PDA

View Full Version : DNS Server, tcp/ip etc

GirlNextDoor15
09-12-2012, 06:02 PM
so, i'm having a serious problem with my download speed. i mean loading videos etc were alright except for downloading movies etc. i normally use utorrent and recently(for the past week), the speed slowed down from 40-50KB/s to 0-5KB/s. I'm not from UK. So, it does suck to be me right now. And I heard that changing DNS server or whatev may help me because it'll somehow disable my ISP to check whatev I'm downloading and wherever that's from. Someone pls shed me some light. How to change that and do you think my torrent's throttled? I don't know what to do. +rep for any help thanks

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 02:08 AM ----------

someone pls merge this sorry for double posting

GirlNextDoor15
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
so, i'm having a serious problem with my download speed. i mean loading videos etc were alright except for downloading movies etc. i normally use utorrent and recently(for the past week), the speed slowed down from 40-50KB/s to 0-5KB/s. I'm not from UK. So, it does suck to be me right now. And I heard that changing DNS server or whatev may help me because it'll somehow disable my ISP to check whatev I'm downloading and wherever that's from. Someone pls shed me some light. How to change that and do you think my torrent's throttled? I don't know what to do. I can only go till here.

http://s17.postimage.org/ka9l5s3sv/Untitled.png
+rep for any help thanks

Merged by Lee (Forum Super Moderator).

RyRy
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
DNS won't help you, DNS is only going to speed up the time it takes for you to translate an IP address into a URL (correct me if I'm wrong). If you're being throttled, that'll most likely be from your Exchange where the connection is managed. I'd try calling up your ISP and asking them why you're being throttled.

Tomm
09-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Also remember that depending on what torrents you are downloading there might not be very many people (if any) that are seeding the torrent.

GirlNextDoor15
09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
DNS won't help you, DNS is only going to speed up the time it takes for you to translate an IP address into a URL (correct me if I'm wrong). If you're being throttled, that'll most likely be from your Exchange where the connection is managed. I'd try calling up your ISP and asking them why you're being throttled.

k will most likely do that tomorrow morning. am legit angry right now

Also remember that depending on what torrents you are downloading there might not be very many people (if any) that are seeding the torrent.

but i was downloading game of thrones season 2. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!