PDA

View Full Version : twitter

scottish
06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
dno where this goes so it'll go here

ok is there a limit or something on DMs?

I used to be told after so many days/weeks they got removed

Then i noticed I was keeping them for up to like a month or more so went over the time limit

And i'm pretty sure GoldenMerc; had DMs from like 70+ days ago..

But basically now I DM quite a lot and appears everyone apart from this persons dms have disappeared lol

So is there a limit to the number of DMs you can have or what? :S

They don't appear on twitter.com or tweetdeck or mobile app.

Also, if you're dming someone and they delete your DM does it disappear for both of you or just them?

thx

xxMATTGxx
06-12-2012, 11:18 PM
There is a limit of how many DM's they keep for sure. I don't know the figure though but If the other user has deleted them, then they will go for you as well.

Edit: Just found this on their site:

If you are not seeing all of your direct messages:

Twitter shows only your 100 most recent messages (sent AND received).
Remember, your old DMs are not gone, they're just stored in our database. We're working to make more DMs available in the future.

scottish
06-12-2012, 11:26 PM
ah okay thx!!!!

Stephen
07-12-2012, 03:52 AM
dms always mess up for me. Like sometimes they disappear and then one day I'll logon and get dms appear from 2 years ago

scottish
07-12-2012, 02:05 PM
dms always mess up for me. Like sometimes they disappear and then one day I'll logon and get dms appear from 2 years ago

Yeah I used to get that, sometimes someone would DM me and i wouldn't get any log in log out they'd be there

or they wouldn't appear and if I went to the discovery page they'd all appear

but when I started DMing a lot I switched to TweetDeck as it's a lot better with not screwing up, and even occasionally when twitter goes down for a bit TweetDeck is still fine and updates tweets etc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!