PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Estimated Delivery Date

Mr-Trainor
02-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Ok so when you have a product in your basket, you can calculate an estimated delivery date and it says something like 17th - 20th December. However I'm just wondering, does anyone know if Apple is usually accurate with this? I need to know because I want to order at the right time so that it comes no earlier than the 20th :P.

efq
02-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Uhm, it's really dependant on where you live and what your postal service is like. Do they not offer a specific day delivery?

It's an awkward date tbh, can you not visit the store and pick it up :P?

Recursion
02-12-2012, 11:36 PM
They're usually fairly accurate, yes.

Mr-Trainor
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Uhm, it's really dependant on where you live and what your postal service is like. Do they not offer a specific day delivery?

It's an awkward date tbh, can you not visit the store and pick it up :P?
It's a BTO so can't be purchased in store. And they usually do have specific day delivery, but not on this product - I guess because of the low stock.

They're usually fairly accurate, yes.
Ok thanks, that's good to know :P. Amazon always deliver 2-4 days early.

Mr-Trainor
08-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Ordered it last night with estimated delivery 19th - 27th December.
It has now shipped (less than 24 hours) with estimated delivery 11th December. Annoying because no one will be home on Tuesday (11th) :/.

Jack!
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah at Christmas and just after Christmas it usually comes a lot earlier then it says it will, It says longer than usually so it can cover itself if stock levels get too low.

If there is nobody in they will just redeliver another day that's good for you, Or you can pick it up from a depo :)

Mr-Trainor
09-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah at Christmas and just after Christmas it usually comes a lot earlier then it says it will, It says longer than usually so it can cover itself if stock levels get too low.

If there is nobody in they will just redeliver another day that's good for you, Or you can pick it up from a depo :)
Yeah, I suppose it's better than it coming after Christmas :P. I'll be home for half the day, so hopefully it'll come then.

Sunny.
12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Was going to say, when I ordered my Macbook Pro its delivery date was beaten by 5 days. Got it the next day at 8am.

Weird, never had anything delivered so fast lol.

God
13-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Well Idk about your postal service but Postes Canada they place a slip in your mail for you to go to this postal office to pick it up. You would need photo id and that and then its there and u get it. If they use an indpendent mailing company like Ups then they would come knock at your door to sign for your parcel. Thats about everything ik

Jack!
13-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Well Idk about your postal service but Postes Canada they place a slip in your mail for you to go to this postal office to pick it up. You would need photo id and that and then its there and u get it. If they use an indpendent mailing company like Ups then they would come knock at your door to sign for your parcel. Thats about everything ik

That's like expecting Apple to use Royal Mail in the uk......

Mr-Trainor
13-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah they use UPS in the UK. It came on Monday, luckily when I was home for lunch, and then the CD drive came separately yesterday :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!