PDA

View Full Version : Interview - Do I Go? :o

Kieran
18-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Well I've been offered an interview to go and work for a new airline... only problem is, I'd be based in Africa! Not 100% sure if I should go for it or not. The contracts a lot better than my current one but I just don't know :(

xxMATTGxx
18-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I assume that would involve you moving and living in Africa? I don't know really. I know you didn't want to move to Germany that much either and at least Berlin is close to the UK (sort of). Which part of Africa is it? :P

Kieran
18-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Dar Es Salaam.

scottish
18-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Would you be required to live there?

Personally would prefer Berlin to Africa but yeah :P

Martin
18-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Hmm its a tricky one really, I hate making big decisions like this in life haha, could go either way I guess.

I guess its important to just do what you enjoy doing in life really, regardless of if it means a few extra hours flying to get home etc. Africa could be a really good experience, not sure what the place you're going to is like but it could be lovely, and you could meet some awesome people.

Depending on how much better the contract is than your current one, perhaps you should go for it, for the opportunities, since they don't come around all too often, and yeah. It also depends how happy you are where you are currently based, and if you can deal with the stress of moving again and stuff. You seem really good at travelling and going to new places so I guess its all part of the adventure and if you geta better contract out of it then thats a good thing too.

Kieran
18-12-2012, 03:56 PM
The contract is like 100x better than my current one. Dar es Salaam has a massive expat community so I don't think settling in there would be a problem. I think it's just the whole big move to another continent :o

scottish
18-12-2012, 03:57 PM
How long is the contract?

Kieran
18-12-2012, 04:00 PM
How long is the contract?

Permanent.

GoldenMerc
18-12-2012, 05:15 PM
If it has better pay, better community and allows you to enjoy flying more then why not Kieran :D

Chippiewill
18-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Permanent.
Finish V7 then move.

Martin
18-12-2012, 05:18 PM
In that case I would say go for it! :) it sounds like a wonderful opportunity, you're young and you should get the best job you can that you will enjoy and you are lucky to have such a fantastic offer! :D

Kardan
18-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I'd go to the interview, and then I'd worry about the situation if you actually get the job.

Futz
18-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd go to the interview, and then I'd worry about the situation if you actually get the job.

This

Don't want to get hyped for something you may not get, theres nothing to lose by going to interviews, even if you dont get it you gain valuable experience and confidence

Catchy
18-12-2012, 06:22 PM
kie... i thought african airlines were renowned for crashing? not even joking?

Samantha
18-12-2012, 07:32 PM
You should go for the interview at least, what's the worst that could happen?

Mr-Trainor
18-12-2012, 07:48 PM
I think you should definitely at least go for the interview, as it sounds like a great offer. Then you'll have more time to think about whether you'll accept or not, should you be offered the position :).

Cerys
18-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I'd kill for an oppurtunity like this!
Just go for the interview, and like others have said, if you get offered the job then you can think about it then. Obviously there's the fact of leaving all your family and friends, but I'm sure with a chance like this, they won't mind too much, if they're true friends.
Goodluck with your decision

Adolphin
20-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Go for it till you rake up some funds, then go find a similar job closer to home that you enjoy, but still have the cash you've earnt from your previous job. Or go for it and when you want to lave say you expect XXXX as your salary because your were previously earning YYYY, Hope this helps - I'm tired so might be a load of mumble jumble.

Jack!
22-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Go for it, even if you don't get it, its interview experience.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!