PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Access Point

Luke
15-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Hello, I've got an old router - it's a Netgear DG834G v.3 - and i'd like to use it has an access point to my current wifi network, so I can plug Ethernet cables into certain things. So is it possible to configure this? I've googled but couldn't find anything I understand.

They would have to collect wirelessly - I can't connect them with a cable, in two different rooms. The broadband is using this:
Manufacturer Sagemcom
Model Number F@ST2504n
Firmware Version 5.23.1a4N
ADSL Firmware Version A2pD030n.d23b

Thanks

Adolphin
20-12-2012, 12:42 AM
I posted this on some forums I go on which is very technical based, so I'll try get back to you if they have any decent replies.

scottish
20-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I posted this on some forums I go on which is very technical based, so I'll try get back to you if they have any decent replies.

Point in this was.........

Is there no option in your routers config (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or whatever your routers is), under Administration / Operation Mode I have option of having router mode or access point?

Adolphin
20-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Point in this was.........

Is there no option in your routers config (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or whatever your routers is), under Administration / Operation Mode I have option of having router mode or access point?

Gotta give the guy some hope, and likelihood is I'll forget about this thread unless someone replies on it and it notifies me.

scottish
20-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Pretty sure it's more annoying than anything waiting for a solution to something and someone posts something pointless / stating (s)he is asking another forum regarding the question.

http://vpncasestudy.com/download/usefuldoc/how_to_access_point.pdf

Recursion
20-12-2012, 06:46 AM
It sounds like what you want to do is have the access point wirelessly connect to your router, and then provide this access to ethernet devices connected to it? Not a traditional access point but it would be doable with custom firmware like DD-WRT if you can install it on there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!