PDA

View Full Version : Hitting a Teacher

Aiden
05-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Yesterday I hit a teacher because she shouted in my face and I've been suspended pending action. That means my full punishment isn't decided. Either I will have to leave the school and go to an anger management course or something similar. I've been stressed lately due to my sexuality and I want to know your opinions of what punishment you think I will get?

My school know of the problems I'm having and assigned me to an counselor so that may effect it in some way? I get bullied over my sexuality and stuff too. What do you think?

The teach was the Head of PE. It was a female and I know that will effect it. Although she is taller, stronger and butcher then me. ;/

FlyingJesus
05-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Assault is assault, you're lucky that you're young or you could well be facing jail time rather than help

dirrty
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
hitting any member of staff would result in serious consequences. and her being a female only makes the matter seem worse. dunno what punishments you'll end up getting, but i guess it's up to the discretion of the school board, the teacher herself (as in how hard she personally wants you to be punished), and school policy. they may take your problems into consideration, but i wouldn't be surprised if they'd want to get rid of any pupils who cause them problems, especially since it may occur in the future.

buttons
05-12-2012, 07:30 PM
so what if she is taller strong and butcher than you, you were the one doing the assaulting not her. take the help you can get and be thankful for it instead of feeling like the victim. if you punch someone merely due to stress and them shouting in your face then you're gonna need the anger management classes because it's gonna happen again in life and you won't get away with punching them no matter your problems. it sucks to be bullied but it gives you no excuse to hit someone especially if it's someone who wasn't doing the bullying. hope you take the advice from the counselor, tell them you're interested in the anger management and willing to try and they may give you a chance.

mrwoooooooo
05-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Permanent expulsion

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

j0rd
05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Death penalty hopefully
You shouldn't of hit her whatever you were going through. You deserve the worst you get in my opinion.

Catchy
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
This is why I hate children. Permanent exclusion, pretty sure you go to my old secondary school and if I remember correctly they're pretty strict on stuff like that.

iBlueBox
05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Death penalty hopefully
You shouldn't of hit her whatever you were going through. You deserve the worst you get in my opinion.

Completely agree to be honest.
If you had a problem with a teacher should of done the mature thing and seen someone of a higher authority.
Completely deserve what you get.. What will probably be permeant exclusion.

Samantha
05-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I remember when I was in High School we used to get the pupils who had been permanently excluded elsewhere so you'd probably get sent to another school. You do need anger management really, so what if she shouted at your? It's her job as the teacher to get order and respect and hitting her definitely wasn't showing her any. You'll just have to wait and see, they may know what you're going through but it doesn't mean you need special treatment.

Lewiis,
05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I disagree with some of the stupid responses.

For teachers to know the kind of situation your in and the support you need but to still get in your face is wrong. Yes hitting her was unacceptable but there are ways of dealing with things that she should be aware of as a qualified teacher, and her getting in your face at whats a bad time for you is bad teaching control and managment of a pupil.

Theres always 2 sides to every story and to make a set judgement would be wrong so im not saying that im 100% correct in what im saying but thats the way im seeing it.

Not saying it was right to hit her but yeah thats just my opinion, you take your classes and learn from the mistake. (Just dont do it again ;) )

You probably will get a suspension but i don't see why you wont be allowed back on a second chance after a period.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
You'll probably be permanently excluded, I've known people that have been excluded for lesser things. What was she shouting at you for? You really shouldn't have hit her, this could screw up your education big time.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 09:12 PM ----------

For teachers to know the kind of situation your in and the support you need but to still get in your face is wrong. Yes hitting her was unacceptable but there are ways of dealing with things that she should be aware of as a qualified teacher, and her getting in your face at whats a bad time for you is bad teaching control and managment of a pupil.

Theres always 2 sides to every story and to make a set judgement would be wrong so im not saying that im 100% correct in what im saying but thats the way im seeing it.

Not saying it was right to hit her but yeah thats just my opinion, you take your classes and learn from the mistake. (Just dont do it again ;) )

You probably will get a suspension but i don't see why you wont be allowed back on a second chance after a period.

I'd guess because he assaulted a teacher? If someone assaulted me, I wouldn't want to see them again.

Lewiis,
05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I'd guess because he assaulted a teacher? If someone assaulted me, I wouldn't want to see them again.

Hmm I see what you mean but being a teacher it shouldnt be any different but the school is there to help in these situations with students that need support for whatever reason. Just excluding as a lost cause would help no one and they have to consider that.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Hmm I see what you mean but being a teacher it shouldnt be any different but the school is there to help in these situations with students that need support for whatever reason. Just excluding as a lost cause would help no one and they have to consider that.

Yes, the school should provide support, and they are providing support already by giving him a counsellor. The school also need to provide support to the teacher who was assaulted.

HotelUser
05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Did you do this around any other students? If this had happened in one of my classes and you hit the male PE teacher, other students would at least break up the dispute. If it happened here and you hit a female teacher then every single guy in the class would have attacked you so viciously that the police would be called into the school and you would be carried away with blood broken bones. If you walked away from this physically unhurt then I'd say you're already very fortunate.

I've never heard of a student hitting a teacher past elementary/primary school, but if it did happen here I would assume the consequences would be that a disciplinary committee would likely expel you from the school and a restraining order would likely be issued. Depending on if the teacher or schoolboard wanted to press charges, you could even have your day in court and end up with a juvenile record.

-:Undertaker:-
05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Yesterday I hit a teacher because she shouted in my face

You = child.
Teacher = adult.

Power and authority
Adult > child.

Sense of right and wrong (in 99% of cases)
Adult > child.

I've had many arguments with teachers, and looking back now - some I was right in, some I was wrong. However, even when i've been at my most angry I have never ever ever ever ever ever thought of or come close to lashing out at a teacher or any adult for that matter.

You instigated the aggression, you are in the wrong. Very wrong in fact.

Inseriousity.
05-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Depends on the school really. Some are really strict and some are so relaxed you could commit murder and just get a detention.

GoldenMerc
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Mhm, Agree and disagree in some cases, I guess I had quite a hard time at school, found it hard to concentrate and focus my energy towards a topic or something I enjoyed, thus I generally was in trouble in a daily basis, I agree with Dan / Undertaker mainly here, where adults are deemed correct just because they are an adult, in my case I guess i got off lucky when a teacher pushed me and got in my face when i was at Secondary school, which led to his dismissal, Although I know in most cases that'd be ignored.

I guess back then its "okay" for someone / a teacher to shout at you, not that i'd let anyone shout at me, Hitting a teacher is something I wouldn't have done, At most pushed them out of the way and walked home was generally my technique, not that this is right, It stopped me from hitting a teacher, Although I do confess to having anger problems.

I'd say your looking at being expelled, Which trust me on your c.v doesn't look good, You will most likely go to young offenders if the teacher wish's to take this any further, You'll prob go to some scratty school, where kids sell weed and pills like someone I know went to, the school was vile, teachers speak to you even worse. It is what you deserve, You may also get a taste of your own medicine

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:06 PM

He assaulted a teacher, he has committed a crime. Just because he was under pressure or stress doesn't mean it makes something like this okay! Everyone in the whole world is under a tremendous amount of stress/pressure at times, doesn't mean you go around assaulting people...

For a teacher to shout in his face there must of been a good reason. My manager had a go at me the other day, started screaming and shouting did I hit him? No I'd of been fired and the police would have probably been called there and then. He needs to learn a life lesson from this.

Zak
05-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Assault is assault, you're lucky that you're young or you could well be facing jail time rather than help

This.

Assault is pretty major. You should count yourself lucky if it's only suspension.. why did you hit her!? Being a woman you hit as well surely is going to have serious repercussions. That's a shame, because I do not know the whole story and I don't know if it was justified. (Then again I don't think you can ever justify hitting a woman).

Think before you act again. I'll let you in on a little secret - I punched a guy in a restaurant and slip his lip up to his nose (It was their fault entirely and he actually attacked me first) but due to the damage I caused him I got arrested. Luckily no charges were brought forward because it was on CCTV that him and his wife started it and it was deemed 'self-defence'.

Still I have an arrest record and cells are not comfy. If they had of pressed charges regardless of if they lost in court or not it would show on a normal CRB. Just be careful my friend, I always feel as though younger people on here are partly my responsibility and I have some power in what directions in life they take. I hope it works itself out.

Samantha
05-12-2012, 09:34 PM

No response is stupid.

The teacher might not have known what stress he was under and in fact it's her duty to shout if someone isn't behaving, to show that she is the adult, the teacher and Aiden is the child. If the teacher was under stress, which most are and they have to deal with troublesome children sometimes are you saying that because a student was shouting at said teacher would it be ok for them to hit the student? No it wouldn't it would still be classed as assualt as it is here. Just because someone is stressed does not give them the right to hit someone, regardless of gender they shouldn't do it. Teaching control? She had that surely as probably she was shouting at him for not following her orders or something which again showing authority is required in the classroom to have your said teaching control.

I agree that there are two sides to a story but with the way the OP described it she wasn't shouting at him for no reason and he may share the reason further on. A teacher hit a student, the student retaliated and threw a chair at him, the teacher was fired the person removed from school and came to my school, now that's two sides to the story and none of that should have had to happen like in this case.

Aaron
05-12-2012, 09:35 PM
As much as we'd all like to hit a teacher in school it doesn't give you the right to hit them, especially a female teacher.

They'll definitely take this very seriously as it's a female teacher, if it had of been a male it'd be a different case.

You need to understand that teachers are the figure heads in the class-room, what were you doing for her to shout at you?
In most cases, you be the bigger man and don't sink so low and hit a teacher and to make it worse.. it was a female teacher too..

If that was in my school, it'd be expulsion from the school.. In my school, you wouldn't hit the teacher back it'd be more of a screaming contest. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hit plenty of teachers.. but wouldn't want a name for myself.. like a scumbag.

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:46 PM
,AAiden; just curious, what teacher was it? Wanna see if I know them :P

Aiden
05-12-2012, 09:48 PM
,AAiden; just curious, what teacher was it? Wanna see if I know them :P

It was Miss Hall.

--

I agree with what you said. I deadly wish I could reverse this but you know.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 09:50 PM
It was...

Not sure if naming her is entirely appropriate to be honest.

Aiden
05-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Not sure if naming her is entirely appropriate to be honest.

no one on this forum knows her i bet? :( besides like 1.

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
don't know her lol!

Kardan
05-12-2012, 09:54 PM
no one on this forum knows her i bet? :( besides like 1.

No, but not only did she get assaulted, but a bunch of teenagers she don't know are discussing it online, I don't think she'd appreciate it if she found this.

Aiden
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
No, but not only did she get assaulted, but a bunch of teenagers she don't know are discussing it online, I don't think she'd appreciate it if she found this.

TBH my whole school is talking about it...

Kardan
05-12-2012, 09:56 PM
TBH my whole school is talking about it...

Doesn't make it okay to name her online? And your school should be really careful about what they say online about the matter...

Aiden
05-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Doesn't make it okay to name her online? And your school should be really careful about what they say online about the matter...

I doubt anyone will ever find anything else about her by her last name... but okay.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I doubt anyone will ever find anything else about her by her last name... but okay.

You would be surprised what the internet can do :)

Doughnut
05-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, hitting a woman is definitely an aggravating factor, but your personal situation (mitigating factor) could possibly outweigh that.

Either way,hitting her wasn't the best of ideas. I've done the same as you though to a student, when they just get in your face anger takes over.

You're really lucky she isn't pressing charges of ABH or battery, depending on the damage, or you'd be stuffed. I suppose the worst they can do without the law is kick you out of the school, which would be well deserved.

Aiden
05-12-2012, 09:59 PM
You would be surprised what the internet can do :)

i guess so... good luck to them. i dont know why they would want to. ;)

Kardan
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
i guess so... good luck to them. i dont know why they would want to. ;)

Well, I had a quick go for myself to see how good google was, and I could have a guess at the name of your school...

The Not******* Emm***** School?

I am probably wrong though, 2 second google search doesn't mean I'm right :P

Aiden
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, hitting a woman is definitely an aggravating factor, but your personal situation (mitigating factor) could possibly outweigh that.

Either way,hitting her wasn't the best of ideas. I've done the same as you though to a student, when they just get in your face anger takes over.

You're really lucky she isn't pressing charges of ABH or battery, depending on the damage, or you'd be stuffed. I suppose the worst they can do without the law is kick you out of the school, which would be well deserved.

I don't think the law will come into action, my mum has rang the behavior for learning teacher at the school and she wants me to do school 2 days a week and 3 days of collage. Although this could all change as its not final. It wasn't as such an hit but an push in the face.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 10:02 PM ----------

Well, I had a quick go for myself to see how good google was, and I could have a guess at the name of your school...

The Not******* Emm***** School?

I am probably wrong though, 2 second google search doesn't mean I'm right :P

your wrong.... ;) good try though.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think the law will come into action, my mum has rang the behavior for learning teacher at the school and she wants me to do school 2 days a week and 3 days of collage. Although this could all change as its not final. It wasn't as such an hit but an push in the face.

'Push in the face'... So... A punch?

And I did think it was a good try :P But it shows you how easy information is to get on the internet, and if somebody did get the correct school, who knows what they could do. If I was right, it has the email address of the woman you assaulted on their webpage, and there would be nothing stopping me from sending her an anonymous email and linking her to this page...

SackRace
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
disgraceful behaviour young man

Aiden
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
'Push in the face'... So... A punch?

And I did think it was a good try :P But it shows you how easy information is to get on the internet, and if somebody did get the correct school, who knows what they could do. If I was right, it has the email address of the woman you assaulted on their webpage, and there would be nothing stopping me from sending her an anonymous email and linking her to this page...

thats nice of u...

not a punch... facepalm. palm of my hand... so a push.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 10:07 PM ----------

disgraceful behaviour young man

:/ teen rebel.

Doughnut
05-12-2012, 10:09 PM
thats nice of u...

A punch or a push - its still regarded as battery.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
thats nice of u...

There's nothing good in being a teen rebel.

Catchy
05-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Yeah you don't want to do 2 days a week and 3 days of College. You need to get back into school if you can, seriously I don't think you understand how important it is actually getting an education? I just hope it turns out okay and you're let back in because otherwise you are going to regret this for the rest of your life.

The Don
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Not only is this assault, it is also battery. The most likely punishment would be getting permanently expelled.

Aiden
05-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah you don't want to do 2 days a week and 3 days of College. You need to get back into school if you can, seriously I don't think you understand how important it is actually getting an education? I just hope it turns out okay and you're let back in because otherwise you are going to regret this for the rest of your life.

I'm pretty sure I will get back in :/ There is other stuff as well about me thats why I get stressed and stuff. I know it doesnt matter but thats the only hope I have and TBH its the reason I lashed out.

I just couldn't take being asked if I liked **** all day to then being kicked out of PE because the boys dont want me in there to being shouted out by a teacher in front of 10 sixth formers laughing at me.

Kardan
05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I will get back in :/ There is other stuff as well about me thats why I get stressed and stuff. I know it doesnt matter but thats the only hope I have and TBH its the reason I lashed out.

I just couldn't take being asked if I liked **** all day to then being kicked out of PE because the boys dont want me in there to being shouted out by a teacher in front of 10 sixth formers laughing at me.

It's no excuse at the end of the day, at some point in their lives, everyone get thats kind of crap thrown at them.

And back in my times as a sixth former, we would always laugh at the kids your age when they got sent in, because you can see how immature and ridiculous they're being. You'll see this if you get to sixth form.

Aiden
05-12-2012, 10:19 PM
It's no excuse at the end of the day, at some point in their lives, everyone get thats kind of crap thrown at them.

And back in my times as a sixth former, we would always laugh at the kids your age when they got sent in, because you can see how immature and ridiculous they're being. You'll see this if you get to sixth form.

TBH all the sixth formers are spotty nerds but I don't want to judge you know. -.-

Matthew
05-12-2012, 11:23 PM
What on earth were you thinking lol

You may well regret this for a long, long time. Oh and at your post above, you say you don't want to judge, but call them spotty nerds?
also if they came on this forum and saw that you had five jobs, I'm sure they'd be thinking you were the spotty nerd (not that having a job on hx is bad or anything, just saying what they'd think..)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!