PDA

View Full Version : [Building] The Advocate Pub™

Semple
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Recently redesigned my old pub - think I posted it here a few years ago actually. :) Any feedback?

Outside:
http://i47.tinypic.com/25i0vfs.png
Massive credit to Rakker, his country house tutorial helped immensely. :)

Indoors:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2qcotqc.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/wbp1yg.png

Not so sure about the VIP stools, although the lodge stools looked a little odd at the bar. I tried to add some more black to the room so they didn't look so out of place, with the black till and slot machine. Oh and the bit at the right side is supposed to be stairs leading to an upstairs flat, but the lodge overlaps the tiles for some reason. :/

Pigperson
03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Your rooms look pretty good. The exterior looks really nice although it doesn't look that much like a pub, I just don't typically see pretty birdbaths and oriental things outside a pub lol.

The interior looks good too, it has a warm feeling to it although the tile flooring doesn't look as nice IMO because it's the same as outside and I think carpet (like usva rugs) or cabin wood flooring would look great to make it look rustic. Shame also about the stairs but I think if you use the cabin wood flooring, you could use cabin stone+wood tiles (the raisable ones) to make stairs and I don't think they would be overlapped by the lodge bars. That would look really good IMO.

Well done though :D

Will

LiquidLuck.
03-01-2013, 12:12 AM
This looks really really good! Amazingly done tbh, the only thing I'd do is put the red carpet to go to the door tele, and I dislike the lodge because it glitches with the tiles when you have stairs. >.<

JerseySafety
03-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Looks awesome, can't really see any errors. Well done!

Zelda
03-01-2013, 08:13 AM
I love the outside, though in my opinion the inside is a bit messy, the marble tiles and brown tiles for instance at the far right of the room.

Outside is fabulous though and I rly love the use of the tables on the roofs :)

Rachel
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Both looks great. I am sure it takes a lot of time and money to do all of this! Way to go =)

orientalframe?
03-01-2013, 01:05 PM
i quite like the outside, but i'm not really sure on the random pillar on one of the cabin wood stone things :P i don't like the stacked up tiles as the stairs because of the lodge kinda overlapping it - but i'm sure you can replace them (with maybe the cabin wood stones you used on the outside room). i like the classic feel to it, great effort :)

geo
03-01-2013, 06:11 PM
oh wow, that's so cool. the room's don't really link that much though, imo. like i would have thought the exterior would link more to a fancy restaurant, it's just a surprise. i do like the interior though, it's nice. it's a shame about the overlapping of the marble tiles but i know most things would be overlapped so there's not much you can do about that. :( +rep tho

Semple
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Your rooms look pretty good. The exterior looks really nice although it doesn't look that much like a pub, I just don't typically see pretty birdbaths and oriental things outside a pub lol.

The interior looks good too, it has a warm feeling to it although the tile flooring doesn't look as nice IMO because it's the same as outside and I think carpet (like usva rugs) or cabin wood flooring would look great to make it look rustic. Shame also about the stairs but I think if you use the cabin wood flooring, you could use cabin stone+wood tiles (the raisable ones) to make stairs and I don't think they would be overlapped by the lodge bars. That would look really good IMO.

Well done though :D

Will
Truth be told, it was originally designed as the outdoors of a dog rehoming centre. But the inside was very frustrating and I eventually gave up and just linked it to my pub. :p Going to have another bash at the rehoming centre so I'll probably create a new room for the pub. :)

I actually have cabin floor in my inventory and gave it a shot, but I just thought it clashed with the lodge a bit and really didn't like how there was gaps between the flooring when the room is zoomed out. Got quite a lot of flooring so I'll test it out with a few different looks. Thanks for the advice. :D

This looks really really good! Amazingly done tbh, the only thing I'd do is put the red carpet to go to the door tele, and I dislike the lodge because it glitches with the tiles when you have stairs. >.<
Thank you. :) Just noticed the carpet, I'll fix it. Not going to remove the lodge though, since it's like the main component of the room. :P

Looks awesome, can't really see any errors. Well done!
Cheers. :D

I love the outside, though in my opinion the inside is a bit messy, the marble tiles and brown tiles for instance at the far right of the room.

Outside is fabulous though and I rly love the use of the tables on the roofs :)
Oh okay, to be honest I might just remove the upstairs altogether considering the flat isn't even complete yet haha.

Thanks for the crit. :)

Both looks great. I am sure it takes a lot of time and money to do all of this! Way to go =)
Thanks a lot. :)

i quite like the outside, but i'm not really sure on the random pillar on one of the cabin wood stone things :P i don't like the stacked up tiles as the stairs because of the lodge kinda overlapping it - but i'm sure you can replace them (with maybe the cabin wood stones you used on the outside room). i like the classic feel to it, great effort :)
Hahaha if it's the part I think you're talking about, then it's not a pillar, I think it's just a lodge wall in the background. :L It's only there to cover the tree background since I forgot to add a cabin tile to the part and really can't be bothered restacking. :P I'll be sure to give the cabin wood stones a try.

oh wow, that's so cool. the room's don't really link that much though, imo. like i would have thought the exterior would link more to a fancy restaurant, it's just a surprise. i do like the interior though, it's nice. it's a shame about the overlapping of the marble tiles but i know most things would be overlapped so there's not much you can do about that. :( +rep tho
Thank you. :) Yeah those two seem to be the biggest criticisms.

LiquidLuck.
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
I meant just in the stairs part, it looks really weird.

orientalframe?
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Hahaha if it's the part I think you're talking about, then it's not a pillar, I think it's just a lodge wall in the background. :L It's only there to cover the tree background since I forgot to add a cabin tile to the part and really can't be bothered restacking. :P I'll be sure to give the cabin wood stones a try.

i have no idea what i was on about :O i'm sorry haha i meant the rainbow on the cabin stones :P

Semple
12-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Since pretty the main criticism was the stairway, I've just decided to remove it. Hopefully it looks a little better now:
http://i47.tinypic.com/ei01e1.png

Added toner to the outdoors too, and removed the random rainbow. :P
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mg4mxj.png

Empired
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I much prefer the second design of the pub because the marble + brown tiles did look odd. But stacking tiles means that everything overlaps them so it was probably best to just remove it completely.

Although I do like the rooms, I find the inside and the outside to be a bit cluttered and OTT. In this case, I think less would be more. I really like the outside of the actual pub building but it really doesn't look like it's meant to be a pub :P If you designed it for something else, though, that's fine. I'm not a huge fan of the marble tiles next to the roads 'cause the colours are complete opposites. I'm also not sure about the random three pet pillows outside? Are they for the pets you have in the room?
Also, I do like the benches outside but I think park benches (the brown ones which you can have snow on) would look better than lodge.

I like the inside a lot :) The only bit I'm not too keen on is the way the lodge bars + corners finish above the walls on the actual bar bit (if that makes sense?) It just looks a little odd, although I'm not really sure how you could fix it to be honest :(

Er I really like your second designs of the room though so I'll +rep them :)

Semple
16-01-2013, 08:13 PM
I much prefer the second design of the pub because the marble + brown tiles did look odd. But stacking tiles means that everything overlaps them so it was probably best to just remove it completely.

Although I do like the rooms, I find the inside and the outside to be a bit cluttered and OTT. In this case, I think less would be more. I really like the outside of the actual pub building but it really doesn't look like it's meant to be a pub :P If you designed it for something else, though, that's fine. I'm not a huge fan of the marble tiles next to the roads 'cause the colours are complete opposites. I'm also not sure about the random three pet pillows outside? Are they for the pets you have in the room?
Also, I do like the benches outside but I think park benches (the brown ones which you can have snow on) would look better than lodge.

I like the inside a lot :) The only bit I'm not too keen on is the way the lodge bars + corners finish above the walls on the actual bar bit (if that makes sense?) It just looks a little odd, although I'm not really sure how you could fix it to be honest :(

Er I really like your second designs of the room though so I'll +rep them :)

Thanks a lot for the crit, much appreciated. :D

Yeah I agree on the first point haha, my pet hate are rooms that are too bare, so I guess I have a tendency to overcompensate. :p Mmm okay, I see what you mean about the marble tiles, I just don't know what I could replace them with. With regards to the benches, I figured there was a sufficient amount of yellow in the room that they wouldn't look too of place, I'll definitely give the other benches a shot though. And yeah, the dogs beds are for the 3 terriers in the room.

Never really noticed that in regards to the bar area - if I had the top lodge dividers on level with the walls though, the gap between the two sets of dividers would be really narrow, if you get me? Not sure it's worth changing.

Thanks again. :)

Samantha
17-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I really like the top room, I think it's the way it contrasts in elegant and cheaper furni. Not sure about the other room ad I haven't seen one like that in a while xD.

Semple
26-01-2013, 04:25 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/rw6gya.png

Redesigned the outside. Basically simplified it a little and made it less cluttered - hopefully it looks more pub-like now. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!