PDA

View Full Version : [URGENT] Getting DDoSed

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey all
I'm getting bloody DDoSed for 3-4 minutes at a time by somebody I know on Skype. He's given me quite a lot of information about the process, and the fact he pays for 3 servers every month to be able to DDoS. What should I do? He says if I report it to the police they can't do anything because he's using a VPN to do it. Surely if I give the police his name and Skype username they can find where he lives and punish him? And is DDoSing a criminal offense that it'd be worth reporting? I refuse to be bullied by somebody who (in my opinion) doesn't even deserve to live in this country.

David
23-12-2012, 12:53 PM
bullied by somebody who (in my opinion) doesn't even deserve to live in this country.

thats racist. fired.

yeah i think it's illegal

mrwoooooooo
23-12-2012, 12:54 PM
are you actually or are you just believing him telling you that you're being ddosed?

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Considering my internet is going down for the period he says he's DDoSing me, I'm pretty confident.
It's not racist. He doesn't deserve to live here because he's not a pleasant person at all. Drain on society imo, he'll never amount to anything legal...

Nige
23-12-2012, 01:06 PM
What are your signs of being "DDoSed" ?

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 01:08 PM
My entire internet is going down; loading pages stops and my Skype disconnects.

Mark
23-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Can't say you're doing yourself any favours by saying things like that when you're asking for help. It is illegal but I can't see the police doing any serious investigation into it, unless it gets to the point where you cannot use your internet whatsoever. Best to speak to Recursion; as he's a guru in most things technical!

Nige
23-12-2012, 01:09 PM
My entire internet is going down; loading pages stops and my Skype disconnects.

Doesn't possibly mean you're getting "DDoSed", could be a problem with your router? or if you're using WiFi then you could just have a bad signal.

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Doesn't possibly mean you're getting "DDoSed", could be a problem with your router? or if you're using WiFi then you could just have a bad signal.

That never happens, and surely it can't be coincidence it happens twice in the space of 10 minutes exactly when he says he's doing it?

Nige
23-12-2012, 01:14 PM
That never happens, and surely it can't be coincidence it happens twice in the space of 10 minutes exactly when he says he's doing it?

Well if you're that convinced then contact your ISP, they will do a search as I'm pretty sure it will have an effect of people aon your street (don't take me up on that, just reading up online).

Your ISP can advise you on what to do and the steps to take.

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Okay, I'll try speaking to Virgin about and see what they can do about it.

Nige
23-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Okay, I'll try speaking to Virgin about and see what they can do about it.

Taking into effect of the bad weather in the last few days, that could also be a factor.

sex
23-12-2012, 01:18 PM
well its your own fault for giving out your skype to random people in the help desk and then telling them that your ip doesnt change when you reset your router!

i suggest changing your ip and getting a new skype. dont re add him

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 01:19 PM
LOL you've kinda got the situation wrong, dear.
He owned a fansite way back before I joined Habbox and I was staff there. We exchanged Skype simply for quick communication. And the fact my IP doesn't change never came up in conversation?
I've deleted him off Skype but changing my IP is kinda hard work, isn't it?

sex
23-12-2012, 01:21 PM
LOL you've kinda got the situation wrong, dear.
He owned a fansite way back before I joined Habbox and I was staff there. We exchanged Skype simply for quick communication. And the fact my IP doesn't change never came up in conversation?
I've deleted him off Skype but changing my IP is kinda hard work, isn't it?

Oh right i thought it was the other person who you openly gave your skype too in hxhd, and we ddos'd you lol

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 01:22 PM
When ever did I do that LMFAO?
I swear technology needs to slow the **** down so we can sort out DDoSing etc.

Mark
23-12-2012, 01:43 PM

I don't suppose many of these cases arise in modern day technology, not to individuals anyway.

wiktoria
23-12-2012, 02:28 PM
phone up ur isp and beg them to change ur ip. make a new skype

Oleh
23-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Being that skype resolvers are easily obtainable & stressers just as easy (As low as $5 for a 2gbps, 3600 second stresser), I'd suggest not giving your skype out again and only adding those you know.

xxMATTGxx
23-12-2012, 03:22 PM

You really don't have a clue do you?

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 03:24 PM
You really don't have a clue do you?
What is that supposed to mean?

xxMATTGxx
23-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Saying that technology needs to slow down due to DDOsing lol

sex
23-12-2012, 04:19 PM

You did it like 2 weeks ago, i was talking with him while he was doing it
i remember it something like "ahh my internet" *gone from helpdesk"

CrazyLemurs
23-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Is Hardcore banned now? I request he is in that eventuality :P

Beep...
23-12-2012, 04:40 PM
It's possibly that he got your IP using a Skype resolver.
To stop the attack you can do either:
1. Change your IP using CMD or just unplugging your router for 8 minutes then plugging it back in.
2. Connect to a Proxy/VPN.
3. Call your ISP asking for help.

O yeah and, block the person on skype.

Recursion
23-12-2012, 05:03 PM
This entire thread is full of fail.

You're not being DDoS'd (or DoS'd in this case). Contact Virgin about your internet connection dropping out if it's happening over your entire house and move on in life.

And the guy above, @Beep... (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=110356); none of this is going to help.

IPs are inherently public, everywhere you go you leave your IP address behind.

RyRy
23-12-2012, 05:34 PM
This entire thread is full of fail.

You're not being DDoS'd (or DoS'd in this case). Contact Virgin about your internet connection dropping out if it's happening over your entire house and move on in life.

And the guy above, @Beep... (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=110356); none of this is going to help.

IPs are inherently public, everywhere you go you leave your IP address behind.

Spot on, just sounds like he's spamming so much traffic onto your IP address, the router can't cope and drops the connection? (Thinking out loud here haha)

Don't give out your Skype username willy nilly is the moral of the story here though.

Recursion
23-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Spot on, just sounds like he's spamming so much traffic onto your IP address, the router can't cope and drops the connection? (Thinking out loud here haha)

Don't give out your Skype username willy nilly is the moral of the story here though.

That's what a DoS attack is, and this isn't one. More likely just a coincidence on the timing.

RyRy
23-12-2012, 06:12 PM
That's what a DoS attack is, and this isn't one. More likely just a coincidence on the timing.

True that, with the floods and everything :/ There was a big deal on engineers coming on-site in Autumn because of all the floods and engineers going up north D:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!