PDA

View Full Version : iPad Mini or iPad 3?

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I know the majority are going to suggest the Nexus 10 but I really don't want another Android device. I want an iOS device.

Problem is iPad 3 is a lot more expensive but it has the retina screen which in comparison I'm assuming is going to make the iPad Minis screen shocking? Has anybody got an iPad Mini? Is it bearable?

If only the Mini had a hd screen eurg, I just like it because it's small and I could afford it with WiFi and cellular where as if I went for the iPad 3 I'd only be able to afford the wifi version.

what would u do?

oops sorry mods forgot 2 put in portable sec

dirrty
05-12-2012, 09:15 PM
if you can spare the extra £££, then the ipad 3. if you think it'll be a major stretch, then the mini. you don't need 3G imo. there are so many wifi hotspots, that connecting to the internet (when not at home, and without 3G) isn't too difficult now.

mrwoooooooo
05-12-2012, 09:17 PM
* ipad 4, ipad 3 is old news

Samantha
05-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I know the majority are going to suggest the Nexus 10 but I really don't want another Android device. I want an iOS device.

Problem is iPad 3 is a lot more expensive but it has the retina screen which in comparison I'm assuming is going to make the iPad Minis screen shocking? Has anybody got an iPad Mini? Is it bearable?

If only the Mini had a hd screen eurg, I just like it because it's small and I could afford it with WiFi and cellular where as if I went for the iPad 3 I'd only be able to afford the wifi version.

what would u do?

oops sorry mods forgot 2 put in portable sec

Portable Devices got removed :rolleyes:

I'd probably say iPad 3, I thought the Mini version was just like the iPad 2 but obviously a smaller version? As said above you could just find Wifi Hotspots and depending on your provider you could just use their hotspots too.

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:19 PM
* ipad 4, ipad 3 is old news

Didn't know it existed? :S

mrwoooooooo
05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Didn't know it existed? :S
yup, was announced same time as ipad mini. newer processor, better front camera and lightning connector

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:26 PM
yup, was announced same time as ipad mini. newer processor, better front camera and lightning connector

do you mean 'the new ipad?' link pls?

Doughnut
05-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Tbh I'd save up and go for the ipad 3. I haven't experienced either of them as I have a crappy cheap 'tablet', but if I had the choice of a larger screen, I'd go for it. It'd be better to watch things, play games and so on.

mrwoooooooo
05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
do you mean 'the new ipad?' link pls?

I'm probably confusing you :P

what you think is the ipad 3 is the ipad 4, they no longer sell ipad 3 xD

Catchy
05-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm probably confusing you :P

what you think is the ipad 3 is the ipad 4, they no longer sell ipad 3 xD

Oh right lmao ye I know what you mean haha but I'm slowly swaying towards a mini at 32gb because tbh I doubt I'll be using it for like gaming? Just browsing the net and email that sort of thing.

Mr-Trainor
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Oh right lmao ye I know what you mean haha but I'm slowly swaying towards a mini at 32gb because tbh I doubt I'll be using it for like gaming? Just browsing the net and email that sort of thing.
In that case, I'd go for the iPad Mini. Well - it'd still be fine for gaming :P. The mini is basically a smaller iPad 2 but with Siri, and I have an iPad 2 which is still running well and I use it for youtube/email/gaming/web browsing.. it's beginning to go slow but I've had it for ages, so not surprised really. The screen really isn't bad, unless you've used a retina iPad before because then it will seem like a step down. So unless you want a bigger screen, then the iPad Mini should be fine for you :).

Catchy
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
In that case, I'd go for the iPad Mini. Well - it'd still be fine for gaming :P. The mini is basically a smaller iPad 2 but with Siri, and I have an iPad 2 which is still running well and I use it for youtube/email/gaming/web browsing.. it's beginning to go slow but I've had it for ages, so not surprised really. The screen really isn't bad, unless you've used a retina iPad before because then it will seem like a step down. So unless you want a bigger screen, then the iPad Mini should be fine for you :).

hmm will using an iphone 4s before count? the screen is the only thing i'm REALLY worried about i would go for the nexus but i just cant stand the cheap tacky build quality

mrwoooooooo
05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
7inch is just big enough ;)

can do everything i want to on my nexus 7

Ashley
05-12-2012, 10:53 PM
My friend recently got a Mini and I personally think the screen is horrible. Get the iPad 4.

Froggydoo
05-12-2012, 11:13 PM
iPad 3, that's what I'm on at the moment, I use it all the time to go on forums, apps, habboxlive, Facebook you name it, iPad 3 is amazing.

GommeInc
05-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Get the iPad and ignore the Mini at all costs - it's incredibly out of date hardware wise and was released just to fill a gap in the market disregarding any efforts to bring it up to speed with the latest iPad offerings. You might as well get a decent tablet and go for the iPad 3 or 4. Besides, the Mini doesn't quite do the whole Mini tablet market any justice, there's a reason the bezel on all other Mini tablets is that wide - so you can hold it in one hand without touching the screen accidentally pushing buttons :P

redtom
06-12-2012, 12:24 PM
The retina display on the iPad is incredible. I'd say try and get a iPad 3 because it'll be cheaper than the newest one.

Mr-Trainor
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
hmm will using an iphone 4s before count? the screen is the only thing i'm REALLY worried about i would go for the nexus but i just cant stand the cheap tacky build quality
Well I use an iPhone 4S, and the iPad 2 screen doesn't bother me :P.

iBlueBox
06-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Get the iPad 4.

The mini is okay, but the hardware is far outdated compared to the 4 with the processor and the screen.

Also will you even use cellular that much? Because you'll still need a cellular plan what will just add to the cost. My friend bought a cellular iPad and never used the cellular on his.

GommeInc
06-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Get the iPad 4.

The mini is okay, but the hardware is far outdated compared to the 4 with the processor and the screen.

Also will you even use cellular that much? Because you'll still need a cellular plan what will just add to the cost. My friend bought a cellular iPad and never used the cellular on his.
Adding to this, and someone is sure to make this comment:

Just turn your mobile phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot and attach the iPad to that. One mobile/cellular plan for two devices. Cheap, easy and incredibly practical.

Catchy
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Adding to this, and someone is sure to make this comment:

Just turn your mobile phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot and attach the iPad to that. One mobile/cellular plan for two devices. Cheap, easy and incredibly practical.

Oh yeah haha I didn't think of that!

Mark
06-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Ipad 3 as you can always tether it with your phone's 3G/4G.

Explorator
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM
My family have got both the Mini, and the iPad 3. It depends if you want to travel more or stay in and use it. If you're going to be taking it around i would recommend the mini because it's just more portable., but if you spend most of the time inside i would have the iPad 3. Because of the features.

Catchy
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
going for the ipad 3 or new ipad whatever it's called lol 'cause I just realized I can get it for £360 with my dads staff discount :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!