PDA

View Full Version : Google chrome, copy & paste.

Richie
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey,
Do any of you know if there's a way to disable google chrome from copying font style / background colour

If you're using non habbo dark, change skins a sec and you'll understand the example.
example:
Do any of you know if there's a way to disable google chrome from copying font style / background colour

mrwoooooooo
07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

Post a screenshot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

xxMATTGxx
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Hey,

If you're using non habbo dark, change skins a sec and you'll understand the example.
example:

Does this only happen to you on the forum? From what I can telll you are using "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" and I believe that would happen even if you are using Firefox or Chrome. It takes note of what colours/style is being used and keeps it. If you don't want that then you can always change the editor to: "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls".

I am not sure If you can stop it doing it Chrome altogether if it happens to everything for you.

Richie
07-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Does this only happen to you on the forum? From what I can telll you are using "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" and I believe that would happen even if you are using Firefox or Chrome. It takes note of what colours/style is being used and keeps it. If you don't want that then you can always change the editor to: "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls".

I am not sure If you can stop it doing it Chrome altogether if it happens to everything for you.

Yeah it happens in chrome & firefox pal

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 10:38 AM ----------

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

Post a screenshot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You'll be able to see the example if you use a white background forum skin pal

xxMATTGxx
07-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah it happens in chrome & firefox pal

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 10:38 AM ----------

You'll be able to see the example if you use a white background forum skin pal

So it just affects you while using the forum and maybe other forums? It's due to the WYSIWYG editor then, just change your settings :P

Richie
07-12-2012, 10:43 AM
So it just affects you while using the forum and maybe other forums? It's due to the WYSIWYG editor then, just change your settings :P

It happens with everything, google, twitter, facebook etc, the only way to stop it is to paste it into notepad then copy it again which is a little tedious.

xxMATTGxx
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
It happens with everything, google, twitter, facebook etc

What on earth. I've just copied some red text from someone's signature on Chrome into twitter and it doesn't take the styling with it at all :S

Richie
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
What on earth. I've just copied some red text from someone's signature on Chrome into twitter and it doesn't take the styling with it at all :S

Oh no I mean if I copy from twitter to the forum

@StroppySock (https://twitter.com/StroppySock) Did you eat cheese before bed?

xxMATTGxx
07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh no I mean if I copy from twitter to the forum

@StroppySock (https://twitter.com/StroppySock) Did you eat cheese before bed?

Just do this:

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/12/07/HqQl6.gif

Richie
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
@mattgarner (https://twitter.com/mattgarner) Had a curry !

oh it works! thanks

Tomm
07-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Rather than just pasting press Ctrl+Shift+V (or right click and select Paste as plain text) and this will only paste the text and not the formatting.

HotelUser
07-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Rather than just pasting press Ctrl+Shift+V (or right click and select Paste as plain text) and this will only paste the text and not the formatting.

Usually I paste the text into the URL bar and re-copy it from there, I didn't know about cmd+shift+v, thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!