PDA

View Full Version : What do i do?

Krazybethw
13-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey guys,

I need help deciding what to do! so heres the situation. Im at college and i failed last year. And im behind again this year so its possible i could fail again. I have the opportunity to do an apprenticeship programme based at my college but its a different branch and has nothing to do with the college itself.

However if i do an apprenticship my mam looses all the money she recieves for me because its classed as working and not in education. This however would make my mam badly in trouble with mortgages etc...

So, Do i stay in something that could make me of wasted another full year? Or do i do something productive towards my future that i will get a career in the similar line as what i want anyway?

I really need help because id feel bad either way and i dunno what to do :L

Beth :D xx

Kardan
13-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Why don't you use your wages from your apprenticeship to compensate the benefits your mum loses?

Krazybethw
13-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Why don't you use your wages from your apprenticeship to compensate the benefits your mum loses?

Because that will be over £500 a month and id only get£90 a week....

Teabags
13-12-2012, 10:19 PM
£360 is still a better contribution than nothing at all.

Krazybethw
13-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I was just gnna give her the same amount that my brother her give her for lodge.

Samantha
13-12-2012, 10:31 PM
When I turned 18 some of my mum's money stopped and eventually the other part of it did too. They were down £80 a week and I pay them board, although not a lot they know they can have any money they want and I wouldn't mind whether they paid it back or not. Me and my mum also have a deal whereby we share winnings on things such as lottery or bingo so I'm not in debt to her. Furthermore, I give my dad diesel money and just things like that help. Yes you'll only get £90 a week but it's something but you'll be gaining experience and learning on the apprentiship but it looks like you're not doing that at college at the moment. I'd suggest talking to your Careers Advisor, see what they have to say :) x.

Kardan
13-12-2012, 11:42 PM

£500 a month in benefits just for you? What others benefits does she get other than child benefit? Because that definitely isn't £500 a month.

God
14-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Well what I say is you should try and study more and get your marks up.
Your uni teachers normaly have a manditory Office hours which they have to be in their office to help and students if they wish for extra help. Maybe you could also stray away from habbo too. Also maybe the reason your getting bad marks in your class is due to not being interested in the study anymore. If so try and get in a class for something you wana be. Also if your bad marks are due to being lasy you need to get your act together or take a year or 2 off school and go on a life trip or w.e.

About your mother and the taxes stuff she gets. I think that shes not getting E500 from just u not working. Its from multiple other things I do beleive. Gl in your future Beth.

Krazybethw
14-12-2012, 09:26 AM
£500 a month in benefits just for you? What others benefits does she get other than child benefit? Because that definitely isn't £500 a month.

She gets csa which is £496 a month of my dad because of his job and then £20.00 a week child benefit.

Krazybethw
14-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Your uni teachers normaly have a manditory Office hours which they have to be in their office to help and students if they wish for extra help. Maybe you could also stray away from habbo too. Also maybe the reason your getting bad marks in your class is due to not being interested in the study anymore. If so try and get in a class for something you wana be. Also if your bad marks are due to being lasy you need to get your act together or take a year or 2 off school and go on a life trip or w.e.

About your mother and the taxes stuff she gets. I think that shes not getting E500 from just u not working. Its from multiple other things I do beleive. Gl in your future Beth.

Read above ^^

Samantha
14-12-2012, 11:24 AM

If she can't afford to drop out of college she can't afford a trip.

You should be more independent, help her out as she's helped you for years. Tell her your ideas and plans, get het view on it.

Nige
14-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd say only you have the power to decide what you do, you don't know anyone on HabboxForum - I'd listen to your heart.

Krazybethw
14-12-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd say only you have the power to decide what you do, you don't know anyone on HabboxForum - I'd listen to your heart.

But im torn... I really am. Its soo hard because it will be a decision affecting everyone not just me. And I really dont know what to do at all.

mrwoooooooo
14-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Apprenticeship

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Inseriousity.
14-12-2012, 04:36 PM
The thing with parents is that they'll struggle on and work something out no matter what you do so long as you're doing something. You really should be talking this through with your mum. It's really only her who'll be able to give you the peace of mind you need.

Krazybethw
14-12-2012, 11:11 PM
The thing with parents is that they'll struggle on and work something out no matter what you do so long as you're doing something. You really should be talking this through with your mum. It's really only her who'll be able to give you the peace of mind you need.

Whenever i try, it ends in an argument because all she is thinking about is the money and calls me a selfish cow. :L

Catchy
16-12-2012, 12:05 PM
She gets csa which is £496 a month of my dad because of his job and then £20.00 a week child benefit.

Alright for some... Tbh though you're an adult and your own person you can't not do what you want to do just because of that, that money is eventually going to stop one day so she is just gonna have to deal with it I'm afraid

Krazybethw
16-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Alright for some... Tbh though you're an adult and your own person you can't not do what you want to do just because of that, that money is eventually going to stop one day so she is just gonna have to deal with it I'm afraid

Suppose soo....

Charz777
17-12-2012, 11:14 PM

I'm not familliar, is CSA where seperated parents pay the one who has custody for childcare? Sorry if I'm wrong. If it is, why would your dad stop paying just because you're making a bit of money. Or is it like a government control thing?

£360 is a lot ofmoney and would mean your mum is onlydown by £140 which could be met if a few luxuries a cut back. It's not an ideal solution but a solution none-the-less.

What is your reason for failing school? Is there no way you can pick up the grades, study harder, if not for your own education but for your mum's sake. There is always the time to do apprenticeships when you've got your exam qualifications, in fact, they'll probably help you find one as you'll have something to put on your CV.

And if it is a case of laziness or you don't like the subject then just suck it up. You have to approach it with a mature mind, you're not a child anymore. We all want to take a break and have fun but exams and revision is hard and we all get grades we're not proud of, but this should just motivate you to try harder.

If youwant a final answer, my personal suggestion would be to stick in school and get your qualifications. You shouldn't just change paths midway-through. Stick it out, you might surprise yourself, there will always be apprenticeships but this is your only chance at schooling really. We all have to do it if we want to follow our dreams. At least this way you don't have to worry about the cash.

Good luck.

Zak
18-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd start working harder at college this year and pass.

College courses are not hard - especially if you go into further education.

Wait till you work a full-time job, then you'll wish you were back at college :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!