice is "go to a doctor" it's still legitimate advice, better that than no help at all. they might not even think it's that serious and need to be told it is. i think it's more important to remove trolling posts such as advice that will do more harm instead of removing or locking the actual thread incase someone really needs advice:S

we can't rule the internet or other people's lives, if someone wants advice on something and doesn't want to go to the doctor then isn't it better we say "definitely go to a doctor" or give other advice? and as for people outwith hxf finding the thread, i'm sure there are a million other threads just the same which they could find similar posts in and thus doesn't matter whether we try to stop people outside from gaining 'harmful' information. if someone doesn't want to go to a doctor, they either need to be persuaded to for their own benefit or given other advice.. if they don't go to a doctor that's their problem and their decision... people may also have experience on how to REDUCE pain and discomfort until they seek medical help. sometimes we're more help than doctors ykno!! not to mention other than that if it's something terminal/serious that's more than "go 2 a doctor lulz" then u can give sympathy and advice on how to be calm stuff like that

FINDING IT HARD TO EXPLAIN MYSELF HERE. but no i completely disagree. this is really stupid.

The Don
29-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Besides the obvious point that this will lower forum activity (which is nearly impossible) I think it would be a bit daft since the threads aren't causing anybody harm, aren't pointless (unless they are clearly trolling in which case other forum rules will take care of it) and I think it's generally quite a rare occurrence for someone to abuse that forum. Sometimes people may have problems where they really don't want to go to the doctors and just need the advice from an unknown person which is why I think the forum should stay/no changes should be made. I seem to remember a few months back somebody made a new account to create a thread about them potentially having cancer but being too scared to get it checked out, and although I'm unsure of the outcome, I'm sure the forum members telling them to get it checked was exactly what that person needed to hear... Sometimes being told "go to the doctors" is genuine advice and I don't think we should start prohibiting that.

I think it's fine as it is if you can't contribute don't post. A good aspect of the forum is people of similar ages that may have had similar health experiences providing advice. I am against removing / forbidding these threads.

haha, can't believe I'm agreeing with you

Red
29-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Um I think you need to get a grip. I don't believe for a second that most of the threads are troll threads? :S Some people might feel embarrassed to go to the doctor and might just want to ask a bit of advice. Maybe its people telling them that they need to might give them the courage to actually go and see about it.

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Doing this will unnecessarily cause less posts to be created in the health forums.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Could you make HabboxForum more dead, stop removing active forums :P

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Could you make HabboxForum more dead, stop removing active forums :P

No one is saying to remove the forum, the changes that have been suggested is for specific topics not to be talked about / posted as no one is a doctor pretty much.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:18 PM
No one is saying to remove the forum, the changes that have been suggested is for specific topics not to be talked about / posted as no one is a doctor pretty much.

But you are restricting people from posting stuff, which means less posts, which means more of a death rate

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 02:18 PM

Although nobody is directly advocating that the entire Health forum be removed, when users post real health issues I don't see the problem unless other users are being blatantly rude/cruel to the OP, and that in itself is against the rules anyway.

No true harm comes from those threads, that forum has existed for years and has proven that much. I don't think altering the posting rules to reduce the amount of activity in the forum is a very good idea.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:19 PM
But you are restricting people from posting stuff, which means less posts, which means more of a death rate

Although nobody is directly advocating that the entire Health forum be removed, when users post real health issues I don't see the problem unless other users are being blatantly rude/cruel to the OP, and that in itself is against the rules anyway.

No true harm comes from those threads, that forum has existed for years and has proven that much. I don't think altering the posting rules to reduce the amount of activity in the forum is a very good idea.

Well when the thread is basically a troll thread or not even being serious then you can understand why users post funny replies or even be mean to the user in question. Not saying all threads are like that but the one in the past 24 hours was.

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Well when the thread is basically a troll thread or not even being serious then you can understand why users post funny replies or even be mean to the user in question.

When a moderator is given legitimate evidence suggesting that a thread is a troll thread in a non-trolling forum then it's always been moderation policy to move the thread into the spam section. That way the discussion can still continue and you're not reducing the amount of activity on the forum.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:21 PM
75% of Habbox is trolls nowdays, But the reason they carry on doing it is because nothing is done about it / They know the system to restrict it before a ban. Shouldn't be removing / restricting a forum because of a group of people, remove the group of people

Inseriousity.
29-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd be against removing them or introducing another rule. I mean sure people can just say 'go to a doctor' but it'd be very easy to turn them into a discussion on something else (ripped foreskin for example could lead to a discussion on the advantages/disadvantages of circumcision lolol) if it bothers you that there is not much meat to the discussion.

Never really understood why no-one seems to acknowledge that the natural life-cycle of a forum is that threads die out all the time. Before you know it, that thread and this thread will be on page 2 of their respective forums and the forum will move on so making unnecessary rules and regulations when the forum naturally does it itself is pointless imo.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:22 PM
75% of Habbox is trolls nowdays, But the reason they carry on doing it is because nothing is done about it / They know the system to restrict it before a ban. Shouldn't be removing / restricting a forum because of a group of people, remove the group of people

Well yeah but it's never going to be stopped because that's pretty much banning most of the active community at Habbox.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Ban them from the actual forum then?

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Ban them from the actual forum then?

Can do. Up to the moderators if they feel they do it all the time and it's getting annoying.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:27 PM
ether way, we have more rules than posts at the moment. Plus the fact most of the rules don't even get dealt with, I mean I told you & Chris about a few Habbox scammers, one got dealt with after he tried to sell Habbox V7 (dave's copy) but the rest got away with Chris saying "Im not banning people for scamming" So why even have rules?

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:28 PM
ether way, we have more rules than posts at the moment. Plus the fact most of the rules don't even get dealt with, I mean I told you & Chris about a few Habbox scammers, one got dealt with after he tried to sell Habbox V7 (dave's copy) but the rest got away with Chris saying "Im not banning people for scamming" So why even have rules?

Scrap all the rules let everyone do what they want. Sounds legit.

David
29-11-2012, 02:29 PM

was quite shocking that he got away with trying to sell other peoples stuff for so long until my v7 came into it

---------- Post added 29-11-2012 at 02:30 PM ----------

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7iwikr0N51r92wflo1_1280.jpg

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:30 PM

Rules only get obey'd because if they didn't people mods would infract, I mean, Why are rules like that not being followed? If i scammed you (say that while you have some of my furni) they I'd expect to be banned, so why isnt this the rule for everyone

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Rules only get obey'd because if they didn't people mods would infract, I mean, Why are rules like that not being followed? If i scammed you (say that while you have some of my furni) they I'd expect to be banned, so why isnt this the rule for everyone

There is no actual rules about scamming in the "General Forum Rules" to be fair.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:32 PM
There is no actual rules about scamming in the "General Forum Rules" to be fair.

But im right in the sense if i scammed you, you'd ban me. Plus people have been banned in the past for scamming so why now is it not being followed.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:33 PM
But im right in the sense if i scammed you, you'd ban me. Plus people have been banned in the past for scamming so why now is it not being followed.

I don't know how I would feel if you scammed me to be honest. I haven't banned any accounts via personal reasons before so I'm not sure. Although I guess I could use this against your ban If I actually went through it:

You give us the right (WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE) to edit, caution, temporarily ban or permanently ban your account, as well as your IP, or take any other measurements that we feel necessary.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Well im 100% sure people have been banned for it previously

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Well im 100% sure people have been banned for it previously

If the user has posted with the only purpose to try and scam users via sites or other ways then sure they get banned. We don't have rules that we should deal with users who have scammed *Name* when trying to sell someone a vBulletin. Putting those into action would always be up for discussion.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:43 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't accuse members of scamming.

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 02:46 PM

I thought that in the past, generally speaking, Habbo scammers atleast were not frequently banned from the forum because it's difficult to prove (typically it would result in a he said she said scenario). I know though that when it started becoming really obvious that certain users were scamming (when a lot of testimonials came in), bans would ensue.

I'm fairly confident that now just like then, if there is sufficient evidence suggesting that someone is a scammer, that they'll be banned from the forum. From the prospective of a moderator the most horrifying mistake you can make is to ban an innocent user (and believe me it happens, or atleast used to happen when I was still around). That's why it's absolutely imperative that a satisfactory amount of evidence be provided leading up to a ban from the forum.

edit:

*REMOVED*

Although it completely sucks that you were scammed, if moderators were to always just take the word of users surly you can imagine how that system would be taken advantage of. It may be easy to scam someone but it's even easier to lie about being scammed (again not that you would, but a lot of folks who have personal vendettas certainly would).

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I mean even when the past AGM who scammed me (everyone knew) incl you Matt, the user in question even admitted he had my stuff, nothing happened.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I mean even when the past AGM who scammed me (everyone knew) incl you Matt, the user in question even admitted he had my stuff, nothing happened.

Oli or Joe?

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Oli or Joe?

Nether of them scammed (me atleast) :P

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Nether of them scammed (me atleast) :P

Danube?

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Danube?

Bingo, You were gm :P

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Bingo, You were gm :P

I assume you are talking about the time when Dan had a number of furni items of you as a payment for some work. Dan then disappeared/resigned/left - What did you want me to do? Call the Police or something. Banning him wouldn't have sorted anything when he was inactive for months.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I assume you are talking about the time when Dan had a number of furni items of you as a payment for some work. Dan then disappeared/resigned/left - What did you want me to do? Call the Police or something. Banning him wouldn't have sorted anything when he was inactive for months.

Yeh I'd class that as scamming... which should / would normally inflict a ban?

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:54 PM

I wouldn't call that scamming. I would call that wanting to leave Habbox/Habbo because real life is more important - Did you ever contact him for when he did come on the forum in recent times? Now if he didn't' give you them back after that then that is probably scamming.

It's like If I leave Habbox tomorrow and I don't give certain furni back to Habbox - Is that me scamming Habbox or me putting other stuff first for once?

Samantha
29-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Didn't someone get fired for scamming so.surely an infraction.is minimal punishment if they do?

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't call that scamming. I would call that wanting to leave Habbox/Habbo because real life is more important - Did you ever contact him for when he did come on the forum in recent times? Now if he didn't' give you them back after that then that is probably scamming.

It's like If I leave Habbox tomorrow and I don't give certain furni back to Habbox - Is that me scamming Habbox or me putting other stuff first for once?

Yeh hes returned some of it not all of it, It comes down to i guess an opinion, in some aspects I mean, say if you bought something off me and i went offline never to see me again you wouldnt say you got scammed?

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeh hes returned some of it not all of it, It comes down to i guess an opinion, in some aspects I mean, say if you bought something off me and i went offline never to see me again you wouldnt say you got scammed?

I would want whatever I have bought of you to be honest. I think each case is different to be fair.

Scamming is when you've done it on purpose. Sometimes there is honest mistakes.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I would want whatever I have bought of you to be honest. I think each case is different to be fair.

Scamming is when you've done it on purpose. Sometimes there is honest mistakes.
You've just contradicted yourself completely.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 02:59 PM
You've just contradicted yourself completely.

Not really. You never stated why you've gone offline completely - Could have blocked me? Could have done it on purpose?

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Didn't someone get fired for scamming so.surely an infraction.is minimal punishment if they do?

Providing it happens on Habbox turf and there is sufficient evidence I think dismissals and bans are appropriate for all circumstances although that might be something the forum management can elaborate on.

If you produce the post wherein you and Dan made the deal then he should be punished in some way because I can validate that he didn't do the work he promised you (although having said that he was somewhat forced out of Habbox so I'm sure it wasn't an intentional scam).

If your deal was over private messages and you can produce the IDs to show management that should work too. If this happened off the fansite then you're out of luck.

You wouldn't be scamming although when Oli left he gave back furniture to Habbox, so if you were feeling reasonably nice that day you could return the items.

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Providing it happens on Habbox turf and there is sufficient evidence I think dismissals and bans are appropriate for all circumstances although that might be something the forum management can elaborate on.

If you produce the post wherein you and Dan made the deal then he should be punished in some way because I can validate that he didn't do the work he promised you (although having said that he was somewhat forced out of Habbox so I'm sure it wasn't an intentional scam).

If your deal was over private messages and you can produce the IDs to show management that should work too. If this happened off the fansite then you're out of luck.

You wouldn't be scamming although when Oli left he gave back furniture to Habbox, so if you were feeling reasonably nice that day you could return the items.

If I said no you aren't having the furni. Then that would be me scamming but I could go away for a few weeks and not come on Habbox - Doesn't mean I don't want to give the furni back. It's like when Rosie was Community AGM, she went away for a quite a long time and hell a lot of donations and furni that was Habbox's. Did she scam us? No she was away for legit reasons and couldn't get on at the time.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Even if he was forced out of Habbox doesn't mean he was forced off Habbox, or Habbo infact, Even if he said Ross im real busy at the moment, when I have some time il return the items. Instead nothing

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Even if he was forced out of Habbox doesn't mean he was forced off Habbox, or Habbo infact, Even if he said Ross im real busy at the moment, when I have some time il return the items. Instead nothing

He never came on the internet or on any of the services people had him on.

If I said no you aren't having the furni. Then that would be me scamming but I could go away for a few weeks and not come on Habbox - Doesn't mean I don't want to give the furni back. It's like when Rosie was Community AGM, she went away for a quite a long time and hell a lot of donations and furni that was Habbox's. Did she scam us? No she was away for legit reasons and couldn't get on at the time. If I remember correctly when she returned we did get the furni back.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 03:04 PM
He never came on the internet or on any of the services people had him on.

Yeh he did lol, he ignored me...

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Didn't for me, so not much you can do when you don't have contact details for the guy.

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Well i think I had him on msn, although he logged onto Habbo once or twice in that 6-7 months he left. He went HxHD a few times also. Pretty sure your just defending him now, so no point trying to change anything

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 03:06 PM

If the deal wasn't created on Habbox Forum then he shouldn't get in trouble on Habbox Forum. Habbox cannot possibly be responsible for moderating things which go on outside of the fansite. If you have evidence which indicates that your deal with Dan was devised and agreed to on the forum then you send it to Chris.

If I said no you aren't having the furni. Then that would be me scamming but I could go away for a few weeks and not come on Habbox - Doesn't mean I don't want to give the furni back. It's like when Rosie was Community AGM, she went away for a quite a long time and hell a lot of donations and furni that was Habbox's. Did she scam us? No she was away for legit reasons and couldn't get on at the time.

Indeed, although my point is I don't think you're petty and thus I doubt you would care to do such a thing :P

The Don
29-11-2012, 03:07 PM

you just said he gave you some stuff back :L

Anyway I thought it was against the rules to discuss scams etc

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Well i think I had him on msn, although he logged onto Habbo once or twice in that 6-7 months he left. He went HxHD a few times also. Pretty sure your just defending him now, so no point trying to change anything

I'm just trying to show you that there is two sides of each story. There is scams that are clear that they are scams and sometimes people do have legit reasons why they haven't done this, that and the other. I don't even speak to Dan and haven't for months, It happened months ago and I don't lose sleep over it. I don't need to defend him, I don't actually care.

GoldenMerc
If the deal wasn't created on Habbox Forum then he shouldn't get in trouble on Habbox Forum. Habbox cannot possibly be responsible for moderating things which go on outside of the fansite. If you have evidence which indicates that your deal with Dan was devised and agreed to on the forum then you send it to Chris.

Indeed, although my point is I don't think you're petty and thus I doubt you would care to do such a thing :P
I got fired for faving racist tweets on Twitter Chris;

you just said he gave you some stuff back :L

Anyway I thought it was against the rules to discuss scams etc
He gave me a few back, wasn't just mine was J25T; aswel.

The Don
Ross was fired for something he did on twitter. Surely that's unfair then?

GoldenMerc
29-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Think you hit the nail on the head, one rule for one, one rule for others.

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 03:13 PM

I got fired for faving racist tweets on Twitter @Chris (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55895);

He gave me a few back, wasn't just mine was @J25T (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=56465); aswel.

I really haven't been in the loop so I wouldn't have a clue as to why Ross was fired, and because of that I'm not going to attempt to argue against or defend that decision.

I will say, though, if it doesn't happen on the forum, or for Habbo-oriented staff on the client, that it should be difficult and almost impossible to be dismissed for other reasons (and of course that's within reason, hackers and pedophiles for example should be dismissed regardless as to where it occurs).

Grig
29-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Plenty of health forums around, where many unqualified people give suggestions.

I would disagree with putting further restrictions on posting. If it's trolling, we would find out pretty quickly and it's an issue that rarely pops up here anywhere. If it's something that has popped up for the first time in years, then I don't think we should start campaigning for instant rule implementation.

Chris
29-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I can't really see any benefits to banning health threads at all. If we keep adding more rules then its going to restrict posting even more and thats not what we want from a discussion forum. If people ask for genuine advice then they will get genuine answers, even if the answer is just "Go to the doctors", its still advice and is better than nothing. Its rare that we get troll threads however, if one does happen to pop up then its usually pretty obvious and is dealt with quickly.

In regards to banning scammers, Ross if you have evidence then feel free to send it over. I can't promise that anything will be done but I'll do my best with any evidence you provide.

FlyingJesus
29-11-2012, 05:20 PM
I know the thread's moved on to scamming for some reason but no there is not a valid reason to stop people asking for medical advice - often even if it is just "go see a doctor" it can provide encouragement and support (especially with regards to mental health) and it's almost always likely that someone here will have had some personal experience with the subject. If you want to ban topics where it's possible to have dangerously ignorant views put across then the whole forum should be shut down

Well when the thread is basically a troll thread or not even being serious then you can understand why users post funny replies or even be mean to the user in question. Not saying all threads are like that but the one in the past 24 hours was.

I found your dismissal of the guy's problem to be really disgusting tbh, you can't just assume that anything penis-related is a joke especially when such things do happen and would be pretty distressing if you don't know much about anatomy. There's no evidence that the guy was trolling in any way, just your assumption that for some reason a fairly common problem can never exist

He was also crap at the job and there was evidence of him being abusive on the forum to go with it

Absently
29-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't think we should restrict what people write in the health forum as I find it's a really great place for advice. I think many people post here in a hope that someone else has gone through what they're going through right now. It's more so someone asking for tips than help, of course the most logical thing for people is to goto the doctor, but sometimes it can be quite embarrassing to do so, whereas if someone on here is giving you tips on how to make something not hurt so much (e.g. depression and that penis related thread) it's always nice. No one on here is stupid enough to take certain things seriously, I hope. All in all, I think the health forum is great and I've asked questions about my mental health and I've gotten great answers which really helped as I know that some others on here have also gone through the same.

Empired
29-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Health questions must be a pretty popular topic on HxF. Why remove one of the precious things left that is keeping Habbox alive :S

Martin
29-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I think they are fine as they are really. Lots of forums have health forums, and there are lots of places to ask for advice on health related issues on the internet- and most of this advice won't be given by professionals. I think in a way its nice for people to get advice from a community they are used to, and a community that contains users of a similar age who may have gone through the same problems. Most people should know to take any advice given with a pinch of salt and common sense should provail either way. They've never been an issue before, and can be quite interesting and helpful for some people. Introducing even more rules will just complicate things further and make the forum seem more like a prison than an open posting community and in the past there have been some quite useful and interesting discussions arising from threads in that forum. Sure, some people may troll, but there is no way of proving this, and it looks pretty legit to me. Some people were a bit quick off the mark to put it down to trolling, when someone could have been looking for peace of mind. Sometimes even being told to consult a doctor can work wonders. I think if its obvious its a trolling thread then moderation would deal with it quickly, however I do not think we should restrict what kind of advice people can ask about unless its breaking another rule, since its not like people can't ask in most other places on the internet- I think its a nice part of the community that people are able to ask advice about these things, even if the advice given is to seek medical treatment etc.

FlyingJesus
29-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Furthermore a torn frenulum is not a "serious medical issue" and it's not always necessary to be a medical professional to have knowledge on a subject, just as one doesn't need a doctorate in business studies to make a trade thread. Certified qualifications are not the only guarantee of sound knowledge - in fact they aren't any guarantee of it at all, so the entire reasoning is daft

HotelUser
29-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Furthermore a torn frenulum is not a "serious medical issue" and it's not always necessary to be a medical professional to have knowledge on a subject, just as one doesn't need a doctorate in business studies to make a trade thread. Certified qualifications are not the only guarantee of sound knowledge - in fact they aren't any guarantee of it at all, so the entire reasoning is daft

Agreed, especially considering a lot of us are guys, and a lot of guys have penises!

buttons
30-11-2012, 10:38 AM
so guys can we get rep pages back this is serious

xxMATTGxx
30-11-2012, 10:43 AM
so guys can we get rep pages back this is serious

They are back :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!