PDA

View Full Version : [Building] The Pokémon Centre

Semple
09-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Not my best room ever, but it was just a bit of fun to pay homage to my favourite series. It's basically a hybrid of the many incarnations of the Pokemon Centre throughout the generations, shown below:
http://i48.tinypic.com/34i4c5z.png

On to the room:
http://i50.tinypic.com/dd8k4.png

The desk part is from the anime instead, since it looked a bit bare being left blank (they're supposed to be those ridiculously large video phones from the first series that Ash used to phone Oak :p.) Oh and I am aware that the centre Pokeball has 3 square modules at the white section, but I've been searching all week and have yet to find even one white quarter-round (and they're not in cat or mp for some stupid reason) so if you have one I'd really appreciate making you an offer. :p The sci-fi furni is supposed to be the healing machine with the dog balls representing Pokeballs, dunno if that came across. The backstage passes are trainer cards I guess, whereas the desktop comp on the USVA shelves is meant to the be the PC you withdraw/deposit from (it looks a bit naff, I know.) Oh and the globe is there because I couldn't use the wall map for obvious reasons, and the map's pretty much a feature of every Pokemon Centre. Although I'm sure a globe may have been added in later generations so I guess it fits. :)

Anyway, rate/slate etc etc.

auffant1
09-01-2013, 11:59 AM
That looks really and awesome and creative for the furni we have. Great job :).

Chris
09-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Looks just like a pokemon center, good job :D

Sho
09-01-2013, 01:20 PM
This looks amazing, great job! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Habbz
09-01-2013, 01:20 PM
it looks really good and creative

LiquidLuck.
09-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Awkward moment when you're only 17, but you think you're becoming super old because you remember the first image of the pokemon center being the one you played the most.. in your game boy colour! Oh, God..

Anyway, really cool room, I liked it a lot, so well done! :D

buttons
09-01-2013, 02:19 PM
ugh i love it
LONG LIVE POKEMON

Absently
09-01-2013, 03:02 PM
wow, that is soo nice and looks so like it. it's actually amazing. +rep

Succubus
09-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Great choice of furni that you've used to make the room, fab job :)

geo
09-01-2013, 03:43 PM
oh wow, that's awesome. i love your room,
the bar area is really cool and i'll rep you when i can :-)

lawrawrrr
09-01-2013, 04:02 PM
never played pokemon but in my objective opinion it looks really like the centre, good job!! The glitchy cobbles/grass on the left is a bit annoying but that can't be helped :/

GoldenMerc
09-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Looks very similar, well done

Shockwave.2CC
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Pretty nice :)

zombies
09-01-2013, 09:49 PM
LOVE IT!!

Sloths
09-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Awwh that's great! Wonder if the new pokemon x and y's centre will be like the older ones or all flash

Semple
10-01-2013, 04:41 AM
Thanks for all the lovely comments guys! :) Didn't expect it to be so well received haha.

Awkward moment when you're only 17, but you think you're becoming super old because you remember the first image of the pokemon center being the one you played the most.. in your game boy colour! Oh, God..

Anyway, really cool room, I liked it a lot, so well done! :D

Tell me about it - seeing a new 3D Pokemon game being unveiled made me feel borderline decrepit. Can't believe it was 15 years ago I was playing Pokemon Red! :O

never played pokemon but in my objective opinion it looks really like the centre, good job!! The glitchy cobbles/grass on the left is a bit annoying but that can't be helped :/

Whaaaat!? You didn't have a childhood. :( :P Hahaha thanks though, and managed to change the cobbled part so the grass doesn't overlap, looks much better. :)

Awwh that's great! Wonder if the new pokemon x and y's centre will be like the older ones or all flash
Oooh all flash I imagine if we're basing it on the buildings shown in the trailer. I just hope the Pokecentre + Mart aren't combined like BW. Beyond excited for XY though. :)

Rainbow
10-01-2013, 07:41 AM
i love it :D tried searching 'Semple' for the room to hang around in it but cant find it, whats your habbo name or are you from a different hotel :(!

Faceless
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I think it's cleverly done

LiquidLuck.
10-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all the lovely comments guys! :) Didn't expect it to be so well received haha.

Tell me about it - seeing a new 3D Pokemon game being unveiled made me feel borderline decrepit. Can't believe it was 15 years ago I was playing Pokemon Red! :O

Omg ikr! For to be honest, old school ftw. If someone asked me which I'd most like to get for Christmas, I wouldn't mind getting an old game boy colour pokemon game, like ruby or emerald.. And your room made me want to play pokemon again! :(

Sho
10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't mind getting an old game boy colour pokemon game, like ruby or emerald..

Ruby was always my favourite :)

And yeah, this room made me want to play it again too. :(

Pigperson
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I've been a major fan of Pokémon since my childhood and it's so nice to see all those old Pokécentres :D I think your room is such a good remake and I don't think there is any way to improve it (apart from those pura modules which I hope you find soon!).

Will

Semple
11-01-2013, 03:07 AM
i love it :D tried searching 'Semple' for the room to hang around in it but cant find it, whats your habbo name or are you from a different hotel :(!
Thanks! My habbo name is HellFae.Scotland. :)

Omg ikr! For to be honest, old school ftw. If someone asked me which I'd most like to get for Christmas, I wouldn't mind getting an old game boy colour pokemon game, like ruby or emerald.. And your room made me want to play pokemon again! :(
I loved Ruby and Sapphire! :D It's so ridiculously hard to find a legit copy on Amazon though. :(

I've been a major fan of Pokémon since my childhood and it's so nice to see all those old Pokécentres :D I think your room is such a good remake and I don't think there is any way to improve it (apart from those pura modules which I hope you find soon!).

Will
Thanks a lot! :D I'm convinced white quarter rounds don't exist on .com though - no-one seems to own one! I've currently just replaced the red curves with squares for the time being so it's not uneven.

Fict
11-01-2013, 11:16 AM
love the use of mayan floor! and went to your room and i like your joey bot hehe

Semple
12-01-2013, 12:58 AM
love the use of mayan floor! and went to your room and i like your joey bot hehe

Haha thank you! Glad someone got it. :)

Anyway, after searching for over a week, I finally managed to get my hands on white quarter rounds (a big thank you to Karter. :)) so I've updated accordingly:
http://i47.tinypic.com/20z1b9w.png

Now complete with Youngster Joey (for those of you not aware of him, he's the hugely irritating Youngster who phones you just to harp on about his Rattata), as well as "Squirtle" and "Bulbasaur" - the turtle and frog respectively. :P Also changed the outdoors a little, with the long grass representing the patches in the game where you encounter wild Pokemon. :)

Icemaniceice
12-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Very well done! I love it :)

Semple
16-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Very well done! I love it :)

Thank you. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!