PDA

View Full Version : The future of Habbox

Laurrenbbz
02-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Its clear that Habbox is dying - and fast. I am here today to ask the simple question.....*5 SECOND PAUSE* what is being done about it?

GoldenMerc
02-01-2013, 11:16 PM
You joined in 2011, Habbox hasn't changed a lot since then. To be fair, I'd like to say something is being done, but now I'd say everyones given up :(

Zelda
02-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Is it though, yea habboxlive is but departments like content are having quite good traffic on the wiki and from what a lot of non habbox members tell me habbox is the first place they and all their mates go for their habbo news, as two examples. I think we have to be specific here, habboxlive and rv may be dying and the forum receiving less traffic but I would hardly say all of habbox is collapsing and definitely not fast anyway. Just specific areas are dying .

Though yes it does seem worrying how little is being done about it. Especially with rv, maybe its just time to give up the ghost with that rly unless they can find some astoundingly good idea that the mp doesn't offer better.

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm not denying your claims but what do you mean by dying? People seem to have different views on what they mean by that. As people from a few years ago will have a totally different opinion than people who joined up within the last year. This question should also be asked to Sulake Management as the product that this fansite is based around is also dying.

GoldenMerc
02-01-2013, 11:21 PM
I'd say HabboxLive is the only half decent dept still running, HxHD really needs to change to some sort of happy chair place where habbic stands for 18 hours and the rest need some sort of revive

iLogan
I'm not denying your claims but what do you mean by dying? People seem to have different views on what they mean by that. As people from a few years ago will have a totally different opinion than people who joined up within the last year. This question should also be asked to Sulake Management as the product that this fansite is based around is also dying.

Whilst I understand the future of Habbo (and its success) is a bit shady at the moment, say Sulake do nothing to improve activity / popularity of Habbo then where does Habbox go from there?

Laurrenbbz
You joined in 2011, Habbox hasn't changed a lot since then. To be fair, I'd like to say something is being done, but now I'd say everyones given up :(

Yes, I did JOIN in 2011 but I have been visiting Habbox since 2007/8 time and if you compare now to then it isn't as lively if you get what I mean.

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Whilst I understand the future of Habbo (and its success) is a bit shady at the moment, say Sulake do nothing to improve activity / popularity of Habbo then where does Habbox go from there?

I have no idea what would happen to Habbox if Habbo closes any time soon. Actually I was going to ask Jin this the other day but it was during the holidays and knowing him he would have been drinking.

Yes, I did JOIN in 2011 but I have been visiting Habbox since 2007/8 time and if you compare now to then it isn't as lively if you get what I mean.

Habbo isn't anything like what it was back in 2007/2008 and also no fansite is like that either. I wish people stopped comparing to the times of 2007 because it's not going to get back anything like that in terms of activity.

Inseriousity.
02-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Sadly, there's no magic wand that senior management can wave to fix everything. I doubt any fansite will get back to their glory days but I also know that they are not redundant. They really can make a difference. Habbo has over the years chipped away at a lot of what fansites offered by doing it themselves but they can't do everything and so if we can find the thing that's valued by the average Habbo then we can improve so instead of asking 'what is being done about it', perhaps the better question is 'what ideas can I think of that'll help' :)

iLogan
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Sadly, there's no magic wand that senior management can wave to fix everything. I doubt any fansite will get back to their glory days but I also know that they are not redundant. They really can make a difference. Habbo has over the years chipped away at a lot of what fansites offered by doing it themselves but they can't do everything and so if we can find the thing that's valued by the average Habbo then we can improve so instead of asking 'what is being done about it', perhaps the better question is 'what ideas can I think of that'll help' :)

So have you got no current ideas in motion to help improve activity (what happened to that uservoice thing, like using habbox as a platform to promote ideas popular by other Habbos)? Or are you just hoping that Habbo will get their act together.

GoldenMerc
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
that still doesn't change anything? if you wern't part of the community it would be hard working out a sort of legit average of how well Habbox was doing back then.

I have no idea what would happen to Habbox if Habbo closes any time soon. Actually I was going to ask Jin this the other day but it was during the holidays and knowing him he would have been drinking.

Habbo isn't anything like what it was back in 2007/2008 and also no fansite is like that either. I wish people stopped comparing to the times of 2007 because it's not going to get back anything like that in terms of activity.

Habbox could have tried to keep some of its members mind, its not all down to Sulake becoming a less popular site, its also down to habbox its self. Just because the target market has lost its share of users, Doesn't mean Habbox would automatically lose too.

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
that still doesn't change anything? if you wern't part of the community it would be hard working out a sort of legit average of how well Habbox was doing back then.

Habbox could have tried to keep some of its members mind, its not all down to Sulake becoming a less popular site, its also down to habbox its self. Just because the target market has lost its share of users, Doesn't mean Habbox would automatically lose too.

When products die you will also see "fansites" based round those products also some what die or decrease in activity - It's expected. That's what I am trying to say, not that it's Sulakes fault for all of it but that is our main target audience. Although these threads should be more about giving ideas on how to keep and attract users really instead of pointing the blame to someone :P

I know what would happen if Habbo closed tomorrow for example.

iLogan
02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
When products die you will also see "fansites" based round those products also some what die or decrease in activity - It's expected. That's what I am trying to say, not that it's Sulakes fault for all of it but that is our main target audience. Although these threads should be more about giving ideas on how to keep and attract users really instead of pointing the blame to someone :P

I know what would happen if Habbo closed tomorrow for example.

what would happen?

GoldenMerc
02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
habbox should become like DanceBox, PopBox, InseriousityDating.com, suggestions just flow

Inseriousity.
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
No we're constantly looking for ideas but I can't put something in motion that I haven't thought of yet! :P The uservoice thing was abandoned as there were concerns that Habbo already had something decent in place.

If you'd like to share your ideas Logan, feel free.

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2013, 11:32 PM
what would happen?

Habbox would stay open and go through a revamp as long as it's budgetable (spelling?).

iLogan
02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Habbox would stay open and go through a revamp as long as it's budgetable (spelling?).

like a teen forum?

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
like a teen forum?

More of an adult forum. (I joke, although that could bring in profit but forget that)

RyRy
03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Whilst it might not be getting the same popularity it once had, it keeps the users and has many users dedicated to it yknow? Especially those who still play Habbo... but yeah, in some respects Habbox is decaying but in other respects it's blooming.

:)

Yupt
03-01-2013, 12:11 AM
I think Habbox care too much for tradition and older members. That isnt what need targetting.

Samantha
03-01-2013, 12:32 AM
So has the 4 best friends for life had a Skype call or something so they decide to come troll Habbox?

Anyway, maybe it's not Habbox dying, maybe it's those who ran it previously and decided to change normality, you know stuff that wasn't broken? Habbo is declining and it's hard enough with getting banned trying to advertise or do anything on Habbo now. It's changed and Habbox, although not as active as it was has a fanbase and recently I've seen a lot of new people at events, entering competitions etc. all in all Habbox can't help the rules Habbo/Sulake impose, I know things could be done better and there are always discussions on how we can boost members, community involvement etc.

Catchy
03-01-2013, 12:55 AM
I'd rather have a small community with decent people & decent threads... Than a huge community with the likes of awful trolls and content which doesn't interest me one bit.

Chippiewill
03-01-2013, 01:43 AM
what would happen?

We'd have to redesign V7 from scratch :/

David
03-01-2013, 01:50 AM
We'd have to redesign V7 from scratch :/

like you havent already

Chippiewill
03-01-2013, 01:51 AM
like you havent already

Only a few times.

David
03-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Only a few times.

v26

Chippiewill
03-01-2013, 01:55 AM
v28 now, but who's counting! hehehe

Grig
03-01-2013, 08:03 AM
It's great to say habbox is dying, but some suggestions would be nice. We have had people come on here moaning about it but if you give something more concrete, then I'm sure it could be discussed. Habbox is in no way as popular as it once was, but there's no obvious month on month decline that would reinforce the severity of it.

GoldenMerc
03-01-2013, 08:10 AM
make barkseh fm again

Grig
03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
make barkseh fm again Wasn't he only rm :p?

GoldenMerc
03-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Wasn't he only rm :p?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=168955
is as far as i can get with simple search, but he was FM while baving was AGM :P

xxMATTGxx
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
To be honest I have a feeling the only reason this was posted was some kind of "trolling" event the thread creator and other friends started to have but failed quite badly. Not saying such threads like this aren't allowed but there is a connection.

Rachel
03-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Habbox is not dying whatsoever. If you have any ideas to improve then don't hesitate to tell the senior management and I am sure they will do everything to keep the fansite going great.

I love Habbox and Habbox will always my 1# Fan

wixard
03-01-2013, 10:33 AM
SAME ****, DIFFERENT DAY

cant we all just get along, ive no problem with forum activity i think it's fine? look at it compared to others. don't care about the rest of habbox

nvrspk4
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=168955
is as far as i can get with simple search, but he was FM while baving was AGM :P

No Barkseh was never FM, he was AVIPM for me and Baving and later became a co-VIPM. Eckuii and I were made admins at the same time, him as AFM and me as VIPM, and Barkseh soon after. This was also when Jin rejoined the team and the momentous change was made that regular members no longer had to have your Habbo name as your forum name :o

Kardan
03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
No Barkseh was never FM, he was AVIPM for me and Baving and later became a co-VIPM. Eckuii and I were made admins at the same time, him as AFM and me as VIPM, and Barkseh soon after. This was also when Jin rejoined the team and the momentous change was made that regular members no longer had to have your Habbo name as your forum name :o

That meant no more free username changes if you weren't VIP :P

GommeInc
03-01-2013, 01:53 PM
It's certainly losing activity. Since Habbo went anti-fansite at a crucial moment where "older" members were leaving to go to Uni or into full-time employment, newer members were not coming in and/or lasting as long as those older members - nothing was keeping them entertained.

There's nothing you can really do to reverse this. Turning it into a teen forum is another way of saing "closing time is imminent".

-:Undertaker:-
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
I will probably be here to the end, whenever that is.

It's sad to see 'managed decline' taking place though, surely a big push can be made by staff to recruit more members. Back in my day we used to have recruitment pushes to get as many people joining as possible, you just don't see that anymore.

-Nick
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
If habbox closes due to problems... Would all people who have brought VIP with a valid prof like if you spent money on it... Would we get a refund :=(

Samantha
03-01-2013, 04:18 PM

If habbox closes due to problems... Would all people who have brought VIP with a valid prof like if you spent money on it... Would we get a refund :=(

No, it states in the faq I think.

Kardan
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM

I'm not management, but I'm pretty certain the answer is no.

the.games
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
No, it states in the faq I think.

For whoever wanted to know the T's and C's say:

Should you ever donate to Habbox, or become Habbox VIP you will warrant the following:

Habboxforum.com reserves the right to terminate/remove/transfer/modify/limit any or all parts of your subscription at any time without notice.
Nobody at habboxforum.com or Habbox.com would get to see your credit/debit card details or ask for them, only PayPal get access to them, Go to www.paypal.com (http://www.paypal.com/) for more information. We would like to add that they are the company that processes most of Ebay's credit/debit card transactions and many other worldwide organisations as well.
Refunds will only be given at the Habbox owners' discretion.

Plus I think that Habbox will stay open for a while yet, and although the popularity of Habbo is decreasing, I think that large scale events suh as HxSS show that there are still many users that want to get involved with it :P.

dirrty
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
the forum will NEVER close and i will NEVER leave (well that's a lie). hxf 4 lyf

xxMATTGxx
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM

No, it's in the FAQ's and Habbox isn't closing any time soon.

GoldenMerc
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Even if it closed, are you that stingey over £1.50 or what not

xxMATTGxx
03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
By the way, all those Habbo credits you bought - You don't get your money back if Habbo closes tomorrow. Same principle :P

GoldenMerc
03-01-2013, 06:16 PM
By the way, all those Habbo credits you bought - You don't get your money back if Habbo closes tomorrow. Same principle :P

you as a habbo never own the credits or anything you buy with them, so yeh its pretty understandable

xxMATTGxx
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
you as a habbo never own the credits or anything you buy with them, so yeh its pretty understandable

You as a Habbox user don't personally own the subscription either.

Aaron
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM

Why would you get a refund.. Even though they don't do refunds plus all money raised is going towards charity. You'd have to be quite heartless to take money back from a charity.

GoldenMerc
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
You as a Habbox user don't personally own the subscription either.

I never said I did, I was asking why you'd even want the £1.50 back anyway... (towards darkred,)

xxMATTGxx
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I never said I did, I was asking why you'd even want the £1.50 back anyway... (towards darkred,)

Good question, why would you want £1.50 back.

nvrspk4
04-01-2013, 09:51 AM
That meant no more free username changes if you weren't VIP :P

Nope you could always get a free username change to your Habbo name (or rather you were entitled to one for a while from that change).

I don't remember what the policy was when you switched Habbo names but I'm pretty sure as long as you could prove it was your main you were granted the change. When sierk was active in the forum he was pretty clear that he thought that changes to Habbo name should be a right.

Mr-Trainor
04-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Nope you could always get a free username change to your Habbo name (or rather you were entitled to one for a while from that change).

I don't remember what the policy was when you switched Habbo names but I'm pretty sure as long as you could prove it was your main you were granted the change. When sierk was active in the forum he was pretty clear that he thought that changes to Habbo name should be a right.
Yep, you're still entitled to that free name change according to the FAQs:

Normal Members and Donators
If you are a normal member or a Donator, then you may only change your name to your Habbo name. To do this you must send a Private Message to Chris (by clicking here (http://www.habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=55895)) and then send him a Friend Request on Habbo.com, this will help you to provide proof that you are the owner of the account.

MissAlice
05-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Its clear that Habbox is dying - and fast. I am here today to ask the simple question.....*5 SECOND PAUSE* what is being done about it?

I may not post very often, but I have some thoughts!

I wouldn’t say it’s dying. Habbox has survived quite successfully for some 9-10 years, how many other Habbo fansites can say the same?

The pace rises and falls, new members join some stay and some leave.

What needs to happen is a greater retention of new members. How that can be done, I have no idea! But following Habbos lead I doubt would be a way forward, they are after all money orientated, they are a business and profit comes before community spirit.

You only have to look to Sulake and the many changes they have made. Look at 2004 when the Canadian and American hotels opened. Sulake saw the dollar sign, which probably worked for a while, then presumably a decline in membership to make them think of orchestrating a merge where they could cut costs, and entice members into buying more and more regularly released new furni. Let’s not forget inflation on Habbo, what is now the cost of the average limited item? Rares were never more than 25 credits.

Habbox is a site which offers a different service to that of Sulake, both have had trials and errors, but Sulake by far have made the most and are chasing their own tails running around in circles until they come up with their next idea on how to make more money. All Habbox has to do is maintain a good momentum, promote the community and retain new and old members.

Rachel
05-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I may not post very often, but I have some thoughts!

I wouldn’t say it’s dying. Habbox has survived quite successfully for some 9-10 years, how many other Habbo fansites can say the same?

The pace rises and falls, new members join some stay and some leave.

What needs to happen is a greater retention of new members. How that can be done, I have no idea! But following Habbos lead I doubt would be a way forward, they are after all money orientated, they are a business and profit comes before community spirit.

You only have to look to Sulake and the many changes they have made. Look at 2004 when the Canadian and American hotels opened. Sulake saw the dollar sign, which probably worked for a while, then presumably a decline in membership to make them think of orchestrating a merge where they could cut costs, and entice members into buying more and more regularly released new furni. Let’s not forget inflation on Habbo, what is now the cost of the average limited item? Rares were never more than 25 credits.

Habbox is a site which offers a different service to that of Sulake, both have had trials and errors, but Sulake by far have made the most and are chasing their own tails running around in circles until they come up with their next idea on how to make more money. All Habbox has to do is maintain a good momentum, promote the community and retain new and old members.

I +rep you for this post. Very constructive also.

wiffee1000
05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
I COMPLETELY AGREE. I DO AGREE WITH LAUREN. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. I THINK WE SHOULD INSTALL NEW TOILETS IN THE BACK YARD WHERE I CAN HAVE MY BIG FAT DUMP WHEN NEEDED. Thank-you.

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

GoldenMerc
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I COMPLETELY AGREE. I DO AGREE WITH LAUREN. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. I THINK WE SHOULD INSTALL NEW TOILETS IN THE BACK YARD WHERE I CAN HAVE MY BIG FAT DUMP WHEN NEEDED. Thank-you.

I TOTALLY AGREE BRO

to be fair, Habbox is still running, people still sign up on a daily basis, some of the competitions are absolute crap, I mean that maths one is just so pointless, not even worth looking at.

Jazz
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
So has the 4 best friends for life had a Skype call or something so they decide to come troll Habbox?

This made me laugh lmao.

I think Habbox is starting to improve, you can't really judge over this kind of period as christmas time is always low on staff obviously. I don't know much about the other departments as I only focus on HabboxLive but I can tell you a bit of what we are doing in HxL..

We are planning events with both Habbox Help Desk and the Events departments, and planning a few little surprises of our own. Unfortunately both myself and Jade have been on limited activity over the christmas break, so not all went to plan but we are certainly working hard now we are back!

Samantha
05-01-2013, 12:12 PM
This made me laugh lmao.

I think Habbox is starting to improve, you can't really judge over this kind of period as christmas time is always low on staff obviously. I don't know much about the other departments as I only focus on HabboxLive but I can tell you a bit of what we are doing in HxL..

We are planning events with both Habbox Help Desk and the Events departments, and planning a few little surprises of our own. Unfortunately both myself and Jade have been on limited activity over the christmas break, so not all went to plan but we are certainly working hard now we are back!

Yeah I do agree actually. I'll go on about news for now but the lack of reports to do has made various people miss minimums and such, really the only department (I can possibly see) doing well with being community over Christmas is Rare Values - not because people use them but due to the amount of released items and the fact everything seems to be increasing in price at the moment :P.

Habbox isn't dying, I think the audience is getting a bit older though.

Grig
05-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah I do agree actually. I'll go on about news for now but the lack of reports to do has made various people miss minimums and such, really the only department (I can possibly see) doing well with being community over Christmas is Rare Values - not because people use them but due to the amount of released items and the fact everything seems to be increasing in price at the moment :P.

Habbox isn't dying, I think the audience is getting a bit older though.

Yeh, nor will anyone bother to read reports if they are done say 4 days after the event happened. The problem though is that it's harder to get people to join news nowadays, which is a shame.

Richie
05-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Even if this is a troll thread, I'm going to explain my views. I don't like being negative but I'll voice my opinion anyway. I can't see habbox improving greatly in the near future, I do hope I'm wrong and someone quotes me a year or two down the line saying 'i told you so'. I don't want to see habbox fall apart but I just don't see many new people signing up to the forum / coming to the site and sticking around. Sure, there's the odd few but not enough for the 'next generation of habbox'. I don't think many of the addicts around here will be leaving too soon so we'll get a while out of it yet :P but if we haven't got a plan to get new users to come to the website other than through habbo, we're screwed. Habbo haven't been showing fansites support for some time now and I'm not saying lets put the ceos head on a stick and chant DOWN WITH HABBO, we should have other ways to gain users, don't count on those who have let us down time and time again, left us in the dirt after indirectly doing them a massive favour, for me without fansites the site would have been dead a long time ago. That's why I don't think it's habbox's fault, we've had our ups and downs but that has nothing to do with lack of new members. The decline in new members has dropped over the years but that's down to habbo, which really frustrates me as we don't seem to have a backup plan other than habbo. I understand we're a habbo fansite but would it really hurt to go through other routes other than habbo to catch new users? It's annoying how a lot of people think this fansite is solely based around habbo, yes, the fansite generated from habbo and caters to the habbo community but I know a hell of a lot of users that come on here for other things like gaming, advice, technology news, news in general and then you just have a few that don't play habbo and just come on here to socialize with some of the other users. Fair enough a lot of them have started off on habbo then left over the years, if anything that just proves that there's no other ways being attempted to get new users. If those users can stick around and enjoy other things around the forum other than habbo, others who haven't even heard about habbo could too.

GoldenMerc
05-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Even if this is a troll thread, I'm going to explain my views. I don't like being negative but I'll voice my opinion anyway. I can't see habbox improving greatly in the near future, I do hope I'm wrong and someone quotes me a year or two down the line saying 'i told you so'. I don't want to see habbox fall apart but I just don't see many new people signing up to the forum / coming to the site and sticking around. Sure, there's the odd few but not enough for the 'next generation of habbox'. I don't think many of the addicts around here will be leaving too soon so we'll get a while out of it yet :P but if we haven't got a plan to get new users to come to the website other than through habbo, we're screwed. Habbo haven't been showing fansites support for some time now and I'm not saying lets put the ceos head on a stick and chant DOWN WITH HABBO, we should have other ways to gain users, don't count on those who have let us down time and time again, left us in the dirt after indirectly doing them a massive favour, for me without fansites the site would have been dead a long time ago. That's why I don't think it's habbox's fault, we've had our ups and downs but that has nothing to do with lack of new members. The decline in new members has dropped over the years but that's down to habbo, which really frustrates me as we don't seem to have a backup plan other than habbo. I understand we're a habbo fansite but would it really hurt to go through other routes other than habbo to catch new users? It's annoying how a lot of people think this fansite is solely based around habbo, yes, the fansite generated from habbo and caters to the habbo community but I know a hell of a lot of users that come on here for other things like gaming, advice, technology news, news in general and then you just have a few that don't play habbo and just come on here to socialize with some of the other users. Fair enough a lot of them have started off on habbo then left over the years, if anything that just proves that there's no other ways being attempted to get new users. If those users can stick around and enjoy other things around the forum other than habbo, others who haven't even heard about habbo could too.

What you posted made sense considering a lot of people dont post in Habbo sections anymore, At one point they may have but time has past and they have moved on to other parts of the forum, +rep x

FlyingJesus
05-01-2013, 02:31 PM
What other routes would you suggest? There are far too many *+*TeeN SiiTeS*+* for that to ever be a viable option these days, and the same goes for tech and health etc. - the only avenue left open for new sources of users is gaming, for which most games will already have their own forums and communities too. I don't know what the Hx Runescape crew is like atm if there even is one still but something like that where there's already a community of people here would be good advocates for bringing in new folk, but that's rather dependant on the members and not something that staff can force.

Also it's important to note that as I've been saying for years now the problem is not so much in sourcing new members (of which there is generally a fairly steady flow) but in keeping them here once they do sign up. It's all very well having 100 new people a day but if none stay for more than 5 posts then it does nothing to help Habbox grow.

Chippiewill
05-01-2013, 02:38 PM
What you posted made sense considering a lot of people dont post in Habbo sections anymore, At one point they may have but time has past and they have moved on to other parts of the forum, +rep x

http://i.imgur.com/3vO25.png

Habbo is still pretty damn popular.

GoldenMerc
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM

I would have thought graphics and entertainment at bottom tbh

Rachel
05-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Well there is certainly something we can surely do. We all have to put our minds into it. If one day Habbo shuts down all fansites are going down unless like it was mentioned earlier if we turned this into another kind of forum maybe for teens. It's always nice to join a teen forum with various of topics to talk about but yes there are plenty of them but it's the same for every topic. No one can be picky you know. I highly doubt though Habbox will die yet not even in 10 years from now.

Inseriousity.
05-01-2013, 03:21 PM
It is fundamentally a Habbo fansite and it'd be pointless trying to attract other areas of people here when they'll have their own forums that are more catered to their needs (trying to attract runescape fans, for example, when we have 1 runescape forum and runescape fansites can have hundreds is ridiculous). I firmly believe that there is a lot of untapped potential in Habbo, corners of Habbo that fansites do not traditionally venture and I see it as part of my job to find these areas and think of practical services that fansites could provide to build bridges between those users and Habbox. Sadly this rhethoric is useless unless you actually have an idea of practical services and most of these threads are built on hot air with no foundation that anyone can build on. Habbox used to be known throughout the trading world as the place to go for rare values back when the marketplace didn't do it for them. It is about that principle but for a new generation of Habbos who would nowadays go 'what's Habbox?' If we can do that, I see no reason to start the funeral just yet.

FlyingJesus
05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Definitely agree that a bigger push on the client is needed, events I know are looking to hire more staff (AND A CAPABLE ASSISTANT MANAGER WOULD BE GOOD HINT HINT) but one thing I'd revolutionise if I were in a role to do so (MORE HINTS) is to make sure that people in events are actually telling contestants to sign up or at least take a look around the site. I think the minor annoyance of a single copy&paste advertisement a few times per event - for example at the start and end of each round for longer games or just every 10 mins or so for continuous ones - would be well worth coping with if it means that more people get interested or at least hear about us. Suggestions on what we then do to KEEP them here is something I can't think of right now, but still believe that if we're getting people from Habbo then Habbo is the platform we need to utilise in order to carry Hx forwards

Kardan
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM

This graph doesn't show much, I mean, it's showing that Habbo is popular on a Habbo Forum, which is to be as expected :P

Chippiewill
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Definitely agree that a bigger push on the client is needed, events I know are looking to hire more staff (AND A CAPABLE ASSISTANT MANAGER WOULD BE GOOD HINT HINT) but one thing I'd revolutionise if I were in a role to do so (MORE HINTS) is to make sure that people in events are actually telling contestants to sign up or at least take a look around the site. I think the minor annoyance of a single copy&paste advertisement a few times per event - for example at the start and end of each round for longer games or just every 10 mins or so for continuous ones - would be well worth coping with if it means that more people get interested or at least hear about us. Suggestions on what we then do to KEEP them here is something I can't think of right now, but still believe that if we're getting people from Habbo then Habbo is the platform we need to utilise in order to carry Hx forwards

Agreed 100%, the only time Habbox is mentioned in Martin's events is when he asks people if they want rep or furni.

xxMATTGxx
05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
This graph doesn't show much, I mean, it's showing that Habbo is popular on a Habbo Forum, which is to be as expected :P

Well it proves that people still post in the Habbo sections which is why it was posted in the first place :P

Kardan
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Well it proves that people still post in the Habbo sections which is why it was posted in the first place :P
Yes, how people would doubt that is beyond me :P

zombies
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
hopefully the website will go in the right way :)!

Richie
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but seeing as this is about habboxs future, any news on v7 (A)

Kardan
05-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but seeing as this is about habboxs future, any news on v7 (A)

Version 8 will probably be done first :P

Tom
05-01-2013, 09:23 PM

Yeah, news still exists in V7 - don't worry :)

Richie
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah, news still exists in V7 - don't worry :)

I'm asking when do you think it'll be completed you bobba

GoldenMerc
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
by the time you become the next pyroka, v7 will be dun

Chippiewill
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM

It'll be completed when it's done.

Yupt
05-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Is there any data showing the number of new members at Habbox Forum per month over the last few years? That might show us what there is that's to deal with.

FlyingJesus
05-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Is there any data showing the number of new members at Habbox Forum per month over the last few years? That might show us what there is that's to deal with.

For some reason the member list link will only show people who've made 10 posts or more, but even that is somewhat enlightening - only 9 new members since the end of November have done so, and I am absolutely certain that there have been many more than 9 people signing up in the last month and a bit

xxMATTGxx
05-01-2013, 10:44 PM
According to AdminCP around 933 people signed up in the month of December and 79 of those posted 1 post or more.

FlyingJesus
05-01-2013, 10:45 PM
1 or more WOOOOOOOOOOOO

xxMATTGxx
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
1 or more WOOOOOOOOOOOO

18 out of the 79 posted 5 posts or more :P

FlyingJesus
05-01-2013, 10:52 PM
STILL RUBBISH MAKE ME ASSISTANT EVENTS MANAGER

Stephen
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
the future of habbox involves giving people vip if they spam the forum every week

Yupt
05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Yes but the large majority of those posts are going to be their own welcome threads and replies.

Kardan
05-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Perhaps some sort of scheme to do with referrals might encourage people to get their friends to sign up?

dirrty
05-01-2013, 11:16 PM
is habbo hotels general appeal/general usage in decline? if so, there's not really much fansites can do if the main thing it's associated with is also in decline. obviously this doesn't mean the forum shouldn't do anything, but it'll be a difficult task to attract new members whilst existing ones steadily leave the forum (and habbo if they use it).

Yupt
05-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Perhaps some sort of scheme to do with referrals might encourage people to get their friends to sign up?

I like this idea. What about "Referral VIP" or something, if you get 5 unique people signed up within a month then you get it. I don't know.

Kardan
05-01-2013, 11:46 PM
I like this idea. What about "Referral VIP" or something, if you get 5 unique people signed up within a month then you get it. I don't know.

Indeed, but of course IP checks would have to be done and rather than 'sign up', perhaps get over a certain post count. Otherwise we'll just get more account creations with no real increase in numbers. Of course the number of people and timeframe can change to suit what is the correct value.

Yupt
05-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Indeed, but of course IP checks would have to be done and rather than 'sign up', perhaps get over a certain post count. Otherwise we'll just get more account creations with no real increase in numbers. Of course the number of people and timeframe can change to suit what is the correct value.

Yeah the IP, that's what I was trying to say with the unique thing. But I agree completely.

Can we look into this?

Kardan
05-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah the IP, that's what I was trying to say with the unique thing. But I agree completely.

Can we look into this?

I think if it gets done, you need to make it enticing for users to actually take part in. I mean if it's just VIP, people probably won't bother because it's a lot easier to get 100 posts per week or take part in Habbox Events/Comps. Perhaps just 'Referral VIP' which is a unique colour that gets changed every few months?

Yupt
06-01-2013, 12:27 AM
I think if it gets done, you need to make it enticing for users to actually take part in. I mean if it's just VIP, people probably won't bother because it's a lot easier to get 100 posts per week or take part in Habbox Events/Comps. Perhaps just 'Referral VIP' which is a unique colour that gets changed every few months?

Exactly what I was thinking. I had in mind like a really dark grey/silver. Is there anything for that colour yet?

If we can get people onto the forum then all we need to do is get them to stay. With just more Competitions and on-forum activities then we're laughing. Habbo goes down, we stay up. How many fansites beat their own site of interest. haha.

Kardan
06-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. I had in mind like a really dark grey/silver. Is there anything for that colour yet?

If we can get people onto the forum then all we need to do is get them to stay. With just more Competitions and on-forum activities then we're laughing. Habbo goes down, we stay up. How many fansites beat their own site of interest. haha.

I'm sure there's a Christmas colour that is a dark grey. I'm sure a colour can be found though :)

Yupt
06-01-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm sure there's a Christmas colour that is a dark grey. I'm sure a colour can be found though :)

Get some shade of a random colour, maybe a fancy underline. As long as its distinctive.

FlyingJesus
06-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Having a separate colour for "referral VIP" or "postcount VIP" would be really good in my opinion simply because the postcount one would then show that the person only has the VIP for that reason so they'd get all the features but still be noticed as a spammer :P and referrers would have a VIP colour that is more "rare" since people are far less likely to get loads of referrals all the time than posts, and so referrer VIP would be somewhat more coveted and therefore more fought for

Rachel
06-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Post count vip hmmmmm not really sure but referal vip is a great idea. :)

Foregetfuhl
06-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm actually really liking the idea of refferal vip it must give the events staff a reason to go on about the site/forum more often during their events.

I know some of the DJs do mention signing up to the forum but without say EOs saying about it on client we don't really get new listeners; its all a circle really of everyone helping out each other. Its the same in HxHD. Why can't the people behind there advertise when events are on or even when a DJ is on air a few times throughout the hour it really would help because we sometimes get new traffic in there.

Tom
06-01-2013, 10:55 AM

This is a good idea, but it also comes with things like proxies and, I guess anyone can just go on Habbo and say "sign up to this, you don't need to stay on it or post". But then, it could still work in like events or people who actually want to do it seriously. I don't know what outweighs what. Why can't everyone be trustworthy?

Yupt
06-01-2013, 02:10 PM
This is a good idea, but it also comes with things like proxies and, I guess anyone can just go on Habbo and say "sign up to this, you don't need to stay on it or post". But then, it could still work in like events or people who actually want to do it seriously. I don't know what outweighs what. Why can't everyone be trustworthy?

Perhaps then make it so the have to post at least 5 times to make the referral activate or something.

You could also have then number of referrals on the account info to the right, with rep power and post count etc.

Tom
06-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Perhaps then make it so the have to post at least 5 times to make the referral activate or something.

You could also have then number of referrals on the account info to the right, with rep power and post count etc.

Might be a bit pointless adding it to postbit? It's just another thing that's just 'there' then. However, it is a really good idea in general

GoldenMerc
06-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeh post bits are fairly cluttered as it is

Kardan
06-01-2013, 03:05 PM

This is why I said there must be criteria other than just signing up, e.g being a member for a month/at least 50 posts...

And I'm sure back in the day (not entirely sure now) that you could see the number of referrals in your User CP somewhere, probably long gone by now though...

Samantha
06-01-2013, 03:07 PM

This is why I said there must be criteria other than just signing up, e.g being a member for a month/at least 50 posts...

And I'm sure back in the day (not entirely sure now) that you could see the number of referrals in your User CP somewhere, probably long gone by now though...

It's at the bottom of the about me section, referrals that is :) x.

Kardan
06-01-2013, 03:28 PM
It's at the bottom of the about me section, referrals that is :) x.

I'm at 9 referrals over 8 years which shows you how crap some people are at referrals :P

xxMATTGxx
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
I have 33 and I don't think I've ever told anyone to put my name down. Not bad considering :P

GoldenMerc
06-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I have like 8, iv never told anyone to sign up

auffant1
06-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Reading over this forum and looking at what people have said about rare values heres my thoughts.

I would agree rare values obvisouly isn't what it was, just like every other department :P. But I have seen a few people on Habbo say "O well go check Habbox prices" and things of that nature. Now I know since the MP release people aren't using the values ad much but I still think Habbox Rare Values is a great furni database, seeing as almost every furni is in there :P. So even if the actual values aren't being used, it still is a resource for finding furni and what not.

Alex3213
06-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm definitely for a Referral VIP having a different colour. I think that could be a really good way to get people to sign up as it will be a much rarer colour than Black, Christmas and Blue. I'm not sure if there is a possibility for this but RS have a Refer a Friend scheme where if your friend buys membership, you both get a bonus in XP. I don't know if we can take any ideas from that whatsoever (I haven't thought of any) but perhaps a way for both the referrer and the person being referred get a reward in return (rep points? I'm not sure if its feasible to do something like this really but thought I'd take it out there).

Kardan
06-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm definitely for a Referral VIP having a different colour. I think that could be a really good way to get people to sign up as it will be a much rarer colour than Black, Christmas and Blue. I'm not sure if there is a possibility for this but RS have a Refer a Friend scheme where if your friend buys membership, you both get a bonus in XP. I don't know if we can take any ideas from that whatsoever (I haven't thought of any) but perhaps a way for both the referrer and the person being referred get a reward in return (rep points? I'm not sure if its feasible to do something like this really but thought I'd take it out there).

That could also work, but I'm not entirely sure if new members would have any difference in signing up if they knew they would get rep points, considering they have no idea what they are :P It seems many people like the referral VIP idea, would be nice to know what management think :P

Mr-Trainor
06-01-2013, 09:09 PM
I like the referrals idea, I have 19 but it's been like that for ages now :P. I'm not sure if the VIP needs to be another colour though, unless people have any ideas :D - I can't think of any!

Chris
06-01-2013, 09:13 PM
I considered doing a referral competition a few months back but I'm sure there was a reason I didn't do it which I've forgotten. I really like the idea of having a unique referral vip colour so this is something we could definitely do. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!