PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Council/Player Support & Bans

October
03-01-2013, 09:49 PM
So, I was on Hotel View, talking to a friend via console, and I got 7 f/r's, all of whom thought I was a moderator because of the Habbo Council. They asked for my help, with their bans, etc, and just... I haven't really been involved with Habbo since the Mute and all that, so I'm a bit out of everything, but is the stuff with Player Support still the same? Has it not been improved?

They said they were banned (permed) unfairly, and that player support is ignoring them, etc, and I just find it silly that we spent a month planning the Council and performing our duties to have all the work wasted and nothing be improved.

So yeah, can someone clarify, how exactly is PS and bans now days?

I messaged Puffin my concerns and then checked her Habbo profile and saw her motto; can't believe she's gone, now, too.
Samanfa; 650c; Ekelektra;

Okeanos
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Your tone is amusing, you seem to think the 'habbo council' helped to alleviate the problems with player support. It did no such thing, it was a pointless experiment which served little purpose and helped nobody. I do not know what you mean by duties and wasted work, from what I can recall only about half of you turned up to the thing and still less did what you were supposed to be doing.

Samantha
03-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Your tone is amusing, you seem to think the 'habbo council' helped to alleviate the problems with player support. It did no such thing, it was a pointless experiment which served little purpose and helped nobody. I do not know what you mean by duties and wasted work, from what I can recall only about half of you turned up to the thing and still less did what you were supposed to be doing.

Actually, the roles we gave were pointless, yes some of the players working on it did nothing throughout the whole campaign but those that did spent endless hours in the room attempting to help people who felt they were banned wrongly. It wasn't our fault we could only consider bans from 13th-25th March 2011 or something silly like that. We had no special powers but at least we did get some people unbanned again due to the moderators on duty back then. It didn't help the problem in the sense that all bans are fine now, as hardly any of them are but it did help some people and really, even if we helped just one person it was a good deed.

Bans now are still flawed October; players get banned and muted for minor things that aren't worth it, people just report for no reason and sometimes, if you get hold of a guardian many voted that is what bad thus got players muted. Player support isn't that good in some cases too, it's difficult for some to contact them too as sometimes you can't reply to tickets via email or on the actual page itself.

karter
03-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Well I appealed for an inappropriate name ban when Yurre told me they will definitely unban me as my reason was relevant.

6 months later.. *sigh*

October
03-01-2013, 10:53 PM

What Samanfa said + the point of the council was to listen to you all, and we got enough to go on, really, and it was expected that with what we got, they'd change how they give bans and sort them and such, but apparently not. The thing with the council was there was a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that went on, outside of the room.

Kardan
03-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Since when did the Habbo Council no longer mean Callie's group of friends that got given a rare badge?

Abdicators
04-01-2013, 12:03 AM
In regards to the first post, Puffin left Sulake on the 1st January. :)

Samantha
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
In regards to the first post, Puffin left Sulake on the 1st January. :)

2013 or 2012?

Abdicators
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
2013 or 2012?

1st January, 2013.

Okeanos
04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Since when did the Habbo Council no longer mean Callie's group of friends that got given a rare badge?

Uhm since about 6 months ago when Paul chose random people to be on a joke habbo council which lasted a few weeks. Pretty much nobody is around who remembers the original council, most people do not know it ever existed lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!