PDA

View Full Version : Could a new Crash Bandicoot game be coming out soon?

TonyBest
06-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Crash Bandicoot hasn't seen any new game releases since the 2008 game Mind over Mutants, however there may be a new reboot in the works as a NeoGAF member came across an image showcasing a new design for the orange bandicoot from an image posted on Vicarious Vision's Facebook page. It could be a reboot to the series or a cameo appearance in Skylanders Giants. For those interested heres the image below to check out.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/activision/vicariousvisions/crashbandicoot/vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

What do you guy's think? Could this be a simple cameo for Skylander's Giants or is this a new design for an upcoming reboot?

Kardan
06-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Crash Bandicoot hasn't seen any new game releases since the 2008 game Mind over Mutants, however there may be a new reboot in the works as a NeoGAF member came across an image showcasing a new design for the orange bandicoot from an image posted on Vicarious Vision's Facebook page. It could be a reboot to the series or a cameo appearance in Skylanders Giants. For those interested heres the image below to check out.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/activision/vicariousvisions/crashbandicoot/vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

What do you guy's think? Could this be a simple cameo for Skylander's Giants or is this a new design for an upcoming reboot?

More than likely a cameo. I know Skylander's had something to do with Spyro, and Crash and Spyro have had various links throughout their history.

The Crash franchise, as well as Spyro are ruined now really, a long way away from what they used to be. You just can't have simply platforming games these days, except Mario and Sonic it seems.

RyRy
06-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Crash Bandicoot coming back would be awesome but it would be kind of like how Spyro is going right now, which isn't doing too badly tbh! It's just a different concept of playing which isn't a bad thing. But tbh judging by that dudes hair and moustache that picture was from 90's...

Stephen
06-01-2013, 11:52 PM
nothing beats the old spyro and crash

TonyBest
06-01-2013, 11:54 PM
That screenshot was actually taken recently, as you can see by the Skylanders Giants image to the right of the crash poster. But yeh his hairstyle and moustache look like they come from the 90's

dbgtz
07-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Looks like it's edited in to be honest :L

Either way I'd probably buy it should it surface.

GoldenMerc
07-01-2013, 06:51 AM
nothing beats the old spyro and crash

totally agree, what console would it return on?
Is spyro still about?

Kardan
07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
totally agree, what console would it return on?
Is spyro still about?

No, the later series of games changed the format horribly, and then it turned into some warped version.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120508052643/skylanders/images/7/73/Spyro.jpg

*Waits to be warned for pointless posting because I haven't mentioned Crash Bandicoot*

HC
08-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Dunno, but this means my original copies will raise in price!!! :D

GoldenMerc
08-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Dunno, but this means my original copies will raise in price!!! :D

Very doubtful any crash badicoots on ps1 will raise.

HC
08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Very doubtful any crash badicoots on ps1 will raise.

I know right lol/ I've never really been a PS1 collector but I have some of the best games on it e.g all Final Fantasy. I am a huge collector of Nintendo though - Only if the games are boxed w/ manuals and great condition. I tbh need to find a new hobby cause it's sad lol

Sian
16-01-2013, 12:41 PM
whoever mentioned sonic.

that has also been catastrophically ruined. Mario is basically the only one left. But if they could reboot crash right, it would probably be epic. But that's doubtful, they never can anymore.

Chippiewill
16-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Crash Bandicoot went downhill as soon as naughty dog stopped developing it, the only good non-naughty dog crash bandicoot is crash bash. Same with Spyro and Insomniac.

Samantha
16-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Oh I have ps1 games for Crash but it does look like Skylanders, i remember Spyro and Crash racing etc. so they will probably link it again.

Kardan
16-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Crash Bandicoot went downhill as soon as naughty dog stopped developing it, the only good non-naughty dog crash bandicoot is crash bash. Same with Spyro and Insomniac.

Woah, Crash Team Racing was also decent ;)

Nevermind, was developed by NaughtyDog...

As for Sonic, they've had some poor games recently, but Generations wasn't *that* bad. Mario is the only one that has kept a good quality throughout time really.

JoeyK.
16-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Maybe they'll actually put him into Allstars along with Spyro. I can only hope x[

And yeah, I still have good memories of CTR. Had more fun with that than Mario Kart 64 personally.

Chippiewill
16-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Woah, Crash Team Racing was also decent ;)
CTR was easily the best crash bandicoot game.

Mario Kart didn't have **** on it.

Southe,
20-01-2013, 08:56 PM
whoever mentioned sonic.

that has also been catastrophically ruined. Mario is basically the only one left. But if they could reboot crash right, it would probably be epic. But that's doubtful, they never can anymore.

Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, Sonic CD (count that as it was a new engine and not a straight port like the other games)Sonic Gen, Sonic & Sega Racing Transformed have all been good games imo, and im not letting my Fanboyism out as i know 06, Unleashed, Chronicles and the Mario and Sonic games all suck.

As for crash i just see 1-3 and Kart as crash games in my mind they stopped making games after that. Naughty Dog <3

JoeyK.
21-01-2013, 04:26 AM
Platformers in general haven't done well this generation. The last one I really enjoyed was the original Kingdom Hearts.

Classics still endure to this day, especially Nintendo's - Sonic and Crash have nothing on Mario, Samus and Link.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, Sonic CD (count that as it was a new engine and not a straight port like the other games)Sonic Gen, Sonic & Sega Racing Transformed have all been good games imo, and im not letting my Fanboyism out as i know 06, Unleashed, Chronicles and the Mario and Sonic games all suck.

As for crash i just see 1-3 and Kart as crash games in my mind they stopped making games after that. Naughty Dog <3

I thought 50% of Sonic Unleashed was good :P

Southe,
21-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Platformers in general haven't done well this generation. The last one I really enjoyed was the original Kingdom Hearts.

Classics still endure to this day, especially Nintendo's - Sonic and Crash have nothing on Mario, Samus and Link.

I haven't picked up a Mario game since Galaxy, No Metroid games have played them tho and last 2 Zelda's i got where TP/OoT3D

Always preferred Sonic to Mario. Music is always better imo

I thought 50% of Sonic Unleashed was good :P
True i did enjoy the day stages but the werehog stops me from going back and playing.

Explorator
21-01-2013, 09:18 PM
I did enjoy playing some Crash Bandicoot back in the day with my Game Boy. But seriously, i think it's a dead gaming franchise now, much like Spyro and some other games in the 90's. WE'RE LOOSING ALL THE GOOD GAMES GUYS!

Kardan
21-01-2013, 09:45 PM
I did enjoy playing some Crash Bandicoot back in the day with my Game Boy. But seriously, i think it's a dead gaming franchise now, much like Spyro and some other games in the 90's. WE'RE LOOSING ALL THE GOOD GAMES GUYS!

Crash Bandicoot on your Game Boy? I don't know what you've been playing, but it's not Crash Bandicoot...

Southe,
22-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Think he meant GBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSlwCt-RwM

Kardan
22-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Think he meant GBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSlwCt-RwM
Only two generations and many years out :P

Explorator
22-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Crash Bandicoot on your Game Boy? I don't know what you've been playing, but it's not Crash Bandicoot...

GBA then :S

Habbz
22-01-2013, 03:41 PM
the best childhood game was crash bandicoot for me, would be cool to have some more games of crash bandicoot but very doubtful they'll make more

Southe,
22-01-2013, 07:18 PM
i only ever played 1 on a demo and then mate got CTR and i got that. wasnt until i got a ps2 i went back and played the 4 games. Wish Naughty Dog could get crash back =/

Speaking of which heres a wee vid about ND and Crash
Crash from 7:35 - 15:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRlBOgFAeHA

JoeyK.
27-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Slightly off topic, but I do recommend The Unfinished Swan for those looking for a non-challenging platformer that is actually a very nice experience - I wouldn't put it on Journey's level, but it's close.

Back on topic, I'd still love to see something new from Crash, though as others said, CTR was a favorite of mine - Maybe Sony should ditch the whole Little Big Planet Kart game and bring CTR 2 to light? I doubt it considering the sales numbers of Twisted Metal (another of PS1's greats), but it would make for an awesome game. There's just a bit too much repetition in mainstream games now, they all feel the same. I'm really liking the shorter experiences of indie games that don't try to include everything and instead make a game that's actually fun.

Zak
27-01-2013, 10:29 PM
The Crash we knew and loved has all but vanished.

Retire the series as nothing will be as good as those lovely PS1 games will all still treasure and enjoy playing :)

TonyBest
10-03-2013, 06:53 PM
I know this thread is about 2 months old but I have found more evidence. Earlier while looking at several game sites I came across this image from the url www.crashbandicoot.com/countdown. Although the link no longer works someone has managed to take a quick snap of what the page looked like which you can see below.
http://i.imgur.com/HbEvDgh.jpg

So what do you guys think? Could a reveal actually be coming in a few weeks from now?

Paige.
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
oh my god i hope so!
would be sooo nostalgic i used to play it all the time

zombies
10-03-2013, 07:28 PM
same ^

hope it aint fake :(

Plebings
13-03-2013, 08:30 PM
rayman origins has really given me hope for the resurgence of platform heroes, though i hate what spyro (my favourite 'old school' platformer) has become.

Shar
13-03-2013, 08:48 PM
rayman origins has really given me hope for the resurgence of platform heroes, though i hate what spyro (my favourite 'old school' platformer) has become.

I absolutely love rayman origins! I'd love a new crash game, I'd actually start playing games again if there was a new one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!