PDA

View Full Version : Two new stickied threads?

scottish
11-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Okay, within the Console and Computer Gaming (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249) can we get 2 new stickies

The first being a "Post your _____ name" which would be a thread updated by forum staff (smods or JerseyShore; since hes mod for that section)

the main post would contain spoilers containing a list of users and their names so for example;

scottish; - jibbi
dbgtz; - Kellie
Chris; - doit

scottish - jibbi
dbgtz; - Kellie2
Chris; - doit

etc for whatever services are available (using the @ tags so if the user changes their forum name it'd still link to their profile just wrong name which could be looked at every few months or whatever if that necessary)

The second being a "Post your screenshot thread", which would have rules (such as no scoreboards, name your game, screenshots must be yours, and any other appropriate rules), don't worry Kardan; this thread would allow discussion.

This would allow users to play a game show it off and maybe generate an interest in other members, an example of this on another forum; http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17732710 I know myself have seen a few games and looked further into it, and can always talk to the screenshot poster about their screenshot.

thx

Chippiewill
11-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Also we should try and get tom.2k to give steam group control to matt so it can be nicely curated.

scottish
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Also we should try and get tom.2k to give steam group control to matt so it can be nicely curated.

could create a new one as i'm sure some people in the group will no longer be active? :P I'd prefer to call it 'HxF' or something rather than HABBOxforum, something I don't wish to be on my profile :P

mrwoooooooo
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
lalalal i cant read

scottish
11-01-2013, 08:06 PM
That would be 5+ threads

psn
xbox live
steam
nintendo network?
screenshots

It's 2 if you read I said ONE thread to contain those

I even made some spoilers to show that fact.

dbgtz
That would be 5+ threads

psn
xbox live
steam
nintendo network?
screenshots

No he's suggesting one thread so a post would be like:

Steam: xyz
PSN: xyz

etc. and then there would be the spoilers with full lists.

Chippiewill
I think he means one thread for all of them.

mrwoooooooo
dammit

Mr-Trainor
lalalal i cant read
All the gamertags/usernames would be in one thread but separated by spoiler/post at the top of the thread.

edit
ok 4 people posted at the same time as me and beat me too it :P. Anyway, seems like a good idea so I don't see why not.

scottish
11-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Yeah it would be 1 thread just [ spoiler=whatevernamegoeshere] for each consoles online network.

JerseySafety
11-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Sounds good, I'll get onto it now. Any ideas on what to name the 'post your _______namethread'?

Was thinking just post your gaming names or something, but can't think too early.
scottish; or you think it should just be post your ______ name

scottish
11-01-2013, 08:40 PM
no i didn't know what to put for the ______ that's why i left it like that :P

could be Post your gaming names or something I guess :P

Kardan
11-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Okay, within the Console and Computer Gaming (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249) can we get 2 new stickies

The first being a "Post your _____ name" which would be a thread updated by forum staff (smods or JerseyShore; since hes mod for that section)

the main post would contain spoilers containing a list of users and their names so for example;

scottish; - jibbi
dbgtz; - Kellie
Chris; - doit

scottish - jibbi
dbgtz; - Kellie2
Chris; - doit

etc for whatever services are available (using the @ tags so if the user changes their forum name it'd still link to their profile just wrong name which could be looked at every few months or whatever if that necessary)

The second being a "Post your screenshot thread", which would have rules (such as no scoreboards, name your game, screenshots must be yours, and any other appropriate rules), don't worry Kardan; this thread would allow discussion.

This would allow users to play a game show it off and maybe generate an interest in other members, an example of this on another forum; http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17732710 I know myself have seen a few games and looked further into it, and can always talk to the screenshot poster about their screenshot.

thx

Don't worry, I can see the screenshot thread actually having discussion value, and the post your gaming contact thread, you won't get people posting in that every 2 seconds :P

lawrawrrr
11-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Ooooooh I would love a screenshot thread!!! Nice ideas Scott :)

Samantha
12-01-2013, 12:29 AM
I like the idea of the name thread, pity I don't think I have any gaming names unfortunately. Glad to see it has been implemented.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!