PDA

View Full Version : New Account Safety Settings

Plebings
09-01-2013, 07:09 PM
http://blog.habbo.com/2013/01/04/new-account-safety-feature/

NOTE: This feature is now active in the .COM Hotel and will be added to all other hotels soon.We’ve just added a new way to keep your account safe and secure.The account safety lock will automatically disable some features in the hotel if your account is accessed from an unknown computer. To unlock your account after safety lock, you’ll just have to answer a few additional security questions.Features locked by this feature:

Adding or removing credentials
Changing password
Changing email
Linking and adding accounts to identity
Trading
Using marketplace
Purchasing from catalog
Dropping furniture to group room
Deleting rooms

Visit your account identity settings to choose questions and enable this feature.

zombies
09-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Hopefully this will improve the safety.

Mr-Trainor
09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Noticed this when I logged on but when I didn't see it on the first page of this forum I assumed it was old news :P.
Anyway, it's about time they added this! People have asked for security things like this for ages, and although this isn't the best they could have done (Danubes mobile suggestion was better, like Facebook/Gmail) it's better than nothing :).

Toilet
09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Hopefully they give us the option to use custom questions because I don't really like these ones.

Plebings
09-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Hopefully they give us the option to use custom questions because I don't really like these ones.

yeah, it's stopping me from activating it.

sex
09-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Just put in answers that have nothing too do with the question, thats what i did (and saved it obv lol)

Mr-Trainor
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Just put in answers that have nothing too do with the question, thats what i did (and saved it obv lol)
Yeah that's the safest thing to do - unless you're like me and you'd probably forget :P.

Samantha
09-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Saw this on my clone, probably going to sort it out on my main account now. I do hope this isn't as flawed with the account lock feature previously as that had too many glitches, easily hacked accounts on that.

Sho
10-01-2013, 01:46 AM
I saw this and activated it. Is it meant to pop up everytime I log in? I thought it was only if it was on a different PC but it's popped up twice for me now on the same laptop

GoldenMerc
10-01-2013, 01:15 PM
More safety stuff, harder to get an account back also... hmm

Pigperson
10-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I quite like this, I might use it as I don't use Habbo on other computers normally.

Will

Samantha
11-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Finally set it up, however if you make random answers and then log on to another system you may not remember, could have another alternative to prove who you are in another way.

HOSKO02
31-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Finally set it up, however if you make random answers and then log on to another system you may not remember, could have another alternative to prove who you are in another way.

This is a definite flaw, the amount of users destined to forget is ridiculous, the Help Tool states there's nothing they can do about it, needs changing.

e5
31-01-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't like using this, as my computer often changes where it think it is, idk why... and my account would just always lock.

iSherlock
31-01-2013, 07:55 PM
My account has been safe for years, so I didn't set any safety question :)

Samantha
31-01-2013, 09:39 PM
They brought the account lock which had glitches, this does too unfortunately and they appear the same as the previous one. Sometimes (not all) if you log on another PC/Tablet/Laptop that runs on the same network as you, it will lock (good) sometimes it doesn't until you're back on your regular device (bad). Happened with the safety lock so really it shows someone has been on your account but doesn't lock until you go back on it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!