PDA

View Full Version : Super hub

scottish
09-12-2012, 03:34 PM
When I got the bonus speeds I got offered a free super hub, but the link in the email doesn't work anymore (just takes you to vm.com), anyone know how to claim it or do you need to contact them?

Tomm
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
You'll most likely find it much easier if you just contact them about it.

Stephen!
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Don't accept it! The "Super" hub is awful.

scottish
09-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll need it, plan on upgrading to 60MB package in which case i'd need it.

So grab one for free, when they install 60MB they'll see the old modem stick in the super hub, switch it to modem mode win :P

Tomm
09-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Surely they'd provide you with one anyway when you upgrade if you need it for that package?

I'll need it, plan on upgrading to 60MB package in which case i'd need it.

So grab one for free, when they install 60MB they'll see the old modem stick in the super hub, switch it to modem mode win :P

scottish
09-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Surely they'd provide you with one anyway when if upgrade if you need it for that package?

Yep, so you get one for free before it, then one when they upgrade you.

Always nice to have a spare.

xxMATTGxx
09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Yep, so you get one for free before it, then one when they upgrade you.

Always nice to have a spare.

Wait what, surely they won't give you two if they already know they have sent one to you?

scottish
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Wait what, surely they won't give you two if they already know they have sent one to you?

Doubt it, they'll look at the modem in the house (in which case it'd be the old one).

Doubt they'd check if ones already been sent as they'd know i'm upgrading from 20MB (so don't require one) and see the old one.

mrwoooooooo
09-12-2012, 03:56 PM
the superhub is fine now

Mikey
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah the super hub is good, just give them a call.

Jack!
09-12-2012, 09:46 PM
When I got my superhub I had a letter in the box asking me to post back my old modem or pay £99 on my next bill for it, Freepost back.

xxMATTGxx
09-12-2012, 09:49 PM
When I got my superhub I had a letter in the box asking me to post back my old modem or pay £99 on my next bill for it, Freepost back.

That's because with Virgin Media they own the equipment. Which is why they normally takee any modems or boxes that are being replaced / no longer used the majority of the time.

scottish
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
That's because with Virgin Media they own the equipment. Which is why they normally takee any modems or boxes that are being replaced / no longer used the majority of the time.

Aren't sky like that too?

idk, last few times boxes have been replaced they left the existing boxes here, then they came to fix a sky box and left a sky+HD box here lol

when i got my sky normal upgraded to sky+ the previous box was left connected (guy from sky put the box on top of the previous one, just switched the phone line connector from old one to new one)

lol

Swearwolf
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
super hubs are good now

xxMATTGxx
Aren't sky like that too?

idk, last few times boxes have been replaced they left the existing boxes here, then they came to fix a sky box and left a sky+HD box here lol

when i got my sky normal upgraded to sky+ the previous box was left connected (guy from sky put the box on top of the previous one, just switched the phone line connector from old one to new one)

lol

I've never been with Sky but a few years back I remember that it was mentioned that you "own" the box from them. Do you have to pay for replacing the TV boxes? I'm not sure how they work but I know with VM they own the equipment.

scottish
Cause you can switch them to modem only? :P

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 09:57 PM ----------

I've never been with Sky but a few years back I remember that it was mentioned that you "own" the box from them.

Oh, idk i've always got boxes for free except my latest sky+ upgrade which I paid for, main one came free with HD subscription but rest are 10.25 a month + no fee for box.

Ah well, have replaced modems in the past and never been asked to send it back.

Will see I guess :P

xxMATTGxx
09-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Cause you can switch them to modem only? :P

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 09:57 PM ----------

Oh, idk i've always got boxes for free except my latest sky+ upgrade which I paid for, main one came free with HD subscription but rest are 10.25 a month + no fee for box.

Ah well, have replaced modems in the past and never been asked to send it back.

Will see I guess :P

Maybe they have changed in recent years or I am dreaming of it :P

Luke
10-12-2012, 10:07 AM
We cancelled our subscription and opened a new account to take advantage of 'new customer deals'. The engineer came, fitted a new Sky+HD box, even though there was still the old one plugged in, and then when installing Multiroom in my room, asked if I wanted the old Sky+HD box in my room, and left a brand new standard HD box in the box, just so he can say he's "delivered" it, I don't think they care about the boxes :')

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!