PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Siri recognise me?

Calvin
26-12-2012, 05:48 PM
This is going to sound mega stupid but.. does anybody have tips for getting Siri to recognise my voice? I have a welsh accent, and it keeps thinking I'm saying "my" instead of "am I" and crap. :(

don't laugh GoldenMerc;

Martin
26-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Can't you get a welsh Siri, or is there a way to change the language it recognises etc? Surely there is because what if african people use siri etc and speak in a completely different language :O

if not, I guess you will have to perfect your posh english :(

Calvin
26-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Can't you get a welsh Siri, or is there a way to change the language it recognises etc? Surely there is because what if african people use siri etc and speak in a completely different language :O

if not, I guess you will have to perfect your posh english :(You can only get English (United Kingdom). :( And if there was a welsh one, it would prob be in the Welsh language which I can only say hello in haha.

I probably will have to! waa

Mark
26-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I have a Scottish Accent and I need to pronounce words correctly in some cases so it recognises it. Although the update for Siri has greatly improved this problem, it's the annoying words that catch me out :(

Chippiewill
26-12-2012, 07:16 PM
"Why doesn't Siri recognise me?"

I have a welsh accent

That would be why. As to resolving it, the best you can do is obviously dial down the accent. I wouldn't bother anyway since Siri isn't all that useful.

SackRace
26-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Just speak slow and clearly, worked for me. I have a scottish accent btw

Calvin
26-12-2012, 09:07 PM
"Why doesn't Siri recognise me?"

That would be why. As to resolving it, the best you can do is obviously dial down the accent. I wouldn't bother anyway since Siri isn't all that useful.

Just speak slow and clearly, worked for me. I have a scottish accent btw

I started to speak slowly like SackRace suggested and it's fine now. Cheers all :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!