PDA

View Full Version : Apple Packaging

Chippiewill
02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
If there's one thing that Apple does really right that no one else does it's packaging.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IMG_12921-w-640x960.jpg

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IMG_1310-w-640x426.jpg

Firstly, it's not a cuboid, secondly you don't have to lift the whole damn thing out the top because the side drops down. Thirdly, trapezoids are such a cool shape.

And gosh isn't the new iMac thin
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IMG_1325-w-640x426.jpg

I may not be an apple fanboy but I can appreciate good design when I can see it:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/11/taking-the-new-imac-out-of-its-weird-shaped-box/

lawrawrrr
02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I may not be an apply fanboy

cough cough

I do agree though, they are good at packaging. I wonder what the cost difference is tbh with other companies, because it is all printed glossy card cut into fancy shapes rather than my square black-printed-cardboard HP box...

xxMATTGxx
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
The cat in one of the photos is gorgeous, I wonder If they will let me have him/her. In terms of Apple packaging - Yeah they do seem to spend time in picking the perfect shape, design and other stuff for that specific device. Probably another reason to add on why people buy their products.

God
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Well one thing apple has going for them is their products sleek look and packaging.
but tbh I hate apple and its products

RyRy
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
AW DA LIL KITTEH

They do it right though, their packaging is just another way of Apple showing their products are taken care of and packaged properly. They're not like you know, Dell who just knock it in a box with some polystyrene or w.e they use to secure the PCs and put it in a brown dell box. They want to keep the packaging with the same sleek style that Apple is known for.

mrwoooooooo
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
ah who actually cares about packaging, it all goes in the bin!

Catchy
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
ah who actually cares about packaging, it all goes in the bin!

init, i don't even know why anyone would bother to make a thread about this lmfao

HotelUser
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
The new iMacs look great, makes my current 27" look gigantic!

iBlueBox
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Awks considering I've still got all my Apple packaging LMAO.

Steve always did love Packaging with it being simplistic. I remember reading that him and Jonathan Ive spent like a whole week in the lab creating packaging.

Mr-Trainor
02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah always great with Apple. Funny how I saw an iMac unboxing yesterday and he didn't realise the sides opened, so he struggled to get it out the top :P. Anyway, I'm currently deciding between an iMac or a cMBP.

Awks considering I've still got all my Apple packaging LMAO.

Steve always did love Packaging with it being simplistic. I remember reading that him and Jonathan Ive spent like a whole week in the lab creating packaging.
Lol same! But not for computers though, but for small products - if I still have the product, I probably still have the box.

peteyt
02-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Am I the only one who would rather have cheap packaging. Seems like amazing looking packaging just gives apple another reason to hike their price. With apple it's all about the look, but when you actually look at what you have, product wise minus the design, its just the same as the others.

Mr.L.Darragh
02-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I've got all my Apple packaging, and even some that I don't even have the items for anymore. You never know when you might want to sell the product or store it so why throw the box away if you've got room.

Apple is quite clever with it's packaging, but the iMac's boxes always have annoyed me. They're quite hard to get out >;[

Mr-Trainor
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I've got all my Apple packaging, and even some that I don't even have the items for anymore. You never know when you might want to sell the product or store it so why throw the box away if you've got room.

Apple is quite clever with it's packaging, but the iMac's boxes always have annoyed me. They're quite hard to get out >;[
Yeah, if I have the room then I'll keep all my boxes :P.

efq
02-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Not going to lie, all my apple products packaging is under my bed? My MacBooks, iPhones... I've never chucked away their packaging and I know loads of people who've bought Apple products who keep their packaging...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!