PDA

View Full Version : have you ever had to call 999?

wixard
06-12-2012, 09:40 AM
in what situation? and what happened?

i've called it THREE TIMES

the first time i was walking down our main high street and a man literally just COLLAPSED in a heap on the floor. nobody was doing anything and me and my friend were like errr.. some man went over and put his jumper under the guys head so i dialled for 999, then got the ambulance but the street was really busy and people wouldn't move and it took suuuch a long time for the ambulance to actually make it's way to us

second time was when i got robbed in work, that went along the lines of 'hi police please, i've just been robbed at knifepoint ;('

and third time was in summer on a bus and that woman that had the stroke and nobody was doing anything yet again, you all prob saw my thread about it

k your turn

Sho
06-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Once in primary I was in the teacher's lounge since I had been sent in during break-time and a fire alarm practice took place and I used their phone to call for help.... does that count?

Kardan
06-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Once, our next door neighbours house decided it wanted to try and burn down...

RyRy
06-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Nah never had to. Pros of being the son of two police officers eh

wixard
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Nah never had to. Pros of being the son of two police officers eh

never knew you were adopted by a gay couple
that explains everything

mrwoooooooo
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Fortunately never had to

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Eric
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Never and i'd never want to

Samantha
06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
No I haven't, I remember bring young and my nanny tripped though, my parents weren't in so I rung them and they came and must have phoned for an ambulance.

Ekelektra
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
There was a fight in my family just a couple of days ago which was pretty bad, and I was thinking about how if it got worse I would call the police, looking back it wasn't bad enough to do so I'm just an anxious person, but I guess that would be the closest I've been to dialling 000. Glad I've never had to.

j0rd
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
About 3-4 times, one was some guy having a fit after a fight, one for someone breaking into work and stealing drink and the rest just general steroid abusers fighting

OldLoveSong
06-12-2012, 05:21 PM
I've never had to call 911, thank god.

Aaron
06-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah I've had to call them a variety of times, because I cover events with an ambulance crowd at times we need to call for more assistance, not nice one bit.

RyRy
06-12-2012, 08:04 PM
never knew you were adopted by a gay couple
that explains everything

How did you get gay couple out of two police officers? Do they not have female police officers in Ireland? Because they do in the UK.

wixard
06-12-2012, 08:09 PM
How did you get gay couple out of two police officers? Do they not have female police officers in Ireland? Because they do in the UK.

no we call them ban garda because women have no authority

RyRy
06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
no we call them ban garda because women have no authority

Oh yeah Ban Garda I know what that means totes.

Euphoria
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
When I was about 5...:L It's quite cringy looking back at it now. I must've been around 8, and my brother (whom was three at the time) walked into the coffee table and cut abit of his cheek. I panicked (I panicked at a nose bleed at that age...that actually still hasnt changed tbh but anyways), no one was around..and so I called 999. He was fine..and they didnt have to come..:L I ended up hanging up in the middle of our conversation - they thought I was prank calling or something, my dad had to phone them later..:L

Lee
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Fortunately I have never been put in that situation, touch wood I won't be unless its' like the birth of my child or something :)

xxMATTGxx
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I've never had to call them myself but I've been near people who have had to. Such as:

- When my mum needed to be rushed into hospital
- When the living room window was smashed by some **** (old house)
- When someone thought it was funny to light a bin on fire which then made a tree catch fire.

GommeInc
06-12-2012, 10:19 PM
A few times. Once when a tumble dryer decided the walls needed to be black and the house wasn't worth working in and the other was when my dad was taken ill. The latter still haunts me :/

Doughnut
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Nope, never. I actually think it'd be quite an interesting experience to call them, though. I'm probably insane to think that.

Zak
06-12-2012, 10:56 PM
No but when I was younger my friends used to prank call them all the time.

(I know it's not funny). They didn't understand what they were doing though tbh.

IceNineKills
07-12-2012, 12:52 AM
loads of times. when doing pub and bar work, police were called pretty often.

Vigas
07-12-2012, 01:06 AM
I called it once but there was no emergency. Then I put off the phone xD

Martin
07-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I had to at work once when an old lady collapsed on top of the newspapers

Richie
07-12-2012, 01:47 PM
An old man fell down some steps outside his front door so I rang the ambulance whilst my mam helped the guy as I was only young.

My mam fell off a ladder down a flight of stairs when I was younger so I had to run across the road to get my neighbour to come over, I didn't know what to do, then I rang an ambulance

The car across the road went a blaze a few months back & I had to ring the fire brigade

I also got mugged when I was super drunk and didn't know what to do so I rang 999 but they just lol'd and said go to your local police station :(

Kushja
07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I have called the 3 services on countless occasions, reporting cars with children unstrapped, reporting accidents (whilst I'm helping at the scene), I've phoned the police on a car that was tailgaiting us, he over took us on a bend doing 50 in a 30(my daughter was in the car), we followed him and he drove right into the security gates at the police station, so it seemed I called the police, on an officer.. That was good.
Fires, over turned cars, fatalities, all fun.
Uhh yeah loads more different things, never pranked or joked around though and all calls have had action.

Circadia
07-12-2012, 03:23 PM
My mum fell down the stairs when I was like 6 and I had to call an ambulance cause my dad and brother were in London and she needed help

LiquidLuck.
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I've never done it because of other people, but because I was the one having a problem, but I think it was only one time, and not really wanting to say much about it, they don't do anything if it's about domestic violence.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!