PDA

View Full Version : EXAM CLASH

iBlueBox
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
If you have two exams that clash at the same time and they both add up to 3 hours, Are you allowed to sit one exam in the morning and one in the afternoon?

Kardan
05-01-2013, 09:58 PM
What is the issue? You will sit them consecutively, I've had to do this in the past, and 3 hours is nothing. I have 3 hour individual exams, so if I had a clash, I'd have 6 hours.

If you can't sit them consecutively, you'll be kept in isolation until the next exam start period. Depends how your school/college/university organises their exams.

iBlueBox
05-01-2013, 10:03 PM
What is the issue? You will sit them consecutively, I've had to do this in the past, and 3 hours is nothing. I have 3 hour individual exams, so if I had a clash, I'd have 6 hours.

If you can't sit them consecutively, you'll be kept in isolation until the next exam start period. Depends how your school/college/university organises their exams.

Because after sitting an 75 minute exam and then going into 135 minute exam straight afterwards going to be pretty difficult remembering all the information after that 75 minute exam.

''

2.10 If candidates are taking two or more papers timetabled in a session and the total time ismore than three hours including extra time and/or supervised rest breaks, you may conductan examination in a later or earlier session within the same day, without the need to completeany paperwork. Prior permission from an awarding body is not required. However, thesecurity of the examination must still be maintained.

Kardan
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Because after sitting an 75 minute exam and then going into 135 minute exam straight afterwards going to be pretty difficult remembering all the information after that 75 minute exam.

''

2.10 If candidates are taking two or more papers timetabled in a session and the total time ismore than three hours including extra time and/or supervised rest breaks, you may conductan examination in a later or earlier session within the same day, without the need to completeany paperwork. Prior permission from an awarding body is not required. However, thesecurity of the examination must still be maintained.

Sounds like you can choose then. Either take them consecutively, which I would prefer, or go into isolation which means no contact with the outside world between exams. So you and an invigilator alone together until the next exam period.

iBlueBox
05-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Sounds like you can choose then. Either take them consecutively, which I would prefer, or go into isolation which means no contact with the outside world between exams. So you and an invigilator alone together until the next exam period.

I would do them consecutively but because the style of the RE exam is to remember one long essay of by heart I would need a break between them,

Kardan
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
I would do them consecutively but because the style of the RE exam is to remember one long essay of by heart I would need a break between them,
It depends though what you can do in isolation, I've never been in isolation before so I wouldn't know. I'd assume you would be able to take revision notes in for the next exam, but I'd ask first.

Zak
06-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Why would you study RE?!

iBlueBox
06-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Why would you study RE?!

Because I love Philosophy and Ethics, thats what the whole course is,
I love the ethical situations and theories but philosophical discussions such as the teleological argument, I've always loved RE since primary school and have always done pretty good in it.

lawrawrrr
06-01-2013, 12:58 PM
The way it always worked in my school is that you'd sit one exam in the morning (say from 9-12) then you'd have a lunch break, but you'd have to sit in a silent, isolated room with an invigilator with you at all times, no phones or things either (but you can revise), then you'd sit the other exam at 1:30 when the afternoon exam would normally start.

Mr-Trainor
06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I was told by a teacher at my college that you can be made to sit as many exams in one day as long as the total doesn't exceed a certain amount of hours, which I think was 6 - but I can't quite remember. But yeah I'm glad I've never had a clash/two back-to-back, as having two on the same day (which I will have) is bad enough :(.

iBlueBox
07-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I was told by a teacher at my college that you can be made to sit as many exams in one day as long as the total doesn't exceed a certain amount of hours, which I think was 6 - but I can't quite remember. But yeah I'm glad I've never had a clash/two back-to-back, as having two on the same day (which I will have) is bad enough :(.

Six hours according to JCQ Guidelines your allowed to do Two exams on one day, and then do the other exam the next day If they all clashed at the same time.

However sometimes you may be asked to stay at an examiners or teachers house where you have to be in isolation till you start the exam and not watch tv ect,

or your parents have to sign a contract saying you wont be allowed to speak to anyone, watch tv, internet ect and have to take you to school and wait till you start the other exam.

Mr-Trainor
09-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Six hours according to JCQ Guidelines your allowed to do Two exams on one day, and then do the other exam the next day If they all clashed at the same time.

However sometimes you may be asked to stay at an examiners or teachers house where you have to be in isolation till you start the exam and not watch tv ect,

or your parents have to sign a contract saying you wont be allowed to speak to anyone, watch tv, internet ect and have to take you to school and wait till you start the other exam.
Oh lol, I'd hate that :P!

Chippiewill
09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Oh lol, I'd hate that :P!
Actually it's kind of helpful, forced to do loads of revision.

Metric1
10-01-2013, 07:07 AM
yes, i had a 3 exam clash last year.. one at 9, 2 and 7... legally they aren't allowed to make u write 2 exams in a 24hr period at my uni but i sucked it up because they bump ur missed exam till the last day and that meant i would have had to stay 10 days later so i just sucked it up and wrote it because i would have passed the class whether i wrote the exam or not...

luce
14-01-2013, 07:17 PM
yeah I know people who's science A level modules fell 4 in a day and they chose to just sit them all because they cba to stay at a teachers house. Realistically what is an extra hours revision going to do. You should be ready by then anyway. I did the RS exam you're talking about at 9am before 2 others and got 100% rs and A A in the others. People panic but it's better in a way because in that one day I sat all my January exams and way free.

Jorders
15-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Haha about making parents sign a contract. No offense but I'm sure I know more than one person whose parents would gladly sign a contract saying their child would have no access to computers etc. and then tell their child to go right onto Facebook or text their friends about the exam. Anything so their little angel gets the top marks and they can brag about how well their child did... (It seems like such an arrangement would be extremely rare though, considering I have never heard about this until now)

I would just smash out the 2 exams in 3 hours to be honest. Thats my advice. I have an exam tomorrow thats 3 hours and let me tell you its just better to be on a roll getting it all done than to completely loose your frame of mind in some silent isolated room between exams. Besides, I can almost guarantee that any revision done on exam day will count for nothing since you tend to just forget it due to stress etc. so you could sit in that isolated room for hours and its unlikely to give you any major advantage.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!