PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, WHAT WILL YOU PUSH THEM INTO DOING AT A YOUNG AGE?

shiver
29-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Personally, I think that being able to speak another language is fabulous. And ofc, it is easier to learn languages at a younger age.

What would u do?

Like, if u pushed them into diving or something at a young age, maybe the OLYMPICS? REAP THE REWARDS

Or like an instrument or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4juUy8iewF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omuYi2Vhgjo

pushy parents REPRESENT

wixard
29-11-2012, 05:31 PM
my child is gonna do gymnastics or ballet, i did em both but injured myself at 11 and had to quit
it's such a nice thing to have and keeps them fit etc if they're a boy, ehhhh i dunno. just whatev sport they want i guess

then probs piano, they can learn a different one too if they want but they HAVE to learn piano and get to a decent grade.

i think a language would be hard, although i'm disappointed my mum had the opportunity to raise us bilingual and she failed. another language would be nice but too much effort

mrwoooooooo
29-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Football!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

David
29-11-2012, 05:36 PM
football

Mark
29-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Definitely tennis! Something I wish my parents did for me at a young age :(
I'd also introduce them to books etc too!

geo
29-11-2012, 05:45 PM
hopefully i'd try getting them into a sport of some sort, although if they hated it, i'd try a musical instrument.

FlyingJesus
29-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Ballet and gymnastics would be fab because those are things that if you're not pushed into as a kid it's very hard to ever get into professionally, whereas nearly all other things can be learned and disciplined later on. I'd also want them to be readers which is likely to happen anyway with me in the house, and learning logic for the same reason so probably something like chess

Also did anyone else think this thread looked far more interesting without the full title?
http://i.imgur.com/caox3.png
Was gonna go for like lion cages and doors and stuff

wiktoria
29-11-2012, 06:07 PM
some sort of a sport defo

Delimed
29-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Ice Hockey

Oscaaah
29-11-2012, 06:35 PM
My Child is going to go to pole dancing classes, learn about tarty outfits and by the age of 12 be a supa star

SackRace
29-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Football and Rangers FC.

Inseriousity.
29-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Won't push my children into anything, they'll have to want to do it although I will tell them if they're old enough that if they want to do something they are going to be forced to do it for at least up to a year cos i dont want them doing something then going 'bored of it now' after about 2 weeks

Lee
29-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Rugbyy"

dbgtz
29-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I just want my child to be well skilled educated in what they do, whatever that may be. I'll probably introduce them to lots of things, not just basic football or whatever. Though when they're in school, I'll probably force them to do extra maths and literacy, just because they're so vital for the future (and I want my child to be smarter than most other children in their year).

Kardan
29-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Get them watching F1 and get them into their homework and studying as they grow up :)

Sian
29-11-2012, 07:50 PM
reading.

anything else i'd encourage, but not push them into.

Rozi
29-11-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd make them have piano lessons because playing music has given me so much, and I want them to have that too. Piano is the best instrument to learn how to read music on and it gives you great coordination skills. From there, they can choose what instruments they'd like to play. but I wouldn't force them to practice everyday and stuff like that. I really loved some of my teachers and would work hard to impress them, some of them I hated so refused to do anything. One of them was so bad that I practiced everyday just so she didn't have to teach me and would just tell me what to play.

when it comes to sports i'd let them do it if they asked me but I wouldn't make them do it aha. unless I wanted to get rid of them once a week and make them join an afterschool club.

oh yeah but I'd deffo make them do yoga.

Munex
29-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I have this conversation with my friend all the time. If I have a child, I will push them into absolutely everything, honestly, I don't find it cruel as long as I'm not forcing them to the point of tears. I will make it seem fun and just part of everyday life - they won't know what free is. Just kidding, but I will push them and encourage them in:

-Music
/Piano
/Violin
/Singing
/Anything they want
-Language
/English
/French/Spanish
-Sport
/Anything - gymnastics seems to be popular in this thread
-All other academics such as Maths so that they would be ahead of all the other children

I'm a big believer in pushing without forcing. I study language and have learnt that after 7-years-old, people lose the ability to learn language and other things with ease. You can't wait for your child to ask you to learn something, because by the time they have the desire for mental ability, it may be too late for them to grasp it. Almost all experts learnt their field from a young age. Teach your children before it's too late!

I regret that my mother never pushed me in anything.

Shar
29-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Learn at least 4 languages fluently, take up on sport and excel in and and learn how to play an instrument and be good at it. And they have to be good academically

Jurv
29-11-2012, 08:18 PM
anything music related. so probs singing or learning to play a musical instrument!!

OldLoveSong
29-11-2012, 08:20 PM
swimming lessons, maybe piano lessons, or some kind of sport to see what they're talented/interested in.

IceNineKills
29-11-2012, 08:46 PM
skateboarding and/or drumming.

Catchy
29-11-2012, 09:04 PM
wil push them into wantin to b a doctor

LiquidLuck.
29-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm Portuguese so as soon as I was able to get into pre school, my parents put my in a French school so that's my second language. As that school was really good they taught me English when I was 9, and when we turn 13, we're able to choose wether we want to learn Spanish, Italian or German. I chose Spanish even though I regret it now. This year, with 16, I started learning Mandarin.

When I got into second grade, I was 6, I started having music classes, theoric and practical as I started playing the piano.

When I was a toddler (2 years old, when I started pre school) I also started with swimming classes and kept them until 3 years ago. I had competitions of swimming and later on, when I was about 8 until I was 13, pentathlon. For those who don't know it's swimming, running, horse riding, shooting and fencing. I think I even kept a medal from those times. xD

So yes, even though my education was amazing, right now I care about my computer more. LOL.
> That's what I'd do.

MKR&*42
29-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I won't push mine into doing anything, I suppose I'll offer them a variety of options but I'll let it be entirely their choice :L

Martin
29-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Probably music, playing an instrument or something. Only if they wanted to though and felt comfortable doing it :P

Doughnut
29-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Firstly, I'm never going to have children, but if I did, I would make them learn the guitar. Such an amazing instrunent

dirrty
29-11-2012, 11:25 PM
my children will be the greatest individuals (besides myself) to grace this earth. they shall learn various languages, instruments and be in peak physical health by the time they're 4. they will become famous, rich and have the world bow down to their feet. they shall be adored by the masses, excel in everything they do, and be an aspiration to all. this isn't up for discussion either, as their opinion won't matter.

buttons
30-11-2012, 10:46 AM
reading and being nice/having manners

Samantha
30-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd probably teach them most things, then if they found they enjoyed it I could sign them up to classes. I'd teach thek the piano, volleyball. Rounders, football and badminton but that's not limited to it and if they didn't want to attempt any of them we could look tether. Education would be important too and I'd help with that mainly in English Language.

lawrawrrr
30-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't force them into anything. I'd introduce them to a lot - swimming, reading, writing, languages, music - but at the end of the day it's their choice. I'll probably encourage that more by not letting them watch too much TV or be on the internet all the time though!

Eric
01-12-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm not going to have children but if i do, then it'll be reading, writing, piano, swimming and languages. I want them to learn and be able to speak 4 languages or more fluently. But i wouldn't force them if they don't like it, just encourage them to do anything that they're interested and be an all-rounder.

Zelda
02-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Piano definitely, I learnt from a very young age myself and thoroughly enjoy it now post grade 8 lmao ;p probably get them into a sport as that is something I never did apart from swimming which I had to give up when I joined secondary school, so that they can keep fit, and most likely also reading as I find it so tedious but I wish i could read without getting bored as it would really be helpful.

Kieran
02-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Definitely musical instruments. I can't thank my parents enough for getting me in to playing the piano. Love doing it so much :)

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 11:52 AM ----------

I wouldn't force them into anything. I'd introduce them to a lot - swimming, reading, writing, languages, music - but at the end of the day it's their choice. I'll probably encourage that more by not letting them watch too much TV or be on the internet all the time though!

Never hurt us being on the internet too much :P

RyRy
02-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Definitely introduce them to the Internet only because I'd want them to be aware of the hazards. I'd also introduce them to musical instruments, something I wish my parents did for me as making music is so much fun (played drums for a year or two).

Manners are a must, but I wouldn't push them into anything they didn't wanna do unless it was beneficial to them in the future, yknow stuff like school work, I'd help them with homework n whatnot so they get the best grades and the best chance of a good job in the future.

-:Undertaker:-
05-12-2012, 02:15 AM
I will push them into reading, I know from my own experience just how much reading essentially changed me as a person and gave me the ability to go on in the future and have an interest in science then history and other subjects.

Ashley
05-12-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm a piano teacher so I'd start them off at 3, then at 5 they can choose a second instrument of their choice to learn.

iScreamHabbo
06-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Singing, and sports.

Firehorse
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Skiing

Ardemax
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
To play the sitar at grade 8 and to recite the names of the planets in the milky way in ascending mass order by the time they were 12.

Kardan
10-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I will push them into a train at a young age.

Mikey
10-12-2012, 10:06 PM
my kid is gonna be honey boo boo child 2.0

lol jk probably tennis + football :)

twinart
10-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd push them into what they love. That would make them become more spirited.

Sho
11-12-2012, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't force them to do anything, but I'd encourage them to do a lot of reading and learn to play an instrument (since I was never given the chance and had to teach myself to play piano and guitar) but, it's their choice at the end of the day. I wouldn't actually force them to do it.

Luke367
11-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Football

Krazybethw
11-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Definatly a language because I loved learning spanish and its needed to be multilingual now. And id also push them into something like dancing, Basically id want them to do stuff i couldnt do. Well dancing if it was a girl haha. A boy id just expect it to be into football. Or music :D xx

karter
11-12-2012, 10:13 AM
tennis yes definitely

Nick
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Probably some kind of sport, say hockey because i played it in 05 untill 07, quit and started playing in '11 and '12. So probably that and yea idk

Barkseh
11-12-2012, 01:21 PM
If I had a child I'd leave the country.

Strega
17-12-2012, 02:06 AM
if i have a boy i would love for him to play hockey maybe even snowboard
and if i have a girl i think ballet would be cute !!

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

oh and like other people said
id only continue them in it if they actually enjoyed it
i wouldnt force them to do anything

Halas
17-12-2012, 07:06 PM
learn them how to scam in FF

Glen Coco
18-12-2012, 08:57 PM
i wouldn't want to 'push' them as in force them to do anything. I would want them to try everything that was possible though (dancing, horse riding, ice skating, swimming,etc) and whatever they enjoyed, obviously if it was feasible, i would want them to try and succeed in.
in my dream world i'd love to have my own horse by the time i was having kids and if they enjoyed horse riding i'd push to get them their own pony.

Charz777
18-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I think coming from two mathematicians they don't stand a chance against that really.
Even though I hated learning languages, I'd love to be fluent in a few, so maybe languages.
A sport that they can do throughout life, maybe tennis or something. Both of their parents like tennis... :P

shiver
18-08-2014, 01:19 AM
this was a good thread so u BETTER give me ideas.

Thread closed by mdport. (Forum Moderator) - Please do not bump old threads! Thanks.

Hannah
18-08-2014, 06:57 AM
*Oops, just realised this was a bumped thread.*
shiver this was like, two years ago...

mdport. ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!